Thousands of Corpses from US-led Airstrikes Found Under Raqqa Rubble, Says Diplomat

Thread: Thousands of Corpses from US-led Airstrikes Found Under Raqqa Rubble, Says Diplomat

1. Thousands of Corpses from US-led Airstrikes Found Under Raqqa Rubble, Says Diplomat

The bodies of over 8,000 Syrians killed in bombing raids by the US-led coalition have been found in mass graves in Syria’s Raqqa after the rubble was partially cleared away, Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Thursday.
    Those were mainly women, the elderly and children. In addition, a mass grave where more than 2,500 people were buried was uncovered at a farm near a pediatric clinic and the National Hospital, while another burial site was opened near Al-Panorama where 1,500 bombing raids’ victims were buried."
    "The letters stressed that to date just two percent of the rubble had been cleared away in Raqqa, which had been literally razed to the ground," Zakharova emphasized.
    According to the diplomat, the statistics turned out to be in stark contrast with "the hysterical reaction expressed by the US and other Western countries with respect to protecting Syrians’ rights," and "the information provided in recent reports by various Western NGOs on the situation in Raqqa."
    Moscow and Damascus have drawn attention to the situation in Raqqa on numerous occasions. On November 29, Russian Permanent Representative to the UN Vasily Nebenzya said that the US and its allies were trying "to hide the dire consequences of their military operation" to liberate the Syrian city. For its part, Damascus sent a letter to the UN, which laid the blame for the bloody carnage on the US-led coalition, whose air raids claimed thousands of lives, while the city itself was razed to the ground.
    More:
    http://tass.com/politics/1029851

3. I was just thinking... about the MIC, and the severe debt that we’re in.
    For every non-reusable bomb we drop, how much profit they make, when I’m trying to make ends meet here at home in my own country.
    And if some foreign country dropped that many bombs over here and murdered over 8,000 Americans, how I would be in the right to become upset and want to get back at them for harming my offspring, and my country - the same way they wish they could defend their families and land.
    And maybe it’s time that we rethink our Foreign Policy. And not conquer other nations to steal for the MIC what doesn’t belong to us.
    How much richer we’d be, innocent lives saved, more trade, while having enough left over to protect our own country just in case.
    Things like that.