Just remember, this could have been YOUR daughter - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Just remember, this could have been YOUR daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I have carried a house key since somewhere around the age of 5. So that number would not be 70 years but somewhere around 65 years. And, although I don't remember back that far, it is highly unlikely anyone locked me out under the age of 5.

But the important thing is I was taught to lock my doors and windows and doing so has kept out intruders for decades. And, at least in my opinion, if locking the door means I don't have to deal with even just one violent intruder then the locks did their job of defending me and mine.

Now if folks would agree on ways to lock the doors and windows of the country there would be fewer intruders into the country. But while many folks get all caught up in arguments about how effective locking the Southern door might or might not be the damn door remains open. And quite frankly I believe that is intentional and it's not in order to be compassionate or humanitarian but is because people in power stand to benefit from it. Including benefiting from milking any references to compassion or humanitarianism.
    You carry a key to go get the mail, take the trash out. Otay
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

3. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Where the hell do you think I advocated for open borders? The point is that the hundreds of millions to build a wall is only a PR program, and will deprive American property owners of access to their property. If built it will be another theater of false security, just like the TSA, ineffective and a farce to appease the masses of non-thinkers.

And what will your tell your grandchildren about their family linage, and which country their forefathers came from when they came to this country?
    Was responding to Bikenut's post and the word compassion within it. Never said you were for open borders.

Disagree completely on the wall and agree completely regarding TSA.

I will tell my grandkids the truth. Our families legally immigrated from several European countries in the late 1700's to mid 1800's including the Iberian peninsula. They were Whalers, Bookbinders, Seamstresses, and even a Doctor.

I don't care when people legally immigrate to the US and it could be last week as long as it's legal. I welcome them and their aspirations. This country has a barely sustainable fertility rate, legal immigration is welcome and we should raise the current level for legal immigrants because it assists our economic growth. Read my post. Am against any illegal immigration, am for verifiable asylum, and am against the legal slavery and corporate plantations that illegal immigration attracts.

Wall, guest worker visas with employer sponsorship and ID's, e-verify, immediate deportation of all illegal criminals, and continued deportation of all others not here legally. We already have laws in place that were passed through legislation, so just follow them.
    It's really not complicated.

Take a look at immigration laws around the world. Few countries match the US in the welcoming of legal immigrants.

The Place to Be

Bikenut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I have carried a house key since somewhere around the age of 5. So that number would not be 70 years but somewhere around 65 years. And, although I don't remember back that far, it is highly unlikely anyone locked me out under the age of 5.

But the important thing is I was taught to lock my doors and windows and doing so has kept out intruders for decades. And, at least in my opinion, if locking the door means I don't have to deal with even just one violent intruder then the locks did their job of defending me and mine.

Now if folks would agree on ways to lock the doors and windows of the country there would be fewer intruders into the country. But while many folks get all caught up in arguments about how effective locking the Southern door might or might not be the damn door remains open. And quite frankly I believe that is intentional and it's not in order to be compassionate or humanitarian but is because people in power stand to benefit from it. Including benefiting from milking any references to compassion or humanitarianism.
    You carry a key to go get the mail, take the trash out. Otay
    Yes, I do. Just like I carry a gun to get the mail and take the trash out. "Be prepared" isn't just a slogan but is a way of life.

Just to short circuit any put down attempt I would not qualify as a "prepper". Otay?

General comment:
    What amazes me is how some folks have a tendency to judge how other people should live according to how they themselves live. Some people have lives with a very low threat level but it is a different story for other folks. And those who dismiss the lessons other people learn from upbringing/life experiences just because their own life didn't go that way are foolishly missing a chance to learn from the upbringing/life experiences of others.

I learned to carry a house key every time I leave the house so there will be no time I will be locked out either by accident or by the intent of others. I learned locked doors and windows keep all but the most determined intruders out. And if there is an intruder then they are determined and I need to address the situation with that in mind. And the same goes for the doors and windows of this country.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Yes, I do. Just like I carry a gun to get the mail and take the trash out. "Be prepared" isn't just a slogan but is a way of life.

Just to short circuit any put down attempt I would not qualify as a "prepper". Otay?

General comment:
    What amazes me is how some folks have a tendency to judge how other people should live according to how they themselves live. Some people have lives with a very low threat level but it is a different story for other folks. And those who dismiss the lessons other people learn from upbringing/life experiences just because their own life didn't go that way are foolishly missing a chance to learn from the upbringing/life experiences of others.

I learned to carry a house key every time I leave the house so there will be no time I will be locked out either by accident or by the intent of others. I learned locked doors and windows keep all but the most determined intruders out. And if there is an intruder then they are determined and I need to address the situation with that in mind. And the same goes for the doors and windows of this country.
    I carry to my maibox, take out the trash, walk the dog, etc... Everywhere but those buildings and properties that prohibit by law.

Its Murphy's Law. It's a repetition drill and you'll "only carry when you'll need it" is a failure waiting to happen and you can only use it if youre carrying it. My previous boss carried everywhere including inside his home. That was his comfort level and that's his business.

The Place to Be

Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    Was responding to Bikenut's post and the word compassion within it. Never said you were for open borders.

Disagree completely on the wall and agree completely regarding TSA.

I will tell my grandkids the truth. Our families legally immigrated from several European countries in the late 1700's to mid 1800's including the Iberian peninsula. They were Whalers, Bookbinders, Seamstresses, and even a Doctor.

I don't care when people legally immigrate to the US and it could be last week as long as it's legal. I welcome them and their aspirations. This country has a barely sustainable fertility rate, legal immigration is welcome and we should raise the current level for legal immigrants because it assists our economic growth. Read my post. Am against any illegal immigration, am for verifiable asylum, and am against the legal slavery and corporate plantations that illegal immigration attracts.

Wall, guest worker visas with employer sponsorship and ID's, e-verify, immediate deportation of all illegal criminals, and continued deportation of all others not here legally. We already have laws in place that were passed through legislation, so just follow them.
    It's really not complicated.

Take a look at immigration laws around the world. Few countries match the US in the welcoming of legal immigrants.

The Place to Be
    You talk about "the immigration laws around the world", people here need to understand what happens to people around the world that illegally enter one of those countries, like Mexico, Iran, China, Russia to say a few, you won't be given the various items the US gives them at all, you'll be looking at a long amount of prison time and then shipped right back over the border ASAP.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Bikenut Guest
    I carry to my maibox, take out the trash, walk the dog, etc... Everywhere but those buildings and properties that prohibit by law.

Its Murphy's Law. It's a repetition drill and you'll "only carry when you'll need it" is a failure waiting to happen and you can only use it if youre carrying it. My previous boss carried everywhere including inside his home. That was his comfort level and that's his business.

The Place to Be
    Perhaps your previous boss had some life experiences that taught him a gun that is not on his person is a gun too far away.

Perhaps you have also.

8. Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    You talk about "the immigration laws around the world", people here need to understand what happens to people around the world that illegally enter one of those countries, like Mexico, Iran, China, Russia to say a few, you won't be given the various items the US gives them at all, you'll be looking at a long amount of prison time and then shipped right back over the border ASAP.
    The liberal bleeding hearts would give the whole USA to the illegals if they had their way.
    Wish they would try to slip across into Mexico , get caught and see what happens .

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Perhaps your previous boss had some life experiences that taught him a gun that is not on his person is a gun too far away.

Perhaps you have also.
    I'm too OCD from my years in the military to do it any other way. I know plenty of ex LEO's, ex Military, and ex IC that are exactly like me. My wife understands me which is all that matters and she knows that I feel undressed if I'm not carrying.
    She carries but it's definitely hit or miss unless I remind her. Different priorities.

The Place to Be

I'm too OCD from my years in the military to do it any other way. I know plenty of ex LEO's, ex Military, and ex IC that are exactly like me. My wife understands me which is all that matters and she knows that I feel undressed if I'm not carrying.
    She carries but it's definitely hit or miss unless I remind her. Different priorities.

The Place to Be
    Question, since you carry, have you thought about the different insurance places that are designated directly towards people that, like myself carry a concealed weapon? I went with 2nd Call Defense for an insurance policy group.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

11. Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Question, since you carry, have you thought about the different insurance places that are designated directly towards people that, like myself carry a concealed weapon? I went with 2nd Call Defense for an insurance policy group.
    We both have carry insurance and it's worth having.

The Place to Be

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345