Mitt Romney Wins(!) Senate Race In Utah!

Thread: Mitt Romney Wins(!) Senate Race In Utah!

1. Mitt Romney Wins(!) Senate Race In Utah!

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...p-wins-in-utah

I made this On the Record sheet back in 2012 for the presidential primaries, but Republicans didn't want to read it. They were just happy that he changed the letter to an "R" after his name:

____

Romney registered as an Independent and voted in the 1992 presidential primaries for the Democratic former senator from Massachusetts, Paul Tsongas.
    Romney played down his party affiliation, saying he was "not a partisan Republican" but rather a "moderate with progressive views”. He stated that he would observe a moratorium on changes to the state's laws on abortion, but reiterated that he would "preserve and protect a woman's right to choose".
    Romney supported raising various “fees”, including those for drivers' licenses and gun licenses, among other things, to raise more than $300 million, doing so in the face of conservative and corporate critics who viewed these actions as tax increases.
    Romney said in a live debate that he would have signed Obama’s National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) which allows the military to arrest any citizen without a warrant, trial or lawyer.
    Romney said in a live debate that all citizens should be Biometrically Identified and put into a National Database.
    Romney supports Obama’s signing of the Patriot Act and its definition of “terrorist” which is so broad that it can include any U.S. citizen. He supports the continued operation of the Guantanamo Bay detention camp, and use of enhanced interrogation techniques against “suspected” terrorists.
    During an interview with Wendell Goler, Romney publicly endorsed wiretaps of mosques and churches.
    Romney supports an interventionist foreign policy. Romney would increase the military by at least 10,000 troops overseas. He has expressed no intention of changing current nation-building efforts or expenditures. Highly critical of Obama’s foreign policy, Romney’s own plans mirror the President’s in terms of U.S. presence in foreign lands and the budget needed to continue.
    Romney would have the U.S. continue to pay for Japan, and Germany’s defense.
    Romney’s foreign policy advisors: Dov Zakheim, Robert Kagan, Michael Chertoff, Eliot Cohen, Eric Edelman, John Lehman, Evan Feigenbaum, Aaron Friedberg, Kent Lucken, Kristen Silverberg – all of whom are Israeli Dual Citizens.
    Romney supports corporate bailouts at taxpayers’ expense, and supported the Bush administration's Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP).
    Obama-care based on Romney’s own healthcare mandate. Determined that a new Massachusetts health insurance measure not raise taxes or resemble the previous decade's failed "Hillarycare" proposal at the federal level, Romney formed a team of consultants from diverse political backgrounds to apply those principles, incorporating an individual mandate at the state level, or face escalating tax penalties.
    During a “Meet the Press” interview, publicly supported and advocated the Wyden-Bennett Act.
    Romney quoted “Corporations are people, too”.
    Romney caught on tape advocating taking money from the Department of Education to help pay for the Olympics in Salt Lake City.
    Romney signed “No New Taxes” pledge as governor then raised taxes 7 times.
    Romney stated that he would increase the age requirement of Social Security. No word has been given about increase in benefits due to standard of living. As Social Security checks stay the same and the dollar continues to fall, recipients will have less purchasing power for food and utilities which now outpaces inflation.
    Romney flip-flops on a wide array of issues, including audit of the Federal Reserve, taxes/mandates, abortion, 2nd Amendment rights (was given a D- by Gun Owners of America), minimum wage, immigration, anti/pro Reagan, global warming, “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell”, same sex marriage, stem cell research, etc., stating “I’m running for office, for Pete’s sake”.
    Romney stated that he would refer instead to lawyers on constitutional issues, and during a live debate even called on Ron Paul for constitutional advice.
    Romney’s 25 years business experience at Bain Capital utilizing “leverage buyouts”, borrowing money from other people, knowing that those debts might never be paid back while still profiting themselves. Romney later quoted same practices in government as “immoral”.

3. See what happens when one doesn't look at Records and stand on principle?
    When republicans win, democrats win.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    See what happens when one doesn't look at Records and stand on principle?
    When republicans win, democrats win.
    Yep. And vice versa as well.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

5. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Yep. And vice versa as well.
    Agreed.
    All this talk about repubs versus dems, I sometimes still get caught up. I don't know, Blues, I guess I'm just trying to get folks to at least look at records before going deeper into the actual issues. It's like raising kids...some personalities are different than others and require different techniques. All are (should be) adults here but tptb have been at this for ages.
    Though I feel conservatism would be in everybody's best interest, just like one wouldn't throw money away at home (debt=slavery), it's not about repub versus dem - we should talking about Liberty versus Tyranny.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    Agreed.
    All this talk about repubs versus dems, I sometimes still get caught up. I don't know, Blues, I guess I'm just trying to get folks to at least look at records before going deeper into the actual issues. It's like raising kids...some personalities are different than others and require different techniques. All are (should be) adults here but tptb have been at this for ages.
    I consider myself a realist. As such, the only political record(s) that count to me is the aggregate macro record, rather than personality or individual or ideological records over a small segment of time. On a meter, it would be displayed as "As Much Individual Liberty As Has Ever Existed" on one end, and "Complete Authoritarianism and Police State" on the other. Perhaps the former state of the state actually existed post-Revolutionary War, briefly post-ratification of the Constitution and BoRs, but even if it did, it began inching ever-closer to the latter state of the state shortly thereafter. It has never crept backwards since the onset of its' creeping towards authoritarianism and full-on police state. The exact onset is probably impossible to identify, but one could surmise that it was certainly in full forward momentum by the time the Supreme Court contradicted the actual primary author of the Constitution's lack of specific guidance concerning the issues in question in Marbury v. Madison in 1803. It was a seemingly insignificant ruling at the time, but the Supremes assumed a power unto themselves that has turned out to be one of the most vile of activist rulings in American jurisprudence, that being, "judicial review." It may have started earlier than that, but that was a full-steam-ahead departure from The People having much of any say-so in how this country was run. Without a say-so, there can be no individual liberty that is enduring, and from the macro perspective, we find ourselves the victims of that truism now. The meter is nearly pegged. No election will ever lessen the voltage driving that needle ever-closer to the peg.

Bottom line; People concerned with elections are concerned only with microcosms, and are generally blind to the macro, big-picture. Voting in a corrupted system is an act of working against one's own liberty interests. That truth ain't never gonna change no matter how many or how genuine and sincere and trustworthy any third parties emerge to take their turn as the biennial or quadrennial flash-in-the-pan.

It rained yesterday, so I spent the day out in the shed sharpening chainsaw chains and cleaning guns. I accomplished much more significant tasks by doing those two things than I would by voting for the rest of my life.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...