Just How Close Is the Rapture? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 60

Thread: Just How Close Is the Rapture?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    10,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    No one knows with any exactness when it will occur but we can know the seasons given by the Bible. And by that, we can infer that the time is extremely close.
    AMEN...A Lifeway Research study found that “98% of the church will not talk about the glorious news that Jesus will return any moment. Think about that: according to the Bible, the Rapture is our blessed hope and 98% of those that call themselves Christians don’t talk about it (Titus 2:13). Perhaps that is why it will come upon the world like a snare, and so many Christians think prophecy teachers are fanatics. Jesus is coming soon and most are not ready.

    "You hypocrites, you can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that you do not discern this time?
    “Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to ESCAPE all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.”

  2.   
  3. I prayed the sinner's prayer long ago and accepted Yashua into my life as Lord and Savior. There are no other "requirements" in order to be found "worthy" for spending eternity together with Him that I am aware of. Insinuating to others that they are somehow lacking in their spirituality as you hold up your own is judgmental and not of the Spirit. Should the "rapture" occur I will be pleasantly surprised. If it does not occur many will be devastated and disillusioned. Tribulation for Christians in other parts of the world is already a reality as they are beat, raped, imprisoned, beheaded, and suffer all manner of indignities. Not so here in America, at least not yet. But it will come. The wheat will certainly be separated from the chaff, as promised.

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    10,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Whydah View Post
    I prayed the sinner's prayer long ago and accepted Yashua into my life as Lord and Savior. There are no other "requirements" in order to be found "worthy" for spending eternity together with Him that I am aware of. Insinuating to others that they are somehow lacking in their spirituality as you hold up your own is judgmental and not of the Spirit.
    No one questions your requirements to be found worthy, that's strictly between you and God. Neither does anyone insinuate that you are somehow lacking in your "spirituality". If any "spirit" is in question here, it is the Berean spirit, you know, that "searched the scriptures daily, to determine whether those things were so." So you see, it's not being judgemental to call you out when you claim to possess knowledge of Scripture when in fact you are clearly ignorant of it.

    It's not my intention to question your reading comprehension, however, our discussion is in reference to the Rapture. Is it just by coincidence that you mention "worthy" in your post? I ask because concerning the Rapture, Scripture reads...Luke 21:36..."Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man". Now let me ask you, what exactly is the "ESCAPE" that our Lord is referencing? Before you continue here I suggest that you be like the Bereans, search the Scriptures, because it's much more difficult to hide ignorance than to acquire knowledge.
    “Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to ESCAPE all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.”

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Whydah View Post
    I prayed the sinner's prayer long ago and accepted Yashua into my life as Lord and Savior. There are no other "requirements" in order to be found "worthy" for spending eternity together with Him that I am aware of. Insinuating to others that they are somehow lacking in their spirituality as you hold up your own is judgmental and not of the Spirit. Should the "rapture" occur I will be pleasantly surprised. If it does not occur many will be devastated and disillusioned. Tribulation for Christians in other parts of the world is already a reality as they are beat, raped, imprisoned, beheaded, and suffer all manner of indignities. Not so here in America, at least not yet. But it will come. The wheat will certainly be separated from the chaff, as promised.
    Friend, there is no need to be argumentative concerning religion. Having said the sinner's prayer, you expressed your belief in God and received pardon for your sins.

    John 11:25-26: King James Version (KJV):

    25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

    26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?


    Since you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, He has also accepted you, so your salvation is not in question. The subject here is the Rapture. It is not specifically mentioned in the Bible as "Rapture" never the less it is referred to in many parts of Scripture and will be God's provision to remove His Church, both living and the dead, from a world that will literally become a living hell for those left. Ringo's posts have never been more relevant concerning the Rapture than today because it is apparent that this world has become a sinful place and people are denying God. Consequently, He has foretold that He will be doing something to remove His people from the world before the fateful and horrible end which is coming, i.e., the Rapture followed by the rise of the Antichrist. It is up to you to accept or reject the possibility of it happening. Your belief on that single point shouldn't cost you your salvation so I wouldn't let it become a thorn in your side. I would, however, suggest that you read the passages that portend the Rapture. You will find them interesting and can lead to many interesting discussions that we can enjoy rather than be at odds over things with which we should be in reasonable agreement. You have taken the first step by making your post so please do continue since discussions concerning the Bible will be of benefit to us all.

  6. Probably right there with the world ending in 2012.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. I would suggest that you do a bit of research on the subject of pride. Referring to another believer as "ignorant" who you think does not meet YOUR standard is an indicator that you possibly should temper your own tongue if you desire what you say to be received as helpfully as you might have intended.

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    10,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Whydah View Post
    I would suggest that you do a bit of research on the subject of pride. Referring to another believer as "ignorant" who you think does not meet YOUR standard is an indicator that you possibly should temper your own tongue if you desire what you say to be received as helpfully as you might have intended.
    "Ignorance is a lack of knowledge and information. The word "ignorant" is an adjective that describes a person in the state of being unaware, and can describe individuals who "deliberately ignore or disregard important information or facts".

    You say that you "don't believe the Scriptures" and at the same time profess to be a "believer". Sorry pal, your banal trite reply doesn't cut it. Truth is neither pride, condescending nor hate speech.
    “Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to ESCAPE all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.”

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    10,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Whydah View Post
    Personally, I believe the rapture theory was planted by satan himself to create chaos and a falling away from God by some Christians in the last days when the much hoped for rapture does not occur.
    I've lost count of the many times that I've seen Satan use deceivers such as yourself to attack the doctrine of the imminent Rapture of the church to hide God’s love from the world and steal the peace and hope from believers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whydah View Post
    God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Why would He give pampered Christians not ever tested by fire an easy way out?
    The Rapture: Why It’s Called The Blessed Hope

    “Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to ESCAPE all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.”

  10. I have NO physical proof that the heavenly wall exists either. Only thy faith. I’d sure hate to not have the FAITH when he comes again and spend eternity somewhere else than heaven.

  11. #40
    Just How Close Is the Rapture?-ready.jpg

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast