End gravy train
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End gravy train

End gravy train

Trump's Proposal to stop the gravy train. Charleston, WV. It would be nice to see it happen but I'm not holding my breath!

END GRAVY TRAIN

President Trump is against the Congress Gravy Train! That is why so many of the Congress are retiring. They hope to freeze their retirement as it stands.

This makes too much sense not to be passed on. At least we can make our wishes known and hope. I'm with Trump on this one and always will be.

Trump is asking everyone to forward this Email to a minimum of 20 people, and to ask each one of those to do likewise. In 3 days, most people in the United States will have the message. This is why the idea should be passed around, regardless of Political Party.

The Trump Rules: Congressional Reform Act Of 2018:

1 – No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman / Woman, collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they âre out of office. No more perks go with them.

2 – Congressman / Woman ( [B]past, present & future participate in social security. All funds in the Congressional Retirement Fund move to the Social Security System immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security System, and Congress participates with the American People. It may not be used for any other purposes.

3 – Congress must purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

4 – Congress will no longer vote themselves pay increases. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5 – Congress loses their current Healthcare System and participates in the same Healthcare System as the American people.

6 – Congress must equally abide by all the laws, they impose on the American people.

7 – All contracts with past and present Congressman / Woman are void The American people did not make these contracts with Congressmen / Women. The Congress made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators should serve their terms, then go home and go back to work, and not get all kinds of freebies! No wonder they âre fighting everything Trump does!

If each person contacts a minimum of 20 people, It will only take 3 days for most people in the United States to receive this message. Its time for us to take action now!

https://beforeitsnews.com/v3/alterna...8/3644531.html
    sdbcraig

3. Oldgrunt
    If each person contacts a minimum of 20 people, It will only take 3 days for most people in the United States to receive this message. Its time for us to take action now!
    OG,
    I would certainly take what is proposed. But something tells me:
    1. It's more political posturing because they will never agree to it. They just want votes for the election.
    2. No biggie, they can certainly afford all of the proposed themselves with the sidekick money they make, in exchange/sidetrack to further enslave the people (see below).
    3. If he was SERIOUS about SLASHING costs, trump would stand for our rights and not proceed with TSA taking over DOMESTIC travel, which is the most draconian initiative imaginable, along with RFID going to a central govt. database. I can't even fathom the costs of those two initiatives alone!

How about spreading THIS to 20 people???!!!

Pure political BS. The ideas are good, and I would support them, but if you believe even for a second that Trump wants to actually do the you are even a bigger fool than I thought.

He is a pretty good snake oil salesman, but the snake oil he is selling is himself, and he knows how to stir up the audience. And just how does he propose to get the members of congress to vote to lower their pay, take away their pension, healthcare, and perks? Actually he doesn't, he has no intention of doing any of that, for many are his supporters, and that whole rally was just about string up the gullible, such as yourself.

And just to make it clear, because you will mostly likely try to twist this into I support outrageous benefits our congress critters, I do not. I would support these cuts, but I am not so stupid that I think Trump has any real intention of pursuing this or that he could actually do it, aside from talking about it at future rallies to listen to the cheers from the mindless at his rallies.

Remember is a pathological liar, and the count thus far in his presidency is in the thousands.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Pure political BS. The ideas are good, and I would support them, but if you believe even for a second that Trump wants to actually do the you are even a bigger fool than I thought.

He is a pretty good snake oil salesman, but the snake oil he is selling is himself, and he knows how to stir up the audience. And just how does he propose to get the members of congress to vote to lower their pay, take away their pension, healthcare, and perks? Actually he doesn't, he has no intention of doing any of that, for many are his supporters, and that whole rally was just about string up the gullible, such as yourself.

And just to make it clear, because you will mostly likely try to twist this into I support outrageous benefits our congress critters, I do not. I would support these cuts, but I am not so stupid that I think Trump has any real intention of pursuing this or that he could actually do it, aside from talking about it at future rallies to listen to the cheers from the mindless at his rallies.

Remember is a pathological liar, and the count thus far in his presidency is in the thousands.
    XD: You obviously missed my disclaimer:

It would be nice to see it happen but I'm not holding my breath!

Again, just to make it clear, I am not trying to twist this in any way. Or did you miss that? Or just something to argue about today? And no, I am no fool anymore than you. Have you had your meds today?

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    OG,
    I would certainly take what is proposed. But something tells me:
    1. It's more political posturing because they will never agree to it. They just want votes for the election.
    2. No biggie, they can certainly afford all of the proposed themselves with the sidekick money they make, in exchange/sidetrack to further enslave the people (see below).
    3. If he was SERIOUS about SLASHING costs, trump would stand for our rights and not proceed with TSA taking over DOMESTIC travel, which is the most draconian initiative imaginable, along with RFID going to a central govt. database. I can't even fathom the costs of those two initiatives alone!

How about spreading THIS to 20 people???!!!
    PAF: Anyone in their right mind would be in favor of this but I don't know of many politicians who could be so classified. One can always hope. BTW. "How about spreading THIS to 20 people???!!!" You just did. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    XD: You obviously missed my disclaimer:

It would be nice to see it happen but I'm not holding my breath!

Again, just to make it clear, I am not trying to twist this in any way. Or did you miss that? Or just something to argue about today? And no, I am no fool anymore than you. Have you had your meds today?
    You state you are not trying to twist this in any way, then you throw the childish dig about meds..... really dude are you that desperate?

Furthermore I never accused you of trying to twist it, I said I would support these measures, but I am also far beyond not holding my breath, not because it doesn't stand a chance, but because Trump will never go beyond using it as a pep rally topic.

The greatest failing of our founding fathers is they failed to put term limits into the founding documents. The majority of our problems we face are because of our self-serving politicians that have been in office far too long.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

You state you are not trying to twist this in any way, then you throw the childish dig about meds..... really dude are you that desperate?

Furthermore I never accused you of trying to twist it, I said I would support these measures, but I am also far beyond not holding my breath, not because it doesn't stand a chance, but because Trump will never go beyond using it as a pep rally topic.

The greatest failing of our founding fathers is they failed to put term limits into the founding documents. The majority of our problems we face are because of our self-serving politicians that have been in office far too long.
    XD: You are one to talk of desperation. You make an accusation and then try to deny it:

And just to make it clear, because you will mostly likely try to twist this into I support outrageous benefits our congress critters, I do not.

And the dig about meds was not aimed at the post, only a question about your welfare since you seemed to be somewhat confused.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    PAF: Anyone in their right mind would be in favor of this but I don't know of many politicians who could be so classified. One can always hope. BTW. "How about spreading THIS to 20 people???!!!" You just did. Thanks!
    😊😊😊

This is a rare issue in that it seems that this is one subject the members of this group pretty much agree on. That includes me. We all seem to agree that the concepts are good but the likelihood of fulfillment is all but nil.

XD is someone I would be more likely to disagree with than agree with but I really do agree with this statement of his.

But let me ask everybody this: Is there any reason that the states could not pass legislation that puts a term limit on any person representing their state in congress? The constitution (prior to the 17th amendment) had the state legislatures choosing the senators, not by popular vote. This would have allowed them to limit each senator as they saw fit.

I'm not saying any state would pass such legislation, but could they and would it be constitutional?
    "I want a government small enough to fit inside the Constitution." Harry Browne - 1933 - 2006.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Derby View Post
    This is a rare issue in that it seems that this is one subject the members of this group pretty much agree on. That includes me. We all seem to agree that the concepts are good but the likelihood of fulfillment is all but nil.

XD is someone I would be more likely to disagree with than agree with but I really do agree with this statement of his.

But let me ask everybody this: Is there any reason that the states could not pass legislation that puts a term limit on any person representing their state in congress? The constitution (prior to the 17th amendment) had the state legislatures choosing the senators, not by popular vote. This would have allowed them to limit each senator as they saw fit.

I'm not saying any state would pass such legislation, but could they and would it be constitutional?
    The reason no state with sane leadership passes congressional term limits is because the leadership and committee systems in D.C. work on senority. Limit your congress-critters and you box them out of comittee and leadership opportunities. No one wants to shoot themselves in the foot that way. That is why it would have to be Constitutionally mandated through an amendment that will never happen. Congress critters will tell you there are term limits...they come when enough voters get fed up with them.

Mind you, this is not my POV....this is just the way the current system works and the justifications given for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast