The Democrat Party - Page 49
Page 49 of 87 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: The Democrat Party

These once-secret memos cast doubt on Joe Biden's Ukraine story

Former Vice President Joe Biden, now a 2020 Democratic presidential contender, has locked into a specific story about the controversy in Ukraine.

He insists that, in spring 2016, he strong-armed Ukraine to fire its chief prosecutor solely because Biden believed that official was corrupt and inept, not because the Ukrainian was investigating a natural gas company, Burisma Holdings, that hired Biden's son, Hunter, into a lucrative job.

There’s just one problem.

Hundreds of pages of never-released memos and documents — many from inside the American team helping Burisma to stave off its legal troubles — conflict with Biden’s narrative.

And they raise the troubling prospect that U.S. officials may have painted a false picture in Ukraine that helped ease Burisma’s legal troubles and stop prosecutors’ plans to interview Hunter Biden during the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

For instance, Burisma’s American legal representatives met with Ukrainian officials just days after Biden forced the firing of the country’s chief prosecutor and offered “an apology for dissemination of false information by U.S. representatives and public figures” about the Ukrainian prosecutors, according to the Ukrainian government’s official memo of the meeting. The effort to secure that meeting began the same day the prosecutor's firing was announced.

In addition, Burisma’s American team offered to introduce Ukrainian prosecutors to Obama administration officials to make amends, according to that memo and the American legal team’s internal emails.

The memos raise troubling questions:

1.) If the Ukraine prosecutor’s firing involved only his alleged corruption and ineptitude, why did Burisma's American legal team refer to those allegations as “false information?"

2.) If the firing had nothing to do with the Burisma case, as Biden has adamantly claimed, why would Burisma’s American lawyers contact the replacement prosecutor within hours of the termination and urgently seek a meeting in Ukraine to discuss the case?

Ukrainian prosecutors say they have tried to get this information to the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) since the summer of 2018, fearing it might be evidence of possible violations of U.S. ethics laws. First, they hired a former federal prosecutor to bring the information to the U.S. attorney in New York, who, they say, showed no interest. Then, the Ukrainians reached out to President Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani.

Ukraine’s new president, Volodymyr Zelensky, told Trump in July that he plans to launch his own wide-ranging investigation into what happened with the Bidens and Burisma.

“I’m knowledgeable about the situation,” Zelensky told Trump, asking the American president to forward any evidence he might know about. "The issue of the investigation of the case is actually the issue of making sure to restore the honesty so we will take care of that and will work on the investigation of the case.”

Biden has faced scrutiny since December 2015, when the New York Times published a story noting that Burisma hired Hunter Biden just weeks after the vice president was asked by President Obama to oversee U.S.-Ukraine relations. That story also alerted Biden’s office that Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin had an active investigation of Burisma and its founder.

Documents I obtained this year detail an effort to change the narrative after the Times story about Hunter Biden, with the help of the Obama State Department.

Hunter Biden’s American business partner in Burisma, Devon Archer, texted a colleague two days after the Times story about a strategy to counter the “new wave of scrutiny” and stated that he and Hunter Biden had just met at the State Department. The text suggested there was about to be a new “USAID project the embassy is announcing with us” and that it was “perfect for us to move forward now with momentum.”

I have sued the State Department for any records related to that meeting. The reason is simple: There is both a public interest and an ethics question to knowing if Hunter Biden and his team sought State’s assistance while his father was vice president.

The controversy ignited anew earlier this year when I disclosed that Joe Biden admitted during a 2018 videotaped speech that, as vice president in March 2016, he threatened to cancel $1 billion in U.S. loan guarantees, to pressure Ukraine’s then-President Petro Poroshenko to fire Shokin.

At the time, Shokin’s office was investigating Burisma. Shokin told me he was making plans to question Hunter Biden about $3 million in fees that Biden and his partner, Archer, collected from Burisma through their American firm. Documents seized by the FBI in an unrelated case confirm the payments, which in many months totaled more than $166,000.

Some media outlets have reported that, at the time Joe Biden forced the firing in March 2016, there were no open investigations. Those reports are wrong. A British-based investigation of Burisma's owner was closed down in early 2015 on a technicality when a deadline for documents was not met. But the Ukraine Prosecutor General's office still had two open inquiries in March 2016, according to the official case file provided me. One of those cases involved taxes; the other, allegations of corruption. Burisma announced the cases against it were not closed and settled until January 2017.

After I first reported it in a column, the New York Times and ABC News published similar stories confirming my reporting.

Joe Biden has since responded that he forced Shokin’s firing over concerns about corruption and ineptitude, which he claims were widely shared by Western allies, and that it had nothing to do with the Burisma investigation.

Some of the new documents I obtained call that claim into question.

In a newly sworn affidavit prepared for a European court, Shokin testified that when he was fired in March 2016, he was told the reason was that Biden was unhappy about the Burisma investigation. “The truth is that I was forced out because I was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into Burisma Holdings, a natural gas firm active in Ukraine and Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, was a member of the Board of Directors,” Shokin testified.

“On several occasions President Poroshenko asked me to have a look at the case against Burisma and consider the possibility of winding down the investigative actions in respect of this company but I refused to close this investigation,” Shokin added.

Read More & watch video: https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/463307-solomon-these-once-secret-memos-cast-doubt-on-joe-bidens-ukraine-story?fbclid=IwAR2_l8R085wBFJpHAnAA-AtgoO2XeO7e5t5EVLCZLD2AabDPIP_908iVQr8#.XY5l4Z6637 Y.facebook

My Thoughts:

The Biden takedown.

This is big. Wow, In a newly sworn affidavit prepared for a European court, [Ukrainian Prosecutor] Shokin testified that when he was fired in March 2016, he was told the reason was that Biden was unhappy about the Burisma investigation. “The truth is that I was forced out because I was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into Burisma Holdings, a natural gas firm active in Ukraine and Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, was a member of the Board of Directors”.

I do love how the media stated that hunter made $50k for his board role.
    They don't mention its a month...they KNOW you are going to assume its a year because that's how you normally report salary.
    Yes, its $600k/year, not $50k/year.
    The Democrat Party-296w.jpg
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

The 2020 Battle Lines Now Clearly Drawn As Democrats In Congress Choose Impeachment As Their Only Means Of Stopping Trump

The Democrats in Congress sent a message this week, and no, it was not a message about the Ukraine and it wasn't even about anything that President Trump did or didn't do. The message sent by Democrats this week is "we know we cannot beat Trump in a real election, so we are going to bring impeachment as our only way of winning in 2020". And with impeachment proceedings, the Democratic Party has formally and officially declared war on the United States of America. It is the only way the can see of winning in 2020.

"For the vile person will speak villany, and his heart will work iniquity, to practise hypocrisy, and to utter error against the LORD, to make empty the soul of the hungry, and he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail. But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand." Isaiah 32:6,8 (KJV)

NTEB
    Comfort One Another With These Words Also...There Will Not Be Another Generation

Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ) on Friday introduced a motion to condemn and censure House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) for performing a fabricated conversation between President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky during his opening statement at a panel hearing Thursday morning...

“During yesterday’s hearing, Chairman Schiff’s opening statement included a blatantly false retelling of President Trump’s conversation with the Ukrainian president. Democrats previously initiated an impeachment inquiry, which leads to one of the most serious, constitutional duties of Members of Congress: removal of the President of the United States,” Biggs, a member of the House Judiciary Committee, said in a statement. “Through this process, if the President has committed high crimes or misdemeanors, Congress may overturn the election of the President and the will of the American people. It is therefore inexcusable to toy with the process and mislead the American public with such a statement.”

Although the White House released Wednesday a transcript of the Trump-Zelensky call, Schiff made-up his own transcript that he read ahead of the testimony of acting DNI chief Joseph Maguire in which he accused the president of engaging in quid pro quo with the intent of exchanging U.S. military aid to Ukraine for an investigation into Hunter Biden, the son of former Vice President and 2020 White House hopeful Joe Biden...

“We’ve been very good to your country. Very good. No other country has done as much as we have. But you know what? I don’t see much reciprocity here. I hear what you want. I have a favor I want from YOU though. And I’m going to say this only seven times so you better listen good,” said Schiff...
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

86 THINGS DEMOCRATS HAVE SAID TRUMP COULD BE IMPEACHED FOR

President Trump was only in office two weeks before a Democratic congressman called for his impeachment.

On Feb. 1, 2017, mere days after the Trump’s inauguration, Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-Texas) said the House should consider impeaching the president in the event he doesn’t abide by court orders related to his travel ban.

President Trump did end up abiding by these court orders, but that didn’t stop Democrats’ calls for impeachment. Over the ensuing months, and years, Democrats have regularly come up with reasons why they should impeach the president.

At current count, Democrats have proffered 86 different reasons for impeaching Trump.

Below you’ll see a news list we’ve cross-posted from our sister site, NewsLists.co — the original is here — which is displayed chronologically.

By far the Democrats coming up with the most reasons for impeachment are Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) and Rep. Al Green (D-Texas). At current count, Waters has produced 14 different reasons she thinks Trump’s impeachable; Green’s come up with 18.

A few of the more interesting: Rep. Green suggested impeaching Trump after his supporters chanted “send her back” in reference to Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.); Rep. Waters has said he should be impeached simply for being “despicable.”

Those, of course, are just a sampling. See below for the comprehensive list.

Read Lost: https://news.grabien.com/story-things-democrats-have-said-trump-could-be-impeached?fbclid=IwAR1QSnjjmZ0bk1WcOJctjmS1KCX3Jd4 BRv29q54vzOgxLH0_Sd4izyUi8Z8

My Thoughts:

ALL NOTHING BURGERS!! At least the rest of the AMERICAN people know that someone in Washington DC is doing his job!

With all of this hoopla calling for investigation after investigation we are actually finding out how corrupt THE DEMOCRATS ARE!!!

Trump Just Won The Entire Impeachment Argument With One Viral Video

In the days following Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's announcement that she was beginning an impeachment inquiry into the President, President Donald Trump and his 2020 re-election campaign have been on a warpath.

Not only has the Trump campaign along with the Republican Party raised an astonishing $13 million in less than three days, but they are making it increasingly clear that they are done playing games and are going to hold everyone on the Left, including former Vice President Joe Biden accountable for their actions.

On Friday afternoon, President Trump unleashed an epic video which sheds light on the Biden-Ukraine scandal where Biden, as Vice President, bribed Ukraine into firing a prosecutor who was investigating his son.

Check out this intense video below:
    https://trendingpolitics.com/must-see-trump-releases-epic-video-destroying-the-swamp/?utm_source=fanclub&utm_medium=manychat

On Tuesday, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi announced an official impeachment inquiry against President Trump based off of a second-hand politically biased whistleblower's claim that President Trump bribed Ukraine's President with military funds to start an investigation into Joe Biden for getting a Ukrainian prosecutor fired who was investigating his son.

This move by the Speaker is an obvious political hit job with the sole intention of removing our duly elected president from office.

The whistleblower claimed that President Trump set up a quid pro quo agreement regarding military aid with Ukraine and in return, Ukraine would investigate Joe Biden. Pelosi used the whistleblower's claim to begin an impeachment inquiry, however the transcript of the call which was released the next day, revealed that President Trump did not leverage military aid in any way. The Democrats started an impeachment inquiry based on lies.

The memo started with President Trump congratulating Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on his election win. Shortly after the introduction, President Trump brings up Vice President Joe Biden and how he abused his power to fire a Ukrainian prosecutor who was investigating his son.

Should Nancy Pelosi Be Removed From Office?

“There’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the attorney General would be great,” Trump said in the call. “Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it…It sounds horrible to me.”

Zelensky then suggested to President Trump that they would appoint a new prosecutor. “He or she will look into the situation specifically to the company that you mentioned in this issue, the issue of the investigation of the case is actually the issue to restore the honesty so we will take care of that and we will work on the investigation of the case.”

President Trump told Zelensky he would like his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, and Attorney General Bill Barr to be involved.

“I will have Mr. Giuliani give you call and I’m also going to have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the bottom if it. I’m sure you will figure it out,” he added.

During a meeting with President Trump in New York, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky told reporters that he felt in no way pressured by President Trump to investigate Joe Biden.

“Nobody pushed me,” Zelensky said on Wednesday.

“We had a great phone call,” Zelensky added. “It was normal.”

Trump later added: “In other words, there was no pressure and you know there was no pressure.”

My Thoughts:

It’s really hard not to see what Biden did to bribe the Ukraine President with our tax money to fire and keep the AG from investigating Biden’s son.

STOP the Coup Against Trump! NEW Lawsuit on Biden/Ukraine Scandal, NEW FBI-DOJ Coup Docs, & MORE
    https://youtu.be/qFKK4VFZSOM

Unearthed Documents Reveal Details that Contradict What Biden Said About His Dealings in Ukraine

John Solomon, an executive president at The Hill, called into question the version of events that former Vice President Joe Biden has been repeating regarding his interactions with Ukraine while he was vice president.

Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, was paid $50,000 a month to sit on the board of Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian natural gas firm. Biden would later openly admit that while he was vice president he had asked the then-president of Ukraine to fire an allegedly corrupt prosecutor general. This prosecutor happened to be investigating Burisma. This prosecutor was fired.

The replacement prosecutor shut down an investigation into Burisma within a year of taking over.

A whistleblower’s complaint revealed that in July, President Donald Trump had asked the current president of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky, to help Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani investigate the Bidens’ dealings in Ukraine. Trump has insisted that the was nothing wrong with his question, pointing to the fact that there was no quid pro quo offered during this conversation for this request.

What has Biden said?

While Biden has admitted that he urged then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko to fire Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin, but that it had nothing to do with his son or Burisma Holdings.

In response to questions about whether his foreign policy benefited his son, Biden insisted that he had “never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings” and said that reporters “should be looking at Trump” instead.

But Hunter Biden admitted in a New Yorker article from July that his father had discussed his role at Burisma on at least one occasion, telling Hunter, “I hope you know what you’re doing.” That article also noted that members of the Obama administration were uneasy about Hunter Biden’s role in Burisma, fearing that it could end up “potentially undermining his father’s message.”

What happened now?

Writing in the Hill, Solomon said that through years of reporting on this topic, he had come across a number of details that ran contrary to what Joe Biden had said.

Through interviews and reviewing documents, Solomon said, he found proof that lawyers for Burisma had approached the Ukrainian government shortly after Shokin’s firing to apologize “for dissemination of false information by U.S. representatives and public figures.”

Solomon also pointed to a 2015 New York Times story, which noted that Burisma hired Hunter Biden less than a month after former-President Barack Obama appointed Joe Biden to be in charge of the United States’ relationship with Ukraine.

During an interview on Friday, Solomon told Glenn Beck that “at that moment he was fired” Shokin “was making plans to interview Hunter Biden.” Solomon stressed that this in itself “doesn’t mean Hunter Biden did anything wrong, but he was about to interview Hunter Biden in the middle of the 2016 election. That would have been a big story.”

Solomon said that Shokin had personally told him that he believed he was fired for continuing to look into Burisma despite Biden’s request for him to end the investigation.

Read More: https://conservativefighters.org/news/unearthed-documents-reveal-details-that-contradict-what-biden-said-about-his-dealings-in-ukraine/

My Thoughts;

The further we go along, the more we're finding out who were the real cooks in this Ukraine fiasco.

State Dept. questions more than 100 former Clinton aides about emails

Investigators have spoken to as many as 130 people in recent weeks, including senior officials who reported directly to Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state, as well as others whose emails were at some point relayed to her inbox, according to current and former officials.

Read More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/

Ocasio-Cortez Complains That Other Democrats Don't Want Her in Congress

Radical celebrity Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) has complained that she feels unwanted by her fellow Democrats in Congress.

While extremely popular on social media, AOC bemoans that other Dem lawmakers don't share the same enthusiasm for her socialist policies as her Twitter fans. And for Ocasio-Cortez, that lack of popularity should be of concern as she will have to get through a primary challenger if she wants to hold on to her seat in 2020.

Badrun Khan, a Democrat activist, is challenging Ocasio-Cortez for the Democratic nomination to represent New York’s 14th district. In an apparent jab at the socialist poster child, Khan states on her website that she’ll provide “REAL Results… Not Empty Promises.”

When asked about Khan’s challenge, Ocasio-Cortez said: “I just focus on delivering for my district and doing the best job.

I try not to focus too much on other folks in the field,” according to The Hill According to the Daily Caller, Ocasio-Cortez says she has clashed with the establishment of the Democratic Party, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, in a new profile published Wednesday in the New York Times. “In many ways, I feel like I walk around with a scarlet letter because many members who just have any primary, whether I know about it or not, tend to project that onto me,” she told the Times.

”She also said that she felt a “loss of innocence and naïveté” since spending more time in Washington, D.C. The New York Democrat came into Congress early this year with ambition, quickly introducing her ambitious Green New Deal plan.

READ MORE: https://neonnettle.com/news/8860-ocasio-cortez-complains-that-other-democrats-don-t-want-her-in-congress

My Thoughts;

She gives them an even worse name if that is possible, here she is an ignorant chippie coming in trying to take over, no wonder they don't want her around, THAT IS THE ONE THING WE TOTALLY AGREE ON, THEY WANT HER GONE AND WE WANT HER ALL OF THE BOTTOM-FEEDING SCUM GONE

Page 49 of 87 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast