Thank You, Veterans

Thread: Thank You, Veterans

1. Thank You, Veterans

“Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW) condemns in no uncertain terms the bombing of Sharyat airbase in Syria six days ago by Donald Trump’s administration. As veterans of the unending and expanding wars conducted over the last 16 years, we know intimately that U.S. military intervention exacerbates and further militarizes conflicts overseas and that the people who pay the greatest price are the everyday people of occupied nations. We also know that this is not the first time our military has been used in the Syrian conflict. U.S. bombs have been dropped on Syria under both the Trump and Obama administrations, resulting in more than a thousand civilian deaths.”
    Continue:
    Iraq Veterans Against the War | You are not alone
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq...gainst_the_War

And if you support cadet bone spurs, keep in mind he doesn't give a damn about you. I didn't serve to protect the likes of this greedy corrupt self-serving lying coward.

5 Ways President Trump and Congressional Republicans Are Betraying Veterans
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

4. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    And if you support cadet bone spurs, keep in mind he doesn't give a damn about you. I didn't serve to protect the likes of this greedy corrupt self-serving lying coward.

It is not any presidents fault or the congress or senate, for they are merely representative of the constituents who “vote” them in. They merely seek a tremendous profit at any/all costs, just like the American people who sign up with nary a thought.
    Which btw, thank not only dinner-side lack of conversations, but also the fed dept ed.
    Honor that murderous thug Chris Columbus on Columbus Day too, because that is what they and innocent young children are taught, right?
    The Patriotic veterans in the OP link have my tremendous respect, they are who I would want by my side in times of peace, and war if legitimately required.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post

XD: I hate to disappoint you, but you served to protect any, and all greedy, corrupt, self-serving, lying cowards who happened to be in office during your term of service. Just as we all did, and are continuing to do, even today. But, you know what, we didn't realize it at the time and weren't concerned unless we happened to be in a combat unit and facing the threat of death. Other than that, life as normal. This is nothing new and it will not change any time in the future. Even PAF, with his continuing cynicism, is aware of that and, to say or think anything different is whizzing in the wind. But, even he, is having to go to the extremes in his arguments, such as this latest comment he made:

"Honor that murderous thug Chris Columbus on Columbus Day too, because that is what they and innocent young children are taught, right?"

History is history, regardless of what our opinion is of any part of it. It happened, get over it. Try to envision what life may have been like if many of the things we complain about today had not happened. Possibly some good could have happened, conversely, something even worse could have happened. WE, collectively, have allowed things to happen which have resulted in our current state of affairs. WE all have to bear a share of the burden for where we are and can't continually pizz and moan about things we will never have again until WE can all speak and act as one. In case no one has noticed, we ain't there yet!