KATRINA Victims that had Guns taken/stolen by Gov.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: KATRINA Victims that had Guns taken/stolen by Gov.

  1. Exclamation KATRINA Victims that had Guns taken/stolen by Gov.

    I can't see how those poor people gave up their guns!
    They were stuck in what used to be their home that Katrina turned into a swimming pool.
    Then People in Government uniforms come by not to offer help or food and water,
    but to take their guns like they were CRIMINALS.
    They had NOTHING to lose and were being robbed by the DUMB POLICE!
    I hope that never happens again!
    IF THEY COME TO GET YOUR GUNS,
    LET THEM HAVE THE BULLETS FIRST!


  2.   
  3. #2
    I've been watching this story since the beginning. I deployed with 1st Cavalry Division to New Orleans. The 1st Cav and 82nd Airborne refused to take part in any forced evacuations or weapons confiscations. (posse comitatus and the 2nd Amendment were cited)


    I do have one big problem with the NRA's approach to this, there should have been some form of damages given to people that had their guns confiscated. The images of guns rusted beyond repair graced the pages of the NRA's magazines, but I did not see any agreement to pay people for the property that the city of New Orleans destroyed.
    I have become more optimistic, and now believe that things could get worse.


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon
    Posts
    637
    I commend any and all service men and women who refused to take part in that disgrace. Thank you for your patriotism, Calvary Doc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I commend any and all service men and women who refused to take part in that disgrace. Thank you for your patriotism, Calvary Doc.
    Absolutely my pleasure.


    I'm a civilian now, and want to avoid having my own guns taken. Punitive damages, or at least replacement costs would have gone a long way to preventing this in the future.

    I applaud the NRA for seeking legislation preventing agencies from confiscating guns in times of crisis. They are making up for lost time.

    The NRA is not perfect, but is still listed in my "friend" column.
    I have become more optimistic, and now believe that things could get worse.


  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
    Absolutely my pleasure.


    I'm a civilian now, and want to avoid having my own guns taken. Punitive damages, or at least replacement costs would have gone a long way to preventing this in the future.

    I applaud the NRA for seeking legislation preventing agencies from confiscating guns in times of crisis. They are making up for lost time.

    The NRA is not perfect, but is still listed in my "friend" column.
    praise peaple like you
    Let every soul be subject unto the [U.S. Constitution.] For there is no [Constitution] but of God: the [Constitution] that be [is] ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the [Constitution], resisteth the ordinance of God:American Romans Ch.13v1-7 C.Baldwin

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    I am still amazed some good old boy redneck didn't take offense to the demand and refuse. Of course it's kind of hard when they come busting in with AR15's pointed and on their shoulders but I'm still surprised no one resisted.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    I am still amazed some good old boy redneck didn't take offense to the demand and refuse. Of course it's kind of hard when they come busting in with AR15's pointed and on their shoulders but I'm still surprised no one resisted.
    Nonviolent resistance would probably be called for in that situation. State that you don't have any, lock them to a radiator, or simply turn into a silent, passive statue. Or just stand there and recite the Pledge of Allegiance over and over and over again, or whatever suits you.

    It's difficult to justify handcuffing or arresting someone who is just standing there like a pillar. They can seize your weapons but they'll have to find them themselves.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    60
    I am totally disgusted with the men and women that FOLLOWED ORDERS and took legally owned guns from legal citizens and made them targets to the gangs and looters. Those men and women are what is wrong with America. I would be willing to bet a lot of them enjoyed doing it. Made them feel powerful. My blood boils just thinking about it.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Landor View Post
    I am totally disgusted with the men and women that FOLLOWED ORDERS and took legally owned guns from legal citizens and made them targets to the gangs and looters. Those men and women are what is wrong with America. I would be willing to bet a lot of them enjoyed doing it. Made them feel powerful. My blood boils just thinking about it.


    The history books are full of stories of misguided youth.

    That's why the efforts of the NRA to have laws on the books that prevent such an occurrence. The problem was that there was no prior thought. There were rumors of people shooting at rescue helicopters, mostly false, but fueled by reporters. So the Democrats in control used their simplistic logic to solve the problem. If people are shooting, take away the guns. Problem solved right? It works in kindergarten with pea shooters.

    Luckily there have been some changes in our favor.


    The Heller decision was another welcome step in the right direction.
    I have become more optimistic, and now believe that things could get worse.


  11. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    Nonviolent resistance would probably be called for in that situation. State that you don't have any, lock them to a radiator, or simply turn into a silent, passive statue. Or just stand there and recite the Pledge of Allegiance over and over and over again, or whatever suits you.

    It's difficult to justify handcuffing or arresting someone who is just standing there like a pillar. They can seize your weapons but they'll have to find them themselves.
    It's difficult to justify stealing legally owned and possessed guns but that didn't seem to be a problem for any of the jack booted thugs that did that. They didn't care about justification. They came in at gunpoint. They pushed around an elderly woman.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast