Just How Close Is the Rapture? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just How Close Is the Rapture?

"As an ambassador for Jesus Christ, according to all the signals, you are about to be called home. So, it is incumbent on you to proclaim the message while you remain on this fallen planet."

Rapture…What If…?

"You hypocrites, you can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that you do not discern this time?
    The Truth is not a Conspiracy Theory

Jesus is Coming Soon; Most are Not Ready

"You hypocrites, you can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that you do not discern this time?"

We who are watching and waiting have prophecy staring us right in the face, as events line up as dominoes that only need a push, and literally "all hell on earth" will break loose...I believe we are coming right up to the push that will start that time coming. It will be the church of the Laodiceans that goes through the fire of the Tribulation. It will be those who have simply warmed a pew, not interested in what the preacher was speaking of, living their life like there was no tomorrow. They have lived for their flesh, and have put on the false face of righteousness because they belong to the best church in town, give regularly to the building program, or volunteer for the Annual Church Bake off, they think they are just fine in God's eyes....Only when they have been left behind will the thought of their foolishness come crashing down upon them, and they will know they have missed the "catching away of the Church." They may have heard it all their life, and they have scoffed at the very idea and fallen for the age old trap of being sloven for the Lord. This is the Church that God will spew out of His mouth, into the horror of the coming Tribulation.

Those who have been in earshot of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and were either too busy, or just didn't think they needed some preacher to tell them that they were living in sin, or were destined for hell, if they did not repent..will remember those words and will search desperately for an answer when millions have been reported missing all over the planet. I saw a video and it showed what it could be like, if those who have put off the decision that will affect their destination for eternity, sitting in a church service and the preacher is preaching his heart out..Bible in hand when suddenly a clap of thunder and his bible falls to the ground....suddenly the whole church is near empty save a few totally frightened members who look around in horror and they instantly know what has happened. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI1r2XJJWqQ If you have been idle in the church of Laodicea, I urge you to come to the Church of Philadelphia, where Jesus arms are open wide to receive you.

"You hypocrites, you can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that you do not discern this time?"

After the Rapture - Left Behind!!!

If you are watching this video and millions of people around the world have just disappeared, you need to know the truth. What you are going to see and hear in the next few minutes will change your life forever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWav...hodKJnJEpmEm2z

We ARE The Last Generation - how much time is left?

7 Reasons Why the Pretribulation Rapture is a Biblical Necessity

"This Caronavirus pandemic is a pebble in the ocean compared to a yet-future global event that will rock the world to its core. If one rapidly spreading virus can cause this type of global disruption, can you imagine what the RAPTURE will do when tens of millions are removed from the world in an instant?”

Why all the Fuss about the Pretribulation Rapture?

9. Should the "rapture" occur tonight, I am ready to go. But I don't believe in the rapture. Sorry. The idea is such a big chunk of what would have been a big part of Christian doctrine since the beginning of the early church that it is somewhat preposterous that no one spoke of it until the Nineteenth Century when Charles Darby began crusading for this newfound major Christian doctrine. It makes no more sense to me to cherry pick various Bible verses from both the OT and NT and string them into a total new doctrine than choosing random sentences out of a book and claim a completely new story line. Personally, I believe the rapture theory was planted by satan himself to create chaos and a falling away from God by some Christians in the last days when the much hoped for rapture does not occur.

When God turn ancient Israel over to the Assyrians after ancient Israel began idol worship God said that "The righteous will suffer with the un-righteous". God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Why would He give pampered Christians not ever tested by fire an easy way out?

Quote Originally Posted by Whydah View Post
    Should the "rapture" occur tonight, I am ready to go. But I don't believe in the rapture. Sorry. The idea is such a big chunk of what would have been a big part of Christian doctrine since the beginning of the early church that it is somewhat preposterous that no one spoke of it until the Nineteenth Century when Charles Darby began crusading for this newfound major Christian doctrine. It makes no more sense to me to cherry pick various Bible verses from both the OT and NT and string them into a total new doctrine than choosing random sentences out of a book and claim a completely new story line. Personally, I believe the rapture theory was planted by satan himself to create chaos and a falling away from God by some Christians in the last days when the much hoped for rapture does not occur.

When God turn ancient Israel over to the Assyrians after ancient Israel began idol worship God said that "The righteous will suffer with the un-righteous". God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Why would He give pampered Christians not ever tested by fire an easy way out?
    First, look at 2 Peter 3:3-4 “Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying ‘Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation." Not too long ago I had a Christian friend mock this eschatology, unwittingly quoting Peter’s passage nearly verbatim! This brother later apologized. But if Christians are fulfilling this, what about unbelievers? Second,it's obvious that yourself, like so many professing to be Christian, haven't read the Bible. Sorry, for if you had read the Bible, you would know that the RAPTURE is in no way, shape, or form a "newfound Christian doctrine". You would also know that "ancient ISRAEL / Assyrians" is old doctrine/testament/covenant, "pampered Christian' is new covenant/testament. I'll attempt to keep this simple for you (unless of course you wish to further pursue truth of Scripture), let the Scripture itself answer your last simple question... God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Why would He give pampered Christians not ever tested by fire an easy way out?"....

1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 New King James Version (NKJV)

"For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him".

You may also check out my SIGNATURE (which is Scripture by the way).

Quote Originally Posted by Whydah View Post
    Should the "rapture" occur tonight, I am ready to go. But I don't believe in the rapture. Sorry. The idea is such a big chunk of what would have been a big part of Christian doctrine since the beginning of the early church that it is somewhat preposterous that no one spoke of it until the Nineteenth Century when Charles Darby began crusading for this newfound major Christian doctrine. It makes no more sense to me to cherry pick various Bible verses from both the OT and NT and string them into a total new doctrine than choosing random sentences out of a book and claim a completely new story line. Personally, I believe the rapture theory was planted by satan himself to create chaos and a falling away from God by some Christians in the last days when the much hoped for rapture does not occur.

Since you do not believe in the rapture, if it were to happen tonight, you might not be taken. I don't know your relationship with the Lord or how much you believe in Scripture but you apparently missed the part where God promises to save some from the horrors of the Tribulation. At the rapture, it is written that both the living, and the dead in Christ will be taken with Jesus and, at the same time, the rise of the Antichrist. The belief in the Rapture emerged from the anticipation that Jesus would return to redeem all members of the church. It is Scriptural, it is not cherry picking. Eschatology, dealing with End Times, provides proof from the Bible of the rapture and belief that both living and dead believers will ascend into heaven to meet Jesus Christ at the Second Coming (Parousia).

Your assertion that Christians today are "pampered" and never tried by fire" is false. Christians are being tried every day the world over because of their belief and, yes, the righteous are suffering along with the unrighteous. We are not immune. Now the main question is, have you repented of your sins in this world and hope to be found worthy of being taken in the rapture, regardless of when it comes? No one knows with any exactness when it will occur but we can know the seasons given by the Bible. And by that, we can infer that the time is extremely close.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast