What The Midterms Mean

Thread: What The Midterms Mean

1. What The Midterms Mean

“The Most Important Election of our Lifetime™ may be a referendum on Trump, Kavanaugh, #metoo, migrant caravans, or any number of manufactured outrages since the 2016 presidential election. It will not be a referendum on foreign policy, the Federal Reserve, debt, spending entitlements, spying, civil liberties, or anything important with regard to state power.
    By any objective measure, the ideological and policy disagreements between the national Democrat and Republican parties are not significant. Both accept the central tenets of domestic and foreign interventionism, both accept the federal government as the chief organizing principle for American society, and both view politics simply as a fight for control of state apparatus.
    Similarly, differences between policies actually enacted by Mr. Trump and the existing Congress and those likely to have been enacted by Mrs. Clinton and the same Congress are fairly small. While Mr. Trump alarms the Left with his tone and tenor, his actual views on taxes, spending, debt, trade, guns, immigration (the "Muslim ban" was neither) and war (unfortunately his good campaign rhetoric is largely abandoned) plainly comport with the general thrust of Clinton's neo-liberalism.
    Today's ugly midterm elections are about style rather than substance, party rather than principle, and power rather than ideas. Americans do not much argue about whether we are governed by DC, and only slightly over how we are governed by DC. But we argue viciously about who governs us from DC.”

https://mises.org/wire/what-midterms-mean

I really consider the GOP losing the house to be a blessing in disguise, and here's why:
    The Dems have already laid out their plans. They want to push forward with subpoenas, impeachment, etc. They want to re-open the Russia probe. The reason that is good is simple: Americans will see that the Dems aren't the least bit interested in furthering American progress, growing our economy, creating jobs, securing borders, or stopping crime. They are only concerned with Trump. That will make them look very very bad come 2020. Trump has set another trap by encouraging Pelosi as speaker too, because nobody is a better destroyer of Pelosi's credibility than Pelosi.
    They can push this divisive garbage and get nothing done. They can stall Trump's agenda. They can thrash about like children at bedtime, but in the end, it'll bite them.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

4. Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    I really consider the GOP losing the house to be a blessing in disguise, and here's why:
    They can thrash about like children at bedtime, but in the end, it'll bite them.
    OPS, can you please elaborate on the following?
    1. Federal Reserve
    2. Civil liberties, spying
    3. IMF

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    OPS, can you please elaborate on the following?
    1. Federal Reserve
    2. Civil liberties, spying
    3. IMF
    He probably hasn't answered yet because it's taking this long to find the answer to his question, "I'm not familiar with IMFs. Can you enlighten me?"
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

6. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    He probably hasn't answered yet because it's taking this long to find the answer to his question, "I'm not familiar with IMFs. Can you enlighten me?"
    I can’t wait until he finds out how many of those he bought and didn’t even know it, and/or the reason why it’s good that he has that many ;-)

I just figured he’s still working on problem #1.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    I can’t wait until he finds out how many of those he bought and didn’t even know it, and/or the reason why it’s good that he has that many ;-)

I just figured he’s still working on problem #1.
    Hell, he's probably stumped on #2 for that matter.

What The Midterms Mean-5733d1337228239-how-can-people-stup.gif
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...