KATRINA Victims that had Guns taken/stolen by Gov. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: KATRINA Victims that had Guns taken/stolen by Gov.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycathed View Post
    ok, so it may not be along the same principle but I still think they may have been wrong in taking ppls guns. since it didn't happen to me I probably don't have a say in whether it was right or wrong.
    You "think" they may have been wrong to steal people's guns in a time of disaster and failed police protection?? It happened in the United States, where we have a Constitution and elected government, why wouldn't you have a say in unconstitutional illegal gun stealing, putting law abiding citizens at risk from the criminal types being allowed to run wild and steal at will? Not that I have any strong feelings about it one way or the other.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

I'm with Jim on this one.

The practice that separates a patriot from scoundrel is standing up for constitutional rights for all, not just for self. I am not content to let Kalifornia slowly strip MaybeJim's second amendment right just because they haven't yet come for my gun. I, like many others, have tried to become more proactive in my defense of the second amendment. The gun grabbers have certainly become more proactive in their attempts to kill me and my family. Yes, I said kill. If you intentionally remove someones only defense, and then leave them alone, surrounded by hostile criminals, then you have effectively murdered them. Remember, once a right is lost, it is no longer a right. Goes from right to privilege, privilege to restricted privilege, to outright ban.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    Do you not think that gun confiscation was the prelude to the Holocaust and that gun confiscation must be jumped on whenever it is practiced?
    Yes I do. But there is a big difference between then and now. In Germany, and many other occasions around the world and throughout time, arms confiscation has led to horrific and massive deaths. In those cases, it became law. In our case, it is against the constitution and against the law in most places. Therefore, my concern about taking our eye off the mark by railing against a what happened in Germany. If we are diligent about criminally perusing those who break the law, even if they are in high places, we are better off.

Shop.JPFO.org
    Quote Originally Posted by Innocents Betrayed DVD or VHS
    That's the number of civilians that have been murdered by their own governments in the 20th century alone. 170,000,000 men, women, and children who were defenseless to protect themselves. 170,000,000 victims of gun control.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!
    EDC Primary: M&P45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon light in SmartCarry holster
    >>> http://MP-Pistol.com/
    EDC BUF: LCP, Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly holster
    >>> http://LCPforum.com/

Yes I do. But there is a big difference between then and now.
    We'd all like to believe that. But Kalifornia and New York and New Orleans have all confiscated guns. Kalifornia, New York, and Illinois (among other places) all severely limit guns and gun ownership. "Shall not be infringed" is a joke among the left and the Dem's. The 2nd Amendment still exists based on a single vote out of nine.

If we are diligent about criminally perusing those who break the law, even if they are in high places, we are better off.
    A nice thought but...we have a Secretary of the Treasury who is a tax cheat. We have a Secretary of State, who as I understand it can not Constitutionally hold the office. We have a host of administration bigwigs who are strong anti-gun nuts.

We are not in a good position at present.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

The problem is that they will continue to confiscate guns no matter what the law is. Laws do not mean anything to these politicians anymore. They have catch 22's for everything. We can't take their guns but we can disable them. We can't take their guns but we can take the ammo and so on. They always find a way around laws. Look at Heller, they are finding ways around that win aren't they. If they know they will not be punished they will keep doing it. Hell, Negan got re-elected after that nightmare in New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Landor View Post
    The problem is that they will continue to confiscate guns no matter what the law is. Laws do not mean anything to these politicians anymore. They have catch 22's for everything. We can't take their guns but we can disable them. We can't take their guns but we can take the ammo and so on. They always find a way around laws. Look at Heller, they are finding ways around that win aren't they. If they know they will not be punished they will keep doing it. Hell, Negan got re-elected after that nightmare in New Orleans.

Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong. Only time will tell.

They, whoever "they" happens to be at the moment, could ask for your guns & ammo regardless of what the law is.

But having a law on the books protecting our right to keep and bear arms, even during an emergency, is a plus, not a minus.

In these hard times, don't forget to invest in precious metals. Gold is up, and silver is too, but I'm sticking to copper jacketed lead.
    Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-21-2009 at 07:59 PM.
    I have become more optimistic, and now believe that things could get worse.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234