The Democrat Party - Page 54
Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: The Democrat Party

Wall Street Democratic donors warn the party: We’ll sit out, or back Trump, if you nominate Elizabeth Warren

Democratic donors on Wall Street and in big business are preparing to sit out the presidential campaign fundraising cycle — or even back President Donald Trump — if Sen. Elizabeth Warren wins the party’s nomination.

In recent weeks, CNBC spoke to several high-dollar Democratic donors and fundraisers in the business community and found that this opinion was becoming widely shared as Warren, an outspoken critic of big banks and corporations, gains momentum against Joe Biden in the 2020 race.

“You’re in a box because you’re a Democrat and you’re thinking, ‘I want to help the party, but she’s going to hurt me, so I’m going to help President Trump,’” said a senior private equity executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity in fear of retribution by party leaders. The executive said this Wednesday, a day after Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced that the House would begin a formal impeachment inquiry into Trump.

A spokeswoman for Warren declined to comment. She tweeted her response to CNBC’s report later Thursday.

During the campaign, Warren has put out multiple plans intended to curb the influence of Wall Street, including a wealth tax. In July, she released a proposal that would make private equity firms responsible for debts and pension obligations of companies they buy. Trump, meanwhile, has given wealthy business leaders a helping hand with a major corporate tax cut and by eliminating regulations.

Warren has sworn off taking part in big money fundraisers for the 2020 presidential primary. She has also promised to not take donations from special interest groups. She finished raising at least $19 million in the second quarter mainly through small-dollar donors. The third quarter ends Monday.

Trump, has been raising hundreds of millions of dollars, putting any eventual 2020 rival in a bind as about 20 Democrats vie for their party’s nomination.

Trump’s campaign and the Republican National Committee have raised over $100 million in the second quarter. A large portion of that haul came from wealthy donors who gave to their joint fundraising committee, Trump Victory. In August, the RNC raised just over $23 million and has $53 million on hand.

The Democratic National Committee have struggled to keep up. The DNC finished August bringing in $7.9 million and has $7.2 million in debt.

Biden, who has courted and garnered the support of various wealthy donors, has started to lag in some polls. The latest Quinnipiac poll has Warren virtually tied with the former vice president. Biden was one of three contenders that saw an influx of contributions from those on Wall Street in the second quarter.

The business community’s unease about Warren’s candidacy has surged in tandem with her campaign’s momentum. CNBC’s Jim Cramer said earlier this month that he’s heard from Wall Street executives that they believe Warren has “got to be stopped.” Warren later tweeted her response to Cramer’s report: “I’m Elizabeth Warren and I approve this message.”

Some big bank executives and hedge fund managers have been stunned by Warren’s ascent, and they are primed to resist her.

“They will not support her. It would be like shutting down their industry,” an executive at one of the nation’s largest banks told CNBC, also speaking on condition of anonymity. This person said Warren’s policies could be worse for Wall Street than those of President Barack Obama, who signed the Dodd-Frank bank regulation bill in the wake of the 2008 financial meltdown.

Read More: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/26/wall-street-democratic-donors-may-back-trump-if-warren-is-nominated.html?__source=sharebar|facebook&par=shar ebar&fbclid=IwAR0dcypm-oZwI7oJt6Xk-hkJygaoRAM80Is8ewnWeyoQ-v1V54rbX-BR3YA

My thoughts:

Considering how she’s against a lot of these Wall Street businesses, I don’t blame them to fight against her.

CLINT EASTWOOD HAS HAD ENOUGH..GOES OFF ON LIBERALS

ACTOR CLINT EASTWOOD IS KNOWN AMONG FANS AND HOLLYWOOD INSIDERS AS A CONSERVATIVE AND NOT YOUR TYPICAL LIBERAL HOLLYWOOD TYPE.

ON A NUMBER OF OCCASIONS, HE HAS OPENLY ESPOUSED HIS CONSERVATIVE VIEWS, SPOKEN AT NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION EVENTS, AND MORE RECENTLY, ENDORSED THE CANDIDATE DONALD TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

During the 2016 Presidential campaign Clint Eastwood endorsed President Trump and stated that many people in our current generation are too soft and easily offended. “Trump is on to something because secretly everybody’s getting tired of political correctness, kissing up. That’s the kiss-ass generation we’re in right now. We’re really in a p***y generation. Everybody’s walking on eggshells. We see people accusing people of being racist and all kinds of stuff.”

Clint Eastwood has expressed his displeasure with Hillary Clinton and the liberal machine which is in stark contrast to the views of the liberal mafia in Hollywood. During his over 60-year career as an actor, director, and producer, Clint Eastwood is one of the few open conservatives in Hollywood who is still employed and successful. Many attribute this to his no-nonsense attitude and determination to get the job done.

The movies that Clint Eastwood has done also serve as a barometer for his political views. When the movie “Dirty Harry” first came out, it shocked liberals in the 1970’s, and many described the film as fascist. Fast forward to the 2000’s and Dirty Harry is considered an iconic film with liberals too busy being offended by other things.

Clint Eastwood claims he has never voted for a Democrat for President, and he has even himself held political office in various local positions. Despite his contrary views to liberals in Hollywood, he has managed to successfully work with all sorts of liberal actors and accesses making some rather amazing movies. “Bridges of Madison County”, starring Meryl Streep is a perfect example. Meryl Streep is as liberal as they come in Hollywood, and upon finding out that her boss Clint Eastwood was voting for Donald Trump, she said, “I’ll have to correct that.” Some might laugh off this comment, but this is how liberals think. They claim to be all knowing and all tolerant, but at the end of the day, the current liberal base is fascist, racist, and violent all in one.

If there is any doubt about the strangle-hold that liberals now have on Hollywood, speaking with Gerald Molen, a conservative producer in Hollywood will clear that up. Speaking about the Academy Awards, Hollywood, and conservatives, David Ng from the LA Times reported of Gerald Molen, “In the ’90s, it was never really an issue that I had to hide. I was always forthright,” recalled the producer, whose credits include “Schindler’s List” and two “Jurassic Park” movies. “It used to be we could have a conversation with two opposing points of view and it would be amiable. At the end, we still walked away and had lunch together.”

Conservatives now have to hide in Hollywood unless they are a big name like Clint Eastwood or Gerald Molen. Conservatives in Hollywood have to be secretive with their politics, especially if they are starting out. For a new actor who comes out as a conservative, this is considered a death sentence for their career. The candidacy and election of Donald Trump as the 45th President of the United States has highlighted the liberal strangle-hold on Hollywood, which is interesting when you consider these liberal Hollywood elites run the show like a well oiled capitalistic machine.

Conservatives who have come out have had their careers affected adversely by simply subscribing to a different set of political beliefs. “I feel absolutely it has harmed me professionally,” said Andrew Klavan, the L.A.-based screenwriter and novelist, and a “reluctant” Trump supporter. His credits include the 1990 Michael Caine dark comedy “A Shock to the System” and the novel “True Crime,” which was made into a movie directed by Clint Eastwood”.

Moving forward, liberal Hollywood’s control of the entertainment industry will deteriorate as Americans stop going to movies and stop supporting an industry which flies in the face of traditional American values.

Read More: https://threepercenternation.com/2019/10/epic-clint-eastwood-has-had-enough-goes-off-on-liberals-2/

My Thoughts:

Let's hear it for Clint, make my day......

NEW YORK REP. ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ HAD A TEMPER TANTRUM AFTER THE NEW YORK POST OUTED HER AS A HYPOCRITE.

IN A SCATHING STORY THIS WEEKEND THE POST SHOWED HOW THE 29-YEAR-OLD GOES AGAINST EVERYTHING SHE PREACHES.

“WE’RE LIKE, ‘THE WORLD IS GOING TO END IN 12 YEARS IF WE DON’T ADDRESS CLIMATE CHANGE,’” CORTEZ SAID IN JANUARY, THE POST REPORTED.

“And, like, this is the war; this is our World War II,” she said, talking more like a teenager than a Congresswoman.

“It is basically a scientific consensus that the lives of our children are going to be very difficult” she said last week.

“And it does lead young people to have a legitimate question: is it OK to still have children?” she said.

And her Green New Deal insists that we need to “totally overhaul transportation by massively expanding electric vehicle manufacturing, build charging stations everywhere, build out high-speed rail … create affordable public transit available to all, with goal to replace every combustion-engine vehicle,” The Post reported.

But the woman who boasts of a “razor-sharp BS detector” seems to have trouble sniffing out her own.

Since declaring her candidacy in May 2017, Ocasio-Cortez’s campaign heavily relied on those combustible-engine cars — even though a subway station was just 138 feet from her Elmhurst campaign office.

She listed 1,049 transactions for Uber, Lyft, Juno and other car services, federal filings show. The campaign had 505 Uber expenses alone.

In all, Ocasio-Cortez spent $29,365.70 on those emissions-spewing vehicles, along with car and van rentals — even though her Queens HQ was a one-minute walk to the 7 train.

The campaign shelled out only $8,335.41 on 52 MetroCard transactions…

… Her campaign embraced the friendly skies, logging 66 airline transactions costing $25,174.54 during campaign season.

The Democratic firebrand or her staff took Amtrak far less — only 18 times — despite high-speed rail being the cornerstone of her save-the-world strategy.

Most of the flights came after her primary win gave her superstar status and Ocasio-Cortez spent weeks jetting around the country, burning fuel to support her fellow Dems.

That despite her ultimate goal of building “high-speed rail at a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary” — part of her Green New Deal mentioned in a FAQ she posted to her official website. She later called the air travel reference a mistake. The resolution now before Congress doesn’t mention air travel.

She did not like the expose, which delved deeper into her hypocrisy and is a good read, and she did what she does best.

She lashed out on Twitter at The Post and its story exposing her as the fraud that she is.

“I also fly & use A/C

“Living in the world as it is isn’t an argument against working towards a better future.

“The Green New Deal is about putting a LOT of people to work in developing new technologies, building new infrastructure, and getting us to 100% renewable energy,” she said.

Read More: https://threepercenternation.com/2019/09/aoc-has-massive-meltdown-after-new-york-post-exposes-her-as-the-big-fraud-she-is-3/

My Thoughts:

She is a fraud, it's good for me but not for thee.

THANKS NANCY! Trump Campaign Announces Earth-Shattering 3rd Quarter Fundraising Numbers

While the Democrats are trying to impeach our duly elected President, President Trump's campaign along with the Republican National Committee (RNC) are busy raising records amounts of cash... $125 million that is in quarter 3 alone.

On Tuesday, the Trump campaign announced that they have raised over $309 million in 2019 along with more than $156 million in the bank ahead of the 2020 election. To put this record breaking amount of money in perspective, during the same point in 2011 before former President Barack Obama's re-election, the Obama campaign and DNC had raised just over $70 million, a pretty large amount at the time but not even close to where President Trump is at.

While the Democrats are trying to impeach our duly elected President, President Trump's campaign along with the Republican National Committee (RNC) are busy raising records amounts of cash... $125 million that is in quarter 3 alone.

On Tuesday, the Trump campaign announced that they have raised over $309 million in 2019 along with more than $156 million in the bank ahead of the 2020 election. To put this record breaking amount of money in perspective, during the same point in 2011 before former President Barack Obama's re-election, the Obama campaign and DNC had raised just over $70 million, a pretty large amount at the time but not even close to where President Trump is at.

“President Trump has built a juggernaut of a campaign, raising record amounts of money at a record pace,” Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale said.

RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel also noted that the Democrat's recent attacks on President Trump are a big reason why the President is raising so much money.

“We are investing millions on the airwaves and on the ground to hold House Democrats accountable, highlight their obstruction, and take back the House and reelect President Trump in 2020,” she said.

Check out how President Trump's numbers compare to those of Democratic candidates:

The big picture: Sen. Bernie Sanders thus far leads all 2020 Democrats in Q3 fundraising, though only a few have publicly released their totals.
    Sen. Bernie Sanders: $25.3 million
    Mayor Pete Buttigieg: $19.1 million
    Sen. Kamala Harris: $11.6 million
    Sen. Cory Booker: $6 million.
    In just the two days following Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's announcement that she was beginning an impeachment inquiry into President Trump, the Trump campaign and the Republican Party raised a whopping $13 million.

“President Trump’s reelection campaign and the GOP have raised $13 million since Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announced Tuesday that House Democrats would launch a formal impeachment inquiry into Trump amid scrutiny over his interactions with Ukraine,” The Hill reports.

Read More: https://trendingpolitics.com/thanks-nancy-trump-campaign-announces-earth-shattering-3rd-quarter-fundraising-numbers/?utm_source=fanclub&utm_medium=manychat

My Thoughts:

As Nancy’s impeachment BS goes on, the fundraising for Trump will only increase.

So the democrats in the intelligence committee have barred republicans on that committee from asking questions of the former Ukrainian ambassador today behind closed doors.
    How this is legal I have no idea.
    My questions to my democrat supporting friends are, how do you support these kind of antics?
    How is this fair and balanced?
    Where are the checks and balances now?
    Would you be ok with this if it was Republicans questioning James Comey about Hillary Clinton?
    I mean hey at least then Adam Schiff wouldn't have been able to constantly leak to the press every 10 minutes...
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Democrats have literally been busted trying to "manufacture a crisis". Ironic huh?

Schifty Schiff’s Shifting Story

It seems as if Congressman Schiff has fabricated so many stories that he cannot remember his part of the newest script.

On Thursday, MSNBC reporter Sam Stein gave us the new excuse Congressman Adam Schiff is using to explain his inability to correctly remember his part of the fabricated “whistleblower” story.

After it was revealed that Congressman Schiff, and his office, were in contact with the “whistleblower” before he had filled out his report of presidential “misconduct” the media immediately ran to his defense.

Still, the most troubling excuse for Shifty Schiff’s lie to the American people is that he thought he was talking to a different whistleblower. Mr. Stein says that Congressman Schiff told him, “there wasn’t 100 percent certainty that the whistleblower who approached his staff was the same one who is behind the actual complaint. There’s a suspicion, it was, but it wasn’t 100 percent certainty.”

This is not a believable excuse from someone who just fabricated a call transcript in front of the entire world being televised from the House of Representatives.

Still, if you do buy this excuse it raises another more troubling question. Just how many “whistleblowers” is Schiffty Schiff and his congressional staff colluding with? If congressman Schiff wants truthful information about the President, he should not be influencing possible “witnesses” before their stories can be told without being influenced by him, an extremely biased party who has a problem with telling the truth.

Congressman Schiff talked to the “whistleblower” before the complaint was issued. He fabricated the call transcript and later said it was a parody. It has been publicly reported that he privately met with the son of a deceased Deutsche bank executive who had documents on the President’s finances who he later subpoenaed to obtain the documents. Finally, he is recorded on tape trying to acquire Russian dirt on President Trump which he believed to include naked pictures of the President.

It seems as if Congressman Schiff has fabricated so many stories that he cannot remember his part of the newest script. The American people will have to keep a close eye on what shady actions Schifty Schiff does next.

Read More: https://thegreggjarrett.com/schifty-schiffs-shifting-story/

My Thoughts:

Ever since Trump become President, Schifty Schiff has leaked and lied so many times it’s hard to listen to him.

And remember during the Muller investigation he said over and over again that he had solid proof that he had evidence on Trump, but when asked to prove it, he would switch subjects and not answer the questions.

The latest Gallup poll shows that only 13% trust the MSM, CNN & MSNBC and that's equal to when it comes to the people in the Congress.
    I’d like to see the political breakdown of that 13%.

White House May Refuse Cooperation Unless Pelosi Calls A Vote On Impeachment

The White House is expected to issue a formal letter Friday to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, demanding that she go on the record with a floor vote to proceed with an impeachment inquiry.

According to Fox News congressional reporter, Chad Pergram, the White House plans to send out a letter saying that, unless there is an official vote in the House, the administration is under no obligation to comply with demands from Congress pursuant to the impeachment inquiry Pelosi declared last week.

The letter is expected to mirror the calls issued Thursday by House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, who sent Pelosi a letter asking that she suspend the impeachment process until she set “transparent and equitable rules and procedures” by which to move forward. (RELATED: House Democrats Reach Major Milestone In Impeachment Push)

“Unfortunately, you have given no clear indication as to how your impeachment inquiry will proceed — including whether key historical precedents or basic standards of due process will be observed,” McCarthy’s letter read.

McCarthy also voiced concern that Republicans were being already being excluded from interviews, raising questions about the process. “In addition, the swiftness and recklessness with which you have proceeded has already resulted in committee chairs attempting to limit minority participation in scheduled interviews, calling into question the integrity of such an inquiry,” he added.

The letter will also echo the sentiment of Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who accused House Democrats of attempting to “bully” the State Department officials by demanding that they appear on short notice without providing official subpoenas or allowing them adequate time to prepare. Tags : Donald trump impeachment Nancy Pelosi white house.

Read More: https://theusawire.com/2019/10/13687-white-house-may-refuse-cooperation-unless-pelosi-calls-a-vote-on-impeachment/

My Thoughts:

The thing that a lot of people don’t know is, unless they take an impeachment vote in the house, the Republicans don’t have the availability to bring anything to the proceedings as they are now currently. But that would change if they take a formal impeachment vote in the house.

Because they failed to teach government in high school no one realizes that the speaker of the house can't initiate an impeachment inquiry without a vote in the full house.
    The house claims that they have issued subpoenas for members of the Trump administration. Not true. They sent them letters. Letters aren't subject to legal scrutiny. Subpoenas are.
    It's all smoke and mirrors. Wake up people.

Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast