Children Of Illegals Cost More Than Funding For The Wall
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Children Of Illegals Cost More Than Funding For The Wall

  1. #1

    Children Of Illegals Cost More Than Funding For The Wall

    Children Of Illegals Cost More Than Funding For The Wall

    By: David Krayden
    .
    A new report from the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) found that it costs more to fund illegal births in America every year than the annual funding for President Donald Trump’s vaunted Wall.
    .
    The CIS document reveals that female illegal immigrants in the U.S. had 297,000 children in 2014 — costing $2.4 billion. As the Washington Examiner notes, Congress has approved $1.6 billion in 2018 to build The Wall. Although that’s not enough to finish the project, the political fight to obtain greater funding has been shelved until after the midterm elections — and could result in gridlock between the executive and legislative branches of the government.
    .
    Although illegal immigrants are not supposed to be receiving state welfare, that rarely happens in practice. The report asserts, “Medicaid will pay for a delivery in almost all cases if the mother is uninsured or has a low income, though some mothers without insurance may not even realize the program has paid health care providers. Illegal immigrants and most new legal immigrants are ineligible for Medicaid, but the program will still cover the cost of delivery and post-partum care for these mothers for at least a few months.”
    .
    The CIS examined births to both legal and illegal immigrants and concluded that these groups now account for 20 percent of births in America.
    .
    “Our best estimate is that legal immigrants accounted for 12.4 percent — 494,000 — of all births, and illegal immigrants accounted for 7.5 percent, — 297000,” wrote CIS Research Director Steven A. Camarota.
    .
    Camarota noted little difference in the figures in subsequent years.
    .
    As the Washington Examiner notes, Camarota says, “Paying for so many births to immigrant mothers may make sense, but the large share who can’t provide for themselves without the help of American taxpayers raises the question of whether our current immigration system makes sense.”
    .
    Read More: Children Of Illegals Cost More Than Funding For The Wall | The Daily Caller
    .
    My Thoughts:
    .
    Do you know that the US is the only country that gives citizenship automatically to children born here no matter the classification of their parent?
    .
    This action is just stupid, because there are illegals that come here just to obtain citizenship for the children born here that pay big money to be brought here, put in a hotel until the baby is born from places like China through Hong Kong.
    .
    Just look it up if you don’t believe me, there was a big news article on it last year when one of those hotels were raided by the police.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

  2.   
  3. Spend spend spend.
    .
    Why not go into bigger debt?
    .
    FORCE Mexico pay for a stupid wall?
    .
    No, we will be stuck with the bill. And our kid's kid's kids, etc.
    .
    But that's what all of you want - less freedom, more astronomical debt, no free market. Govt. is always right, right?
    .

    _______________

    $23 Billion Bill To "Fully Fund" Border Wall To Be Introduced This Week
    .
    House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy plans to introduce a bill this week that will fully fund President Trump's much-promised border wall, according to an exclusive report by Breitbart.
    .
    The "Build the Wall, Enforce the Law Act" would allocate $23.4 billion on top of the $1.6 billion already spent in order to build the wall the rest of the way.
    .
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ntroduced-week
    _______________


    Hey OPS, check this out and let me know what you think:
    .
    FREEDOM is ALWAYS the RIGHT ANSWER - It's CHEAPER TOO
    .

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,791
    The wall is a physical symbol of psychological unity against open borders and those who support open borders. That psychological unity would enhance the attitude of "America first" among "we the people" and that is what Leftists and globalists are fighting against with their talk about how much it costs and how ineffective it will be.

    It isn't the wall itself that is a threat to leftists globalists but is the attitude that America will stand on it's own and fight against being taken over by leftists and globalists from both within and without the wall symbolizes that is the real threat.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    The wall is a physical symbol of psychological unity against open borders and those who support open borders. That psychological unity would enhance the attitude of "America first" among "we the people" and that is what Leftists and globalists are fighting against with their talk about how much it costs and how ineffective it will be.

    It isn't the wall itself that is a threat to leftists globalists but is the attitude that America will stand on it's own and fight against being taken over by leftists and globalists from both within and without the wall symbolizes that is the real threat.
    .
    .
    I prefer truth over symbolism.
    .
    I prefer individualism over nationalism.
    .
    I prefer free markets over protectionism.
    .
    I prefer freedom over cages.
    .
    .
    The globalists want none of the above.
    .
    Psychologically, trump is a leftist who does NOT represent me.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    Spend spend spend.
    .
    Why not go into bigger debt?
    .
    FORCE Mexico pay for a stupid wall?
    .
    No, we will be stuck with the bill. And our kid's kid's kids, etc.
    .
    But that's what all of you want - less freedom, more astronomical debt, no free market. Govt. is always right, right?
    .

    _______________

    $23 Billion Bill To "Fully Fund" Border Wall To Be Introduced This Week
    .
    House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy plans to introduce a bill this week that will fully fund President Trump's much-promised border wall, according to an exclusive report by Breitbart.
    .
    The "Build the Wall, Enforce the Law Act" would allocate $23.4 billion on top of the $1.6 billion already spent in order to build the wall the rest of the way.
    .
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ntroduced-week
    _______________


    Hey OPS, check this out and let me know what you think:
    .
    FREEDOM is ALWAYS the RIGHT ANSWER - It's CHEAPER TOO
    .
    I was told to check out this show over the summer because a family member told me it was very factual. I watched one about the economy this summer, which was entertaining but hardly factual, and then this one.

    This video is part of the problem because it over engages on the short term cost negatives without any discussion of the ROI in the out years. This is pop culture propaganda but I at least watched it before deciding.

    I'll watch your Ron Paul videos anytime you post them but this is just millennial mind candy. It explains away a complicated issue with refutals based on assumptions like "circular migration" and some Ivy League professor walking out his baloney for short attention span theater credibility.
    It has never been hard to pass back and forth across the southern border if you were doing so legally or had an employment sponsor and if overstaying your visa and being uncomfortable inside the US is the result then so be it.

    If they said they were giving away $25B in free booze, cigarettes and cell phones tomorrow then over half the country would be fine with it but somehow a wall offends our sensibilities. In 2015-16 this country spent $138M on ammunition for departments that weren't the DOJ or DoD including US Fish and Wildlife expenditures for silencers for their Glocks. Silencers on Glocks. You know, for being out in nature and stuff like that.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamand...tary-agencies/

    Don't get distracted by the big invoices when they're passing the "small" ones everyday with only a tiny fraction of taxpayers knowing about it. The government spends $6.8M dollars per minute (regardless of who POTUS happens to be) as a 2015 estimate of total budget expenditures, we're confusingly worried about money spent on a wall to protect our most porous border but somehow completely ignoring it will make it stop? If it were up to "progressives then we'd throw them a party as they arrived.

    Build a thousand year wall, stop the illegality of DACA, construct a real and functional guest worker program, and push self deportation by putting the heat on employers that pay slave wages to illegals. Illegal immigration is the actual slavery of this generation and it's the government playing us against each other to support ever increasing profits for corporate America. And it all has little or nothing to with POTUS and everything to do with term limits that no one ever talks about.



    The Place to Be

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    Spend spend spend.
    .
    Why not go into bigger debt?
    .
    FORCE Mexico pay for a stupid wall?
    .
    No, we will be stuck with the bill. And our kid's kid's kids, etc.
    .
    But that's what all of you want - less freedom, more astronomical debt, no free market. Govt. is always right, right?
    .

    _______________

    $23 Billion Bill To "Fully Fund" Border Wall To Be Introduced This Week
    .
    House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy plans to introduce a bill this week that will fully fund President Trump's much-promised border wall, according to an exclusive report by Breitbart.
    .
    The "Build the Wall, Enforce the Law Act" would allocate $23.4 billion on top of the $1.6 billion already spent in order to build the wall the rest of the way.
    .
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ntroduced-week
    _______________


    Hey OPS, check this out and let me know what you think:
    .
    FREEDOM is ALWAYS the RIGHT ANSWER - It's CHEAPER TOO
    .
    You talk about spend, spend, spend.
    .
    So tell us, which is the better venue, spend money once to erect a wall or spend untold millions every year for who knows when, because the facts show that.
    .
    Your thinking doesn't add up.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

  8. Edited because I was out of line.

    Sorry OPS.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    OPS, don't even go there, inferring that my "thinking doesn't add up".
    .
    No offense, but I am telling you straight up: you are mindless drone owned by the state. Whatever MSFox tells you, you are expert at regurgitating without deep, or even shallow thought of your own. Or a care in the world how things will affect the present/future course of America and the people in it. You are a GRUNT. You in no way, shape or form, even understand the basic list of ten, let alone honor your supposed OATH to defend and protect it from ALL enemies foreign and DOMESTIC.
    .
    I have also noticed that you have conveniently bumped your posts without even responding to what's most critical in our country concerning loss of freedoms (see below links).
    .
    I was hoping by referencing you in my threads/posts that it would have somehow excited debate, perhaps causing you to step back and actually think, and begin to act like an intelligent Republican with a capital R who truly cares about the condition of this CESSPOOL.
    .
    Instead of "let's-pretend-we-are-republicans" standing for true and right so that maybe one day I would re-join the party that left me stranded, you and your ilk do nothing but cause the base to shrink because you are nothing more than huge tax and spend government lackeys who care more about a letter (r) than the state of our nation.
    .
    .
    Man up for a change. Respond to these threads, Mr. Service Man who swore an oath:
    .
    https://www.usacarry.com/forums/poli...d-air-sea.html
    .
    https://www.usacarry.com/forums/poli...black-eye.html
    I have to issue one correction on your statement. He's not a tax and spend Republican, he's a spend and borrow republican. He doesn't believe in actually paying the bills incured for the policies he advocates. Just so we're clear on the modern republican party. The Democrats may be tax and spend, but at least they make an effort at what passes for fiscal responsibility in D.C. these days. The last balanced budget & surplus we had came from a democrat president. Democrats don't behave like Brett Kavanaugh at a kegger destroying everything and leaving the bill to someone else.
    Republican dominated government has done that the last 2 times they were in power.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by niceshootintex View Post
    Build a thousand year wall, stop the illegality of DACA, construct a real and functional guest worker program, and push self deportation by putting the heat on employers that pay slave wages to illegals. Illegal immigration is the actual slavery of this generation and it's the government playing us against each other to support ever increasing profits for corporate America. And it all has little or nothing to with POTUS and everything to do with term limits that no one ever talks about.
    .
    It still opposes human rights. I know it's not a popular thing to say among todays so-called "republicans", but again "free markets" would solve this problem quick fast and in a hurry, if the elimination of welfare goes along with it.
    .
    All this talk, all this effort, all this money, all this everything that is causing chaos just to build a wall, I wish we'd get to the root and end the freebies. I know it doesn't sound feasible, but the Dems don't want the wall, true free market folks like myself don't want it, Republicans who haven't strayed from the founders don't want it.
    .
    At that point DACA wouldn't be an issue, we would be welcoming those who actually want to work, and once again be the Beacon of Liberty that has been long forgotten. Companies down toward the border need these workers because a lot of American's don't want those jobs.
    .
    Illegal immigration is NOT the actual slavery. DEBT is, and always will be. Illegal immigration is nothing more than not paying your "fair share" of extortion money to the government bureaucrats.
    .
    As I have said before, so-called "illegals" in this country still pay local/state taxes by way of sales tax, which pays for roads, etc., every time they buy a stick of gum, TV's, building materials, etc. It is the FED that doesn't get their cut, which I have no problem with at all.
    .
    If the FED want/need money, let them beg the states for it. Then maybe we can get back on track.
    .
    We may as well start the conversation now, as silly as it sounds to some around here, because the way things are now it will never get any better - just worse.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by G-Lock View Post
    I have to issue one correction on your statement. He's not a tax and spend Republican, he's a spend and borrow republican. He doesn't believe in actually paying the bills incured for the policies he advocates. Just so we're clear on the modern republican party. The Democrats may be tax and spend, but at least they make an effort at what passes for fiscal responsibility in D.C. these days. The last balanced budget & surplus we had came from a democrat president. Democrats don't behave like Brett Kavanaugh at a kegger destroying everything and leaving the bill to someone else.
    Republican dominated government has done that the last 2 times they were in power.
    I may agree with some democrats on some issues, but I suggest you re-run those numbers. The budget never was balanced, they used different calculation tactics to make it appear that it had been.
    .
    Tax and spend, tax and borrow... OPS has NO problem "spending" MY money LOL
    .
    I'd rather MY tax money go to real and actual infrastructure improvements - not these paper roads they keep fixing 3 times per year. As far as the homeless and needy, I donate often, so do businesses, and there are local churches and organizations who do a pretty darn good job. Anytime the govt. takes my money for programs like that, the bureaucrats in the middle are guaranteed to keep their cut leaving less for the ones in actual need.
    .
    I believe in a voluntary society, not force of government. Then local communities can begin to rebuild and actually help one another out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast