The Latest On The Second Amendment Book Bomb

Thread: The Latest On The Second Amendment Book Bomb

The Latest On The Second Amendment Book Bomb

On America's Bill of Rights Day (December 15), the Second Amendment Book Bomb was launched by the Independent Institute to communicate the importance of the Bill of Rights' Second Amendment for the protection of liberty. With your help, constitutional rights can continue to be pushed to the top of national book bestseller lists, making a loud and clear statement that the Second Amendment right to arms is unalienable!

The Second Amendment Book Bomb follows on the heels of the truly historic victory on June 26, 2008, when the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in the landmark case of District of Columbia v. Heller that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms. However, the Heller ruling was immediately attacked and efforts continue on the national level and across the country to undermine gun rights. (In this regard, President Barack Obama's choice of Eric Holder for U.S. Attorney General is an ominous sign.) Therefore, to secure the Second Amendment now and for the future the American public must be made aware of the reasons why the Founders sought to protect the right to arms.

And now we have the tool to do so, the fascinating, seminal, and inspiring, new book, The Founders' Second Amendment: Origins of the Rights to Bear Arms, by Stephen P. Halbrook. Dr. Halbrook is Research Fellow at the Independent Institute, has won three cases before the U.S. Supreme Court, and filed an Amici Curiae Brief in District of Columbia v. Heller on behalf of 55 members of the Senate, the Senate President, and 250 members of the House of Representatives. Dr. Halbrook's book is the perfect way to help family and friends fully understand the Second Amendment. The goal is to reach one million Americans with the book during the year ahead.

We are closing in on this goal, and with your help we can make Dr. Halbrook's book #1 across the bestseller lists. In addition to obtaining a copy for yourself, please consider getting additional copies for family members, friends, associates at work, community leaders, schools, libraries, journalists, policymakers, and others to use in order to promote a better understanding of the Second Amendment.

You can help make The Founders' Second Amendment a #1 bestseller! Please go to the following web site and pledge to obtain at least one copy of the book, and then urge everyone you know to make their pledge ASAP:
    Second Amendment Book Bomb.

Buy the book through this Amazon link and help support USA Carry at the same time!

<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=usacarry-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=1566637929&fc1=000000&IS2=1 &lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFF FFF&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
    Last edited by lukem; 02-09-2009 at 06:09 AM.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Just ordered it through Amazon (I love one-click shopping!), should have it by Wed or Thu of this week.
    Last edited by Piece Corps; 02-09-2009 at 05:10 PM.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    Just ordered it through Amazon (I love one-click shopping!), s I should have it by Wed or Thu of this week.
    about to do the same thing.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!