Republicans Shut Out of Stimulus Conference Negotiations

Thread: Republicans Shut Out of Stimulus Conference Negotiations

by Connie Hair (more by this author)
    Posted 02/11/2009 ET
    Updated 02/11/2009 ET

Republicans have caught the Democrats in a midnight “stimulus” power play that seeks to cut Republican conferees out of the House-Senate negotiations to resolve a final version of the Obama “stimulus” package. Staff members from the offices of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) met last night to put together the “stimulus” conference report.

They intend to attempt to shove this $1.3 trillion spending bill through in the dead of the night without Republican input so floor action can take place in both chambers on Thursday.

I spoke with House Republican Conference Chairman Mike Pence (R-Ind.) moments ago about this latest version of Democratic “bipartisanship.” Pence told me, “I think the American people deserve to know that legislation that would comprise an amount equal to the entire discretionary budget of the United States of America is being crafted without a single House Republican in the room.”

How many Senate RINOs will go along with this? Probably just enough for the Dems to get away with it. The House unanimously passed legislation last night that would require a 48 hour period wherein the legislation would be posted on the internet before a vote. Will Democrats honor that commitment?
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

yeah leave it to the dems... checks and balances comes to mind...
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Oh those sneaky, SNEAKY, under the table, dirty handed dems..... And why do so many people trust them to run the country again???

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    Oh those sneaky, SNEAKY, under the table, dirty handed dems..... And why do so many people trust them to run the country again???
    They were educated in the public school system, and never learned to think for themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    They were educated in the public school system, and never learned to think for themselves?
    +1 and many of them are either on the public dole or hope to be.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

wolfhunter Guest
    "Mr. Obama, I need a house and a small car for my family." But, I don't want a job, I might miss Oprah.

Lightbulb

+2 And the public screwl systems, they're nothing more than a place for liberal indoctrination! I guarantee in this bill the part about fixing the screwls will usher in much more of this crap! Some bypartisanship! We won, you lost you have no say...What BS!

"Mr. Obama, I need a house and a small car for my family." But, I don't want a job, I might miss Oprah.

"Common Sense" gun laws. Common sense tells me that the gun didn't carry itself to the crime scene and pull it's own trigger. Punish the criminals, not the guns!