16 illegals sue Arizona rancher - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 16 illegals sue Arizona rancher

Exclamation I have to disagree, BUT.....

Well, I understand the feelings of the people defending Barnett. I agree that he should not be facing charges. That said, I believe that anybody on U.S. soil has civil rights. If I, as a native born citizen, were to knowingly trespass on this man's property, he would have every right to detain me until the authorities could arrest me. Additionally, under U.S. Code Title 8 Section 1325, what these people were doing is a felony. As we all know and discuss on this board, using deadly force to stop a felony in progress is not illegal.

Thus, I think that we should enforce the laws that we have, not create new laws in order to remove the rights of any certain groups of people (sound familiar?).

I think that stripping any group of people of their civil liberties is a very dangerous precedent for all of us.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

I don't know about Arizona, but in Texas, trespassing on marked private property is a shooting offense. This travesty of justice can't be allowed to happen. Maybe a march on the courthouse where the suit will go to trial, if it gets that far.

The lawyers as well as the illegals should all be deported. Cases like this are what's wrong with America. Things like this should never even be in court.

"Common Sense" gun laws. Common sense tells me that the gun didn't carry itself to the crime scene and pull it's own trigger. Punish the criminals, not the guns!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    I think that stripping any group of people of their civil liberties is a very dangerous precedent for all of us.
    How is detaining tresspassers stripping anyone's civil liberties? Yes illegal immigrants are human beings and should be treated as such but they know full well what they are doing. They chose to tresspass and being detained and turned over to the authorities in no way removes any rights. Allowing them to sue the land owner does remove his right to protect his family and property though.
    Last edited by ronwill; 02-10-2009 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Grammer

By our own Declaration of Independence "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights...." and so on that we are so familiar with, so people, no matter their country of origin have rights.

That being said, the owner of that property, as has been noted here, was also fully within his rights to protect it and himself from a literal invasion.

Sounds like he needs a major fence, 110v anyone?

And seriously, if they know about these immigration "highways," park some border patrol trucks on 'em and start sending people home.
    Taurus PT92
    17+1 9mm

I hope to hear an update on this very soon that it was thrown out of court. that guy should not be in court.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

8. If it violates the rights of an illegal to hold them for breaking the law, why does it not violate the rights of a US citizen. If you were trespassing on private property, you knew you were doing it and you got caught and held by security until the police arrived, would you feel your civil rights were being violated?

How many shoplifters at the mall are caught and held for the police? How many of them sue the mall for civil rights violations. You break the law and you pay the price. Evidently illegals will not only be granted asylum in the US but also granted immunity from our laws.

The judge that allowed this to go to trial should be ashamed. It will be a travesty if these illegals get anything more than a bus ride back to the border.

9. and they wonder why the Americans have a growing hatred toward the illegals coming in, 1st I think the lawyers should be dis-bared and the judge should be thrown out of the court, he is not worthy of that role. I do not have a problem with a man coming over to try to give his family a better life, but they are proper channels to go thru. In my mind you are not protected or have any claims to our constitution until you become a citizen.you do still have basic human rights but thats it!
    Last edited by fibertech; 02-10-2009 at 11:10 AM.

Exclamation I know there are opposing views here but...

By the very nature of their nomenclature illegal they have no rights PERIOD.
    Should you chose to enter their country illegally you will have no rights, civil or otherwise, think not... try it I dare you.
    Yada, yada, yada, 14 amendment aside the US Constitution was written for the citizens of this land, and at that time that was inclusive to anyone that happened to be here when we achieved our Independence.

Now here are the facts I do not feel sorry for anyone that was injured or killed in the commission of a illegal act, and that includes all Illegal Aliens.

Anyone that is injured, killed or receives damages while in the commission of breaking the law, AKA a illegal act should not be able to pursue any legal recourse against any offending party, regardless of where they may have been at the time...Bottom line, if you are breaking the law, you are not suppose to be there, and anything that happens is your's and your fault alone, you have no legal recourse
    ... And that folks is Michigan castle law feel free to take notes.
    Last edited by Sheldon; 02-10-2009 at 01:42 PM.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Exclamation Hold your horses, Ron!

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    How is detaining tresspassers stripping anyone's civil liberties? Yes illegal immigrants are human beings and should be treated as such but they know full well what they are doing. They chose to tresspass and being detained and turned over to the authorities in no way removes any rights. Allowing them to sue the land owner does remove his right to protect his family and property though.
    Did you read my entire post, or just pick out one sentence with which to argue? You and I are in agreement.

You are right(but I was right first! )
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast