Patriot?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patriot?

Patriot?

Patriot?-ocwljwf.jpg

Was he pouting because this wasn't about him?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

If Trump farted those who suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome would blame him for causing hurricanes, tornadoes, destroying the ozone layer, and global warming.

This grasping at straws to justify the obsessive hatred of Trump would be funny if it wasn't so darn pathetic.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

Here’s another weird catch. Satan’s spawn?

Lefties like guns, too . . .

Is it necessary to orally say the Apostle's Creed or is it sufficient to read it only? Seems that would be personal choice rather than an indication that one isn't a Christian. Some churches don't recite the Creed at all so, who is wrong and, if wrong, why? Small point but I guess one has to grab at straws if nothing else is available.

First off, the Roman Catholic Apostles Creed is not scripture, and was not written by any of the actual apostles. The last apostle, John, had been dead for nearly 300 years when the Apostles Creed showed up. While the creed does contain some truths found in the Bible, it is mostly a vehicle to promote the Roman church. In very sneaky but typical Vatican fashion, the Apostles Creed elevates the Roman Whore to the same level as the Holy Spirit. This unbiblical counterfeit (holy Catholic church) started in the closing days of the Roman Empire, mixing raw paganism in with bible doctrines. The Catholic Church got its start in 313 AD, and the first thousand years of the Roman church constitute what used to be taught in schools as the Dark Ages. Rome has always been, and will always be, the number one killer of Christians on the Earth in any period of time. Reciting vain repetitions like the Apostles Creed has no place in an actual Christian church. I have no idea why President Trump declined to recite it, but as for me, I would not have recited it either.

What is the origin of the Roman Catholic Church?

~ HEAVEN Has A Wall And A Strict Immigration Policy - HELL Has Open Borders ~

7. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    The Catholic Church got its start in 313 AD, and the first thousand years of the Roman church constitute what used to be taught in schools as the Dark Ages. Rome has always been, and will always be, the number one killer of Christians on the Earth in any period of time.
    Agreed, however the atrocities have been taken over by modern day soldiers/military-industrial complex. Our founders repeatedly warned but we refuse to listen.

OG, Ringo... first to you think that Trump even knows any of this?

As an atheist I would not have shown the disrespect at a state funeral for a former president that Trump demonstrated, by failing to recite, or even pretend by just standing there like a dolt.

And does it matter if "it is not necessary" or if it is "not scripture, and was not written by any of the actual apostles"? It was part of the service.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    First off, the Roman Catholic Apostles Creed is not scripture, and was not written by any of the actual apostles. The last apostle, John, had been dead for nearly 300 years when the Apostles Creed showed up. While the creed does contain some truths found in the Bible, it is mostly a vehicle to promote the Roman church. In very sneaky but typical Vatican fashion, the Apostles Creed elevates the Roman Whore to the same level as the Holy Spirit. This unbiblical counterfeit (holy Catholic church) started in the closing days of the Roman Empire, mixing raw paganism in with bible doctrines. The Catholic Church got its start in 313 AD, and the first thousand years of the Roman church constitute what used to be taught in schools as the Dark Ages. Rome has always been, and will always be, the number one killer of Christians on the Earth in any period of time. Reciting vain repetitions like the Apostles Creed has no place in an actual Christian church. I have no idea why President Trump declined to recite it, but as for me, I would not have recited it either.

What is the origin of the Roman Catholic Church?

Do you really think your ignorant, unread President even understands the Creed? He’s a numbskull. Here is a video of little Donny Trump with mommy and daddy in the early years. Trump’s first church visit . . .

[QUOTE=Phillydog1958;649600]Do you really think your ignorant, unread President even understands the Creed? He’s a numbskull. Here is a video of little Donny Trump with mommy and daddy in the early years. Trump’s first church visit . . .

It completely amazes me how some people, through only conjecture, and without actually knowing all the particulars about subjects on which they are commenting, can make asinine statements that, rather than show knowledge of their subject, show how little they actually know. The video clip is meant to be derogatory to Trump but actually has no connection to him, only a cheap slur exhibiting the poster's feelings toward Trump.

The Apostle's Creed has been adopted by many churches, not only the Catholic Church, but with varying definitions of the word "Catholic." Protestant churches see the word to mean "universal" and encompassing us all. It might prove interesting to study the Creed and how it is taken in all religions before making an error in using one's own descriptive terms. I am a Catholic and have no problem with the Creed, nor do I claim exclusive ownership of it for the Catholic Church. We do recite it during services but as with Trump, not everyone does so orally. We all have a mind with which we can follow along with the service. As XD said, to have followed along with the oral tradition would have been nice, and perceived as being more respectful yet, still not an earth shaking faux pas.

Rather than criticize someone else concerning their religion, or perceived lack thereof, it might behoove us all to examine our relationship with God to see if we have room to comment about anybody or anything.

[QUOTE=Oldgrunt;649603]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillydog1958 View Post
    Do you really think your ignorant, unread President even understands the Creed? He’s a numbskull. Here is a video of little Donny Trump with mommy and daddy in the early years. Trump’s first church visit . . .

It completely amazes me how some people, through only conjecture, and without actually knowing all the particulars about subjects on which they are commenting, can make asinine statements that, rather than show knowledge of their subject, show how little they actually know. The video clip is meant to be derogatory to Trump but actually has no connection to him, only a cheap slur exhibiting the poster's feelings toward Trump.

The Apostle's Creed has been adopted by many churches, not only the Catholic Church, but with varying definitions of the word "Catholic." Protestant churches see the word to mean "universal" and encompassing us all. It might prove interesting to study the Creed and how it is taken in all religions before making an error in using one's own descriptive terms. I am a Catholic and have no problem with the Creed, nor do I claim exclusive ownership of it for the Catholic Church. We do recite it during services but as with Trump, not everyone does so orally. We all have a mind with which we can follow along with the service. As XD said, to have followed along with the oral tradition would have been nice, and perceived as being more respectful yet, still not an earth shaking faux pas.

Rather than criticize someone else concerning their religion, or perceived lack thereof, it might behoove us all to examine our relationship with God to see if we have room to comment about anybody or anything.

This lying old man in all white, with a big cross around his neck is a joke. He looks to have a “God complex,” and is using the Bible to lie and defend the ultimate liar in the Whitehouse, and actually using scripture to do so. He’s as evil as Trump and not godly, in my opinion. This twisted, old fart is extremely politically slanted. He’s a false prophet. Misuse of religion is disgusting, and I see why so many have abandoned it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast