The Democrat Party - Page 63
Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: The Democrat Party

Retirement savings could be taxed under Warren wealth tax plans: Economist

Oct. 01, 2019 - 3:02 - Heritage Foundation’s Romina Boccia discusses 2020 Democrats potentially taxing pensions and retirement savings as part of their wealth tax plans.

Read More & watch video: https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6090911547001/?fbclid=IwAR2M9z0zBqIGQT5ixgWhtD809LNl7Y7mk-SFFhdCbcYJdACG-eTetVs-L3Q#sp=show-clips

My Thoughts:

Anybody that would vote for her after seeing this should have their head examined. Plus, whenever she's asked about who's going to pay for her Medicare for all plan, she refuses to answer the question. The figures are that the middle class would be hit with a $10,000 tax each year.

Impeachment Witness Tells Congress He Warned About Biden-Ukraine Problem In 2015, Got Shut Down By Biden’s Office

In a newly reported development that further complicates the Democrats’ Ukraine corruption investigation, a State Department witness told congressional investigators this week that in early 2015 he warned about the problematic optics of the vice president’s son, Hunter Biden, serving on the board of a Ukrainian energy company while his father was tasked with overseeing Ukraine-U.S. relations.

The career State Department official told investigators his warning was rebuffed by Biden’s office. Months later, Biden would pressure the Ukraine — by withholding a billion dollars in aid — to fire the prosecutor who had looked into the company employing Hunter.

Citing sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity, The Washington Post reported Friday that George Kent, a deputy assistant secretary of state and career State Department official, “testified Tuesday that he worried that Hunter Biden’s position at the firm Burisma Holdings would complicate efforts by U.S. diplomats to convey to Ukrainian officials the importance of avoiding conflicts of interest.”

The sources told the Post that Kent “had concerns that Ukrainian officials would view Hunter Biden as a conduit for currying influence with his father, said the people.”

Kent reportedly told congressional investigators that Biden’s office dismissed his warning about the potentially problematic situation by saying the vice president did not have the “bandwidth” to address the Hunter-Burisma question because he was dealing with his other son, Beau, battling cancer.

“Kent, who also testified about how Trump’s associates raised unfounded allegations about the former ambassador to Ukraine, is the first known example of a career diplomat who raised concerns internally in the Obama administration about Hunter Biden’s board position,” the Post reports, noting that the paper “has previously reported that there had been discussions among Biden’s advisers about whether his son’s Ukraine work would be perceived as a conflict of interest, and that one former adviser had been concerned enough to mention it to Biden, though the conversation was brief.”

The Post also stresses that Kent’s testimony demonstrates that the Democrats’ impeachment inquiry has the potential to dig up information related to the Bidens that could undermine the Democratic presidential candidate, who is still the party frontrunner, according to multiple polls.

The Post goes on to acknowledge that Trump is not the only one who has raised allegations about the Bidens and Ukraine, as the Democratic frontrunner has “faced questions about why he didn’t anticipate concerns about potential conflicts of interest as he took a leading role in carrying out U.S. policy toward Ukraine.”

A former senior Biden national security aide told the Post that while the former Vice President was dealing with Beau’s ultimately fatal bout with cancer at the time, it had a “minimal impact on his work,” the Post reports.

Hunter Biden addressed his work in Ukraine in an interview this week with ABC News, and while he insisted that he did nothing “improper,” admitted that, “in retrospect,” some of his business dealings while his father was Vice President were a “mistake.”

“In retrospect, look, I think that it was poor judgment on my part,” he told ABC News’ Amy Robach in an interview released Tuesday. “Is that I think that it was poor judgment because I don’t believe now, when I look back on it — I know that there was — did nothing wrong at all. However, was it poor judgment to be in the middle of something that is … a swamp in — in — in many ways? Yeah. … I gave a hook to some very unethical people to act in illegal ways to try to do some harm to my father. That’s where I made the mistake. So I take full responsibility for that.”

Hunter also admitted that he “probably” would not have gotten some of the high-paying jobs he enjoyed if his father weren’t the vice president.

The Democrats’ impeachment inquiry was sparked by a whistleblower report on Trump’s July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in which Trump asked his Ukrainian counterpart to “look into” the alleged Biden-Burisma scandal.

“There’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution, and a lot of people want to find out about that,” said Trump. “So whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution, so if you can look into it… It sounds horrible to me.”

Read more: https://conservativefighters.org/news/impeachment-witness-tells-congress-he-warned-about-biden-ukraine-problem-in-2015-got-shut-down-by-bidens-office/

My Thoughts:

Looks like every day we’re hearing more and more info on the various criminal actions done by the Biden’s.

Nancy Pelosi has been voting petitioning and everything for many many years to keep our troops out of Harm's Way to not be in other Wars.
    But as soon as Donald Trump does that she's totally against it.
    Think about that........
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Nancy Pelosi has been voting petitioning and everything for many many years to keep our troops out of Harm's Way to not be in other Wars.
    But as soon as Donald Trump does that she's totally against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Yea, tell everyone something that wasn't known already.
    COMFORT ONE ANOTHER WITH THESE WORDS ALSO...THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER GENERATION
    ~ The Fig Tree Prophecy -1948 -2028 ~

Senate Impeachment Trial Will Destroy These 6 Presidential Campaigns

Vice President Biden’s campaign is going through a tough time. With the President highlighting his son’s questionable business dealings, as well as news that he has less cash on hand compared to the other major candidates, his campaign is in desperate need of help.

One thing that could help him immensely is if the Democrats move forward and vote on impeachment. If the House passes impeachment articles and the trial goes to the Senate, all the senators have to be present for the trial. The jurors for the impeachment trial are the senators, six of whom are currently running in the Democratic primary for president.

This means that Vice President Biden’s biggest opponents would be obligated to leave the campaign trail for the duration of the Senate trial. Senator Warren, Senator Sanders, Senator Klobuchar, Senator Harris, Senator Booker, and Senator Bennet all would be limited to campaign in areas very close to Washington DC.

This means that all their campaigns will lose ground in the primary states of Iowa, New Hampshire, and North Carolina. Depending on the timing of the start of the impeachment trial, it could even affect the 14 states that have primaries on March third.

The obvious benefactor to this occurring is Vice President Joe Biden, but there is also another, Mayor Pete Buttigieg. With five out of the top ten candidates (Warren, Sanders, Klobuchar, Harris, and Booker) being removed from campaigning in these important states, an impeachment trial could throw the Democratic primary into complete chaos.

To have a real chance at winning in these states, all five of these senators will have to spend a lot of money on flying, advertisements, and lose a lot of sleep. Only time will tell if any of these senators have the stamina required to be competitive during this crucial time for their campaigns.

Read More: https://thegreggjarrett.com/senate-impeachment-trial-destroy-6-presidential-campaigns/

My thoughts:

Don’t those presidential candidates who are sitting in on an impeachment trial have a conflict of interest?

1) They want the job that Trump has.

2) They have done on record saying he needs to be removed… before seeing the evidence.

I would think that a judge or juror would be forced to recuse themselves or not be included in a jury. Just wondering

‘We Should Have Faith’: Beto Tells Eric Bolling that Criminals Will ‘Do the Right Thing’ and Turn in Their Guns

Following the fourth Democratic debate in Westerville, Ohio, BlazeTV’s Eric Bolling questioned candidates Beto O’Rourke and Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) about their support for a gun confiscation policy, and asked billionaire presidential candidate Tom Steyer why he thinks the economy isn’t thriving under President Donald Trump.

“Congressman, can you please clarify how you will get the ARs and AKs back,” Bolling asked O’Rourke.

“I expect our fellow Americans to follow the law. If you own and AR-15, if you own an AK-47, and it is no longer legal to own that, I expect you to turn it in,” O’Rourke said.

Asked if he thinks “bad guys” are likely to follow the law, O’Rourke answered, “I think we should have faith in our fellow Americans, gun-owners and non-gun-owners alike, including the owners of AR-15s and AK-47s, to do the right thing.”

Sen. Booker said America needs to “have the courage” to implement new background-check and gun-licensing policies in order to combat the “fear [that] is saturating our society.”

Steyer, who has promised to take on climate change and save the planet if he wins in 2020, claimed corporate greed is the cause of income inequality in America.

“Everybody in this country knows this government has been bought,” he said. “And the best way to beat Trump is to talk about the economy and take him down. He’s rotten on the economy.”

Watch the video below for more details:
    https://conservativefighters.org/news/we-should-have-faith-beto-tells-eric-bolling-that-criminals-will-do-the-right-thing-and-turn-in-their-guns/

My Thoughts;

Beto is even stupider than he looks, if he thinks the criminals would give up their guns.

Hunter Biden Served as ‘Ceremonial Figure’ on Burisma Board for $80,000 Per Month

Mykola Zlochevsky, the Kremlin’s former minister of natural resources and the founder of Burisma Holdings, reportedly hired Hunter Biden “as a helpful non-executive director with a powerful name,” according to a Friday Reuters report.

Oleksandr Onyshchenko, a Ukrainian businessman and former politician who knows Zlochevsky says Burisma’s founder hired Biden in 2014 “to protect [the company]” in the face of potential prosecution. Zlochevsky was investigated for tax violations, money-laundering, and corruption and initially cleared of any wrongdoing. Earlier this month, Ukraine’s Prosecutor General Ruslan Ryaboshapka told reporters that 15 cases involving Zlochevsky were being reviewed.

According to sources, Hunter Biden never visited Ukraine, but participated regularly in biannual board meetings, all of which were held outside Ukraine. Sources also said Biden was appointed during a time when Burisma was seeking foreign investment, a process which Biden helped by finding lawyers for the potential deal, which ultimately broke down when war broke out in east Ukraine. “He was a ceremonial figure,” a source said.

Reuters reviewed payment records allegedly from Burisma which show $3.4 million in payments to a company headed by Biden’s business partner, Devon Archer, called Rosemont Seneca Bohai LLC, between April 2014 and November 2015.

Every month during that 18-month period, the records show two payments of $83,333 for “consulting services,” which sources say were intended for Archer and Biden. One of the sources also said that in their investigations of Burisma, prosecutors obtained payment records which showed activities prior to when Archer and Biden were appointed to the board.

Read More: https://www.nationalreview.com/news/hunter-biden-served-as-ceremonial-figure-on-burisma-board-for-80000-per-month/

My Thoughts:

Must be nice being the son of the Vice President to receive this much money for doing nothing.

Both of the Biden's need to be investigated for possible illegal actions, Joe for bribing the President of Ukraine and Hunter for using his father’s VP position to game the system.

Democrats Say Their Newest Witness is the Most Important … Again

Unfortunately for the Democrats and the media, Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, has already testified to the House committee.

Democrats, and the media, are calling Bill Taylor, the current top official at the US Ukrainian Embassy, the most important witness in their effort to impeach President Trump. They are claiming this before he has testified to members of the house, not knowing what he will testify to. Ironically, they have made the claim that every witness they have called against the President is “the most important witness”.

They claimed that Michael Flynn, George Papadopoulos, Stormy Daniels, Paul Manafort, Michael Cohen, “whistleblower” #1, “whistleblower” #2, Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch, Ambassador Kurt Volker, and others all had the evidence to bring down President Trump. After all of their previous “most important” witnesses failed to produce anything criminal or impeachable on the President, they are now claiming Mr. Taylor is the most important.

All their hopes of Mr. Taylor being the perfect witness to bring down the President hinges on a pair of text messages between Mr. Taylor and Mr. Sondland:

Taylor: “As I said on the phone, I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.”

Sondland: “Bill, I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quo’s of any kind.”

Unfortunately for the Democrats and the media, Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, has already testified to the House committee.

That testimony ended the same way as all the others, with Democrats and Republicans claiming victory, and with no new evidence of any crime being committed.

Read More: https://thegreggjarrett.com/democrats-say-their-newest-witness-is-the-most-important-again/

My Thoughts:

Unfortunately I think those who live in a bubble run out of air. Always pointing at Trump and we supporters. But keep pointing. Ever finger pointed seems to be turned around right back at THEM. Unconstitutional sneaky secret trail to remove the man America voted for. No right to do. And if they actually think there WON'T be a price for their actions they are truly insane.

Democrats Compared Clinton’s Impeachment To Lynching, Now Say Trump’s Racist For Doing The Same.

Democrats compared President Bill Clinton’s impeachment trial to a lynching as they debated whether to impeach him in 1998.

President Donald Trump similarly compared the impeachment inquiry he’s facing to a lynching, and Democrats quickly condemned his comment as racist.

“It makes you no better than those who burn crosses. It makes you no better than those who wear hoods and white robes,” Democratic Texas Rep. Al Green said Tuesday.

In December 1998, congressional representatives debated whether or not to impeach a president for the first time since the House voted to impeach President Andrew Johnson on Feb. 24, 1868, according to The New York Times. Multiple representatives compared Clinton’s impeachment to a lynching, and several others condemned it as a Republican attempt to remove Clinton from office.

Democratic Illinois Rep. Danny K. Davis condemned the impeachment trial as “a lynching,” and former Democratic Rhode Island Rep. Patrick J. Kennedy called it “a political lynching.”

Former Democratic Michigan Rep. John Conyers Jr. said that he was seeing a “Republican coup d’etat” — a phrase that Democratic Reps. Jerrold Nadler of New York and Maxine Waters of California both used as well.

“Impeachment was designed to rid this nation of traitors and tyrants, not attempts to cover up an extramarital affair,” Conyers added in 1998.

Republicans want to “decapitate their Commander in Chief,” former Democratic Missouri Rep. Ike Skelton said, and former Democratic New Jersey Rep. Steven R. Rothman bemoaned the “Republican juggernaut, driven by the right-wing.”

Trump compared the Democrats’ impeachment probe to “lynching” in a Tuesday tweet, saying, “All Republicans must remember what they are witnessing here – a lynching. But we will WIN!”

So some day, if a Democrat becomes President and the Republicans win the House, even by a tiny margin, they can impeach the President, without due process or fairness or any legal rights. All Republicans must remember what they are witnessing here – a lynching. But we will WIN!

Democrats met the president’s comments with derision.

“How dare the president compare lynching to impeachment. How dare he do this,” Green said on the House floor Tuesday. “Does he not know the history of lynching in this country? Does he not know that thousands of African Americans were lynched? Mob violence. Does he not know this is the equivalent of murder? How dare the president compare a lawful constitutional process to mob violence and lynching.”

“You are comparing a constitutional process to the PREVALENT and SYSTEMATIC brutal torture of people in THIS COUNTRY that looked like me?” tweeted Democratic California Rep. Karen Bass, chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus.

“Lord give me the strength to not take the bait but hold this man accountable for every single thing he says and does,” tweeted Democratic Massachusetts Rep. Ayanna Pressley.

“I resent it tremendously,” Democratic House Majority Whip James E. Clyburn of South Carolina, who is black, told The Washington Post. “I think that what we see here once again is this president attempting to change the narrative by using what I consider to be real caustic terms in order to change the conversation. To compare the constitutional process to something like lynching is far beneath the office of president of the United States.”

“A lynching?!” tweeted President and Executive Director of the Lawyers’ Committee for the Civil Rights Under Law Kristen Clarke. “4,743 people were lynched in the US between 1882 — 1968, incl. 3,446 African Americans. Lynchings were crimes against humanity and an ugly part of our nation’s history of racial violence and brutality.”

“Sickened to see Trump’s gross misappropriation of this term today,” she added.

Trump also told Fox News’s Sean Hannity Monday night that the Democratic impeachment inquiry is focused only on politics, explaining to Hannity examples where former President Barack Obama was involved in scandals that could have gotten Obama impeached. (RELATED: Clinton, Bloomberg, Kerry, Holder … Major Dem Donors Wonder Who Can Save Them)

“They could have impeached in Obama for the IRS scandal,” Trump told Hannity. “They could have impeached him for the guns, for whatever, when the guns went all over the place and people getting killed … fast and furious. They could have impeached him for many different things. They didn’t impeach him. Then never even thought of impeaching him.”

Democrats have yet to vote to open a formal impeachment inquiry and are holding a series of depositions with ambassadors who Democrats believe were involved in Trump pressuring Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden.

Read More & watch video: https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/22/democrats-impeachment-lynching-bill-clinton/?utm_medium=push&utm_source=daily_caller&utm_campa ign=push

My Thoughts:

How quickly the hypocrite Democrats are when it comes to Trump.

Warren & Sanders just came out and proposed spending $220 Billion of our tax dollars annually on healthcare for illegal immigrants. That’s three times the annual budget for the VA and twice as much for NASA.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast