Trumpís Video Message to Kim Jung Un is a Joke . . . - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trumpís Video Message to Kim Jung Un is a Joke . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydog1958 View Post
    I spent a year in South Korea and worked with ROK soldiers and lived with KATUSA. I disagree with your point. Also, the term, “Oriental” hasn’t been used in a very long time. It’s considered offensive. They are referred to as “Asian.” You just proved exactly how out of touch with Asians you actually are.
    Your agreement with my point isn't necessary, it is my point and you are free to have your own. Didn't you know the word "oriental"? Personally, I use it quite frequently but, yes, I do know the term Asian. Now, if I refer to a group of people as Oriental, does that mean that they are not Asian? Of course not, it only means that they are from one of the sections that make up Asia, which are several, and composed of several countries. I might add, you might be considered the one out of touch and lacking vocabulary. But, what the hell, it is all in fun, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    The N. Koreans have suffered from sensory deprivation for years but now their "Great Leader" can present himself as being on a par with the US and may hold some hope for them that maybe their situation will change. Obviously Kim thinks the video is of some benefit and has released it on their TVs. Can you imagine their amazement at viewing Singapore and possibly have the hope for their taste of a better life? Yep, I think they will like it.
    Excellent insight that bears repeating! At the very least, it tells me that Kim Jong Un is sincere, else why would he give them a reason to revolt should he back out?
    It is to one's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel (Pro 20:3) // I came here to build Pro-2A consensus to help our country, not trade insults like a fifth-grader. If you're on ignore, well, now you know why.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    You and your kind no longer have the authority to label ethnic groups. Those days are long gone. Shouldn’t that right be left to the people that are a part of that group? It’s about respecting others who don’t look like you.
    And you never had the right to assign nefarious motivations to people who use words and phrases that you choose not to use. Nobody was disrespected here. You just chose to make a big deal about a word that was perfectly appropriate to use when many of us were comin' up. That's you trying to impose your own politically correct nonsense on people who have every right in the world to reject it. It's you disrespecting people here, not OG or me.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

You and your kind no longer have the authority to label ethnic groups. Those days are long gone. Shouldnít that right be left to the people that are a part of that group? Itís about respecting others who donít look like you.
    Philly: You seem to be some what confused in your post. Race and ethnicity are not characteristics that one can arbitrarily change to alter any discussion. My use of the word "oriental" seems to have upset you because you either didn't know its meaning, or you preferred using another. In any event, use of either is permissible and is the choice of the writer. I might suggest a little study on your part and increase your vocabulary.

6. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    And you never had the right to assign nefarious motivations to people who use words and phrases that you choose not to use. Nobody was disrespected here. You just chose to make a big deal about a word that was perfectly appropriate to use when many of us were comin' up. That's you trying to impose your own politically correct nonsense on people who have every right in the world to reject it. It's you disrespecting people here, not OG or me.

Blues
    I bought an Oriental rug less than a year ago from a store that has Oriental in the business name. I have a friend whose wife is Japanese who makes Oriental salad for his lunch frequently. Our neighborhood has a restaurant with Oriental in it and my niece builds indoor Oriental gardens. It's not derogatory unless someone is offended and if they are then do what they ask or don't. It's a characteristic of, or pertaining to the Orient. It's not making fun of their language or the way they talk or their appearance.

Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app

Bikenut Guest
    Leftists are the biggest bullys using ridicule and insults as they demand everyone must think, believe, do, and even speak in ways that leftists consider acceptable while they take your lunch money by demanding everyone pay more taxes to finance every cause the leftists have in their agenda of elevating themselves by putting down anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with them.

One only needs read the posts of leftists on internet forums (especially this forum) and to watch the main stream media to see the truth of who the bullys are.

Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    I bought an Oriental rug less than a year ago from a store that has Oriental in the business name. I have a friend whose wife is Japanese who makes Oriental salad for his lunch frequently. Our neighborhood has a restaurant with Oriental in it and my niece builds indoor Oriental gardens. It's not derogatory unless someone is offended and if they are then do what they ask or don't. It's a characteristic of, or pertaining to the Orient. It's not making fun of their language or the way they talk or their appearance.

Sent from my XT1650 using USA Carry mobile app
    We also know that blacks call each other the n-word all the time.
    ďReligion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.Ē ― Steven Weinberg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123