KATRINA Victims that had Guns taken/stolen by Gov. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KATRINA Victims that had Guns taken/stolen by Gov.

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    It's difficult to justify stealing legally owned and possessed guns but that didn't seem to be a problem for any of the jack booted thugs that did that. They didn't care about justification. They came in at gunpoint. They pushed around an elderly woman.
    Don't fight them, but don't let them in, either. Don't answer their questions and don't cooperate. If they're looking for a reaction, don't give it to them.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

but don't let them in, either.
    I guess you didn't see the video's. It wasn't a matter of "letting them in". The jack booted thugs came with M-16's (or AR-15's I'm not sure) on their shoulders pointed at the homeowners and forced their way in.

I'm not sure but that's close to the point where some lead needs to fly. Of course it's not a good idea to start when they have the draw on you. I think now, I would be tempted to set my cars up so as to block entrance to my property.

Of course my "emergency" that I would likely face is a large earthquake where I would want my vehicles out a little away from the house anyway. At this point in my life I likely would be carrying openly on my own property and would have a rifle or shotgun loosely pointed at anyone approaching the property. All predicated on being able to spot them before they got in the yard.

It's going to take some bloodshed if this happens again or you can kiss your guns and your rights goodbye.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

wolfhunter Guest

5. Carry a gun!
    Because Police are too heavy to carry!
    IF THEY COME TO GET YOUR GUNS,
    LET THEM HAVE THE BULLETS FIRST!

I guess you didn't see the video's. It wasn't a matter of "letting them in". The jack booted thugs came with M-16's (or AR-15's I'm not sure) on their shoulders pointed at the homeowners and forced their way in.

I'm not sure but that's close to the point where some lead needs to fly. Of course it's not a good idea to start when they have the draw on you. I think now, I would be tempted to set my cars up so as to block entrance to my property.

Of course my "emergency" that I would likely face is a large earthquake where I would want my vehicles out a little away from the house anyway. At this point in my life I likely would be carrying openly on my own property and would have a rifle or shotgun loosely pointed at anyone approaching the property. All predicated on being able to spot them before they got in the yard.

It's going to take some bloodshed if this happens again or you can kiss your guns and your rights goodbye.
    I saw the videos. Shoot the cops and you're likely to die in a hail of gunfire. You'll be a Ruby Ridge martyr, but the cops will have their own version and they'll win in whatever proceedings follow.

Hold off and you can sue the pants off them later. Better to do almost anything that doesn't involve being carried by 6. It's hard to go on TV denouncing an outrage if you're dead.

So no matter what, you turn over your Constitutionally protected guns. OK. That's your decision. It didn't work out all that well for the folks in New Orleans but you're right they didn't die.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

So no matter what, you turn over your Constitutionally protected guns. OK. That's your decision. It didn't work out all that well for the folks in New Orleans but you're right they didn't die.
    How many of them regained their right to own guns? How many of them aren't likely to admit that they had several more weapons stashed in the garage or attic?

Permanent solutions to temporary problems are not always the right solution.

Lets not forget that there are now laws on the books that remind the lawyers, politicians & police that confiscating guns during a crisis is a "no no".

All that being said, every scenario is unique, and it would depend on a lot of variable factors on what I would do. I would remain armed though, of that I am relatively sure.
    I have become more optimistic, and now believe that things could get worse.

Those who would actually follow orders to confiscate legally owned firearms, are criminals themselves! Of the worst kind I might add!!

My number one priority would be to avoid getting into a firefight with government forces that could kill everyone in the house and endanger the neighbors. Ideally, that could be accomplished by hiding the weapons. If it comes to it, they might have to be handed over. Either way, a big stink will be made about it.

It's my opinion that to act as a deterrent, NRA or some other group should really be more vengeful in situations like this. Sue the individual soldiers and LEOs, relentlessly pursue this even after the guns have been returned, run commercials that publicly denounce the state officials who approved this, etc. Taking the gloves off isn't enough - claws and teeth must be brought out. It's possible to win a case victoriously, as in Keller - but if you don't then capitalize on that and use it to individually attack some of those who were in opposition, they're just going to come back later.

And what happen when they declare Marshall law and then come get the guns.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast