Pelosi Sets Time and Date For National Gun Registration Hearing
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Pelosi Sets Time and Date For National Gun Registration Hearing

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cobbs Creek, VA
    Posts
    12,665

    Pelosi Sets Time and Date For National Gun Registration Hearing

    Pelosi Sets Time and Date For National Gun Registration Hearing
    .
    Washington, DC — News broke yesterday that Nancy Pelosi will hold a hearing next week on HR 8, National Gun Owner Registration in the U.S. House Judiciary Committee.
    .
    Now, word is that the hearing will occur next Wednesday, February 6 at 10 AM Eastern in that committee.
    .
    Universal background checks will make FELONS out of gun owners who transfer a firearm without first obtaining government permission!
    .
    On top of that, universal background checks have not stopped a single mass shooting over the last ten years!
    .
    What’s worse, should this bill pass through the House, Senator Chuck Schumer is lying in wait on the Senate side, ready to pounce.
    .
    This isn’t about guns, it’s about control.
    .
    Please help us stop this bill, by signing your pre-written email NOW!
    .
    CLICK HERE to Send An Email to Your Congressman / Senators OPPOSING H.R. 8, National Gun Registration.
    .
    Read More: Pelosi Sets Time and Date For National Gun Registration Hearing
    .
    My Thoughts:
    .
    We all know what this will accomplish; a database to assist in the confiscation of our guns, there’s no second guessing about it. Sign this post to send your feelings to your Gov. Rep.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Pelosi Sets Time and Date For National Gun Registration Hearing
    .
    Washington, DC — News broke yesterday that Nancy Pelosi will hold a hearing next week on HR 8, National Gun Owner Registration in the U.S. House Judiciary Committee.
    .
    Now, word is that the hearing will occur next Wednesday, February 6 at 10 AM Eastern in that committee.
    .
    Universal background checks will make FELONS out of gun owners who transfer a firearm without first obtaining government permission!
    .
    On top of that, universal background checks have not stopped a single mass shooting over the last ten years!
    .
    What’s worse, should this bill pass through the House, Senator Chuck Schumer is lying in wait on the Senate side, ready to pounce.
    .
    This isn’t about guns, it’s about control.
    .
    Please help us stop this bill, by signing your pre-written email NOW!
    .
    CLICK HERE to Send An Email to Your Congressman / Senators OPPOSING H.R. 8, National Gun Registration.
    .
    Read More: Pelosi Sets Time and Date For National Gun Registration Hearing
    .
    My Thoughts:
    .
    We all know what this will accomplish; a database to assist in the confiscation of our guns, there’s no second guessing about it. Sign this post to send your feelings to your Gov. Rep.
    Just to be clear, it's not a registration bill, it's the "Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019". It doesn't require registration, only a background check upon transfer other than "between spouses, between domestic partners, between parents and their children, between siblings, between aunts or uncles and their nieces or nephews, or between grandparents and their grandchildren". So, it expands the current background check requirements from commercial sales to private sales/trades/gifts outside of the family.

    There is no registration requirement in the bill at all.

    https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...se-bill/8/text

  4. Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    Please help us stop this bill, by signing your pre-written email NOW!
    .
    CLICK HERE to Send An Email to Your Congressman / Senators OPPOSING H.R. 8, National Gun Registration.
    .
    My Thoughts:
    .
    We all know what this will accomplish; a database to assist in the confiscation of our guns, there’s no second guessing about it. Sign this post to send your feelings to your Gov. Rep.
    .
    .
    It’s cool, OPS.
    .
    Aren’t you a big proponent of “papers please”, eVerify and other tracking mechanisms?
    .
    Or is that only for “other” people”?
    .
    How would government distinguish “them” from “us”?
    .
    I’ll bet when trump promotes this you’ll be all in.
    .
    My thoughts are, when one stands on principle, it don’t matter which side does it - it’s a violation of our rights.
    .
    And no, Sean just doesn’t get it either.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    .
    .
    It’s cool, OPS.
    .
    Aren’t you a big proponent of “papers please”, eVerify and other tracking mechanisms?
    .
    Or is that only for “other” people”?
    .
    How would government distinguish “them” from “us”?
    .
    I’ll bet when trump promotes this you’ll be all in.
    .
    My thoughts are, when one stands on principle, it don’t matter which side does it - it’s a violation of our rights.
    .
    And no, Sean just doesn’t get it either.
    I get it, I just disagree with you on some points.

    The difference regarding Ops's support for other "papers please" and gun registration is the government knowing who has something they might want to ban but which we have a right to keep.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Sean Woods View Post
    I get it, I just disagree with you on some points.

    The difference regarding Ops's support for other "papers please" and gun registration is the government knowing who has something they might want to ban but which we have a right to keep.
    .
    There is no difference whatsoever.
    .
    Unless an actual crime has been committed against a person or property, government has absolutely NO right to know what I have or don’t have, or who I am.
    .
    One doesn’t need case law or Rule by 5 to understand that.
    .
    .
    I’ll expand further: knowing what one has, and who people are, leaves room for the government to regulate freedom, redistribute wealth, grant welfare/free handouts, etc, etc.
    .
    Perhaps you and OPS might think about that.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    .
    There is no difference whatsoever.
    .
    Unless an actual crime has been committed against a person or property, government has absolutely NO right to know what I have or don’t have, or who I am.
    .
    One doesn’t need case law or Rule by 5 to understand that.
    .
    .
    I’ll expand further: knowing what one has, and who people are, leaves room for the government to regulate freedom, redistribute wealth, grant welfare/free handouts, etc, etc.
    .
    Perhaps you and OPS might think about that.
    As I've said before, everything the government does...everything any government does...is regulating freedom. Your belief about what the government has the right to do and what it doesn't is not some universal truth.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast