Court Of Appeals Says Drop Dead Second Amendment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Court Of Appeals Says Drop Dead Second Amendment

Court Of Appeals Says Drop Dead Second Amendment

Second court of appeals says 2A doesn't over ride state level gun bans. Look for more, and higher, attempts at doing away with the 2A.

Hit & Run > Second Circuit to Second Amendment: Drop Dead... - Reason Magazine

Well, there you go! The Constitution has now been deemed worthless in the individual states. If the 2nd Amendment is no good, then neither is the rest of the Bill of Rights. You read it here, folks.

And for those of you who said that this couldn't happen in the United States of America - SURPRISE!
    -= Piece Corps =-

if that's the case, neither is the declaration of independence or the constitution. I now declare this a lawless country, Anarchy will now reign. Congrats Dems. You finally got rid of Democracy.
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

now that is some bull crap!!! next thing they will try is taking all our firearms away.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

More lawless black robed dictators trying to legislate from the bench

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DocBoCook View Post
    if that's the case, neither is the declaration of independence or the constitution. I now declare this a lawless country, Anarchy will now reign. Congrats Dems. You finally got rid of Democracy.
    Yup it appears to be so! What a shame/sham...Treason is the only thing that comes to mind! They should for this!

8. I imagine I may be the lone dissenter here, but this is a good thing.

We don't WANT more federal involvement in our lives. This is a correct interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. It NEVER has been incorporated. (None of the bill of rights were until well after the Civil War and the 14th Amendment.)

This this kind of interpretation leads the way to the overturning of other Federal gun laws like the '68 GCA and the '34 NFA. It continues the precedent that the regulation of firearms is reserved to the States. If such regulation could be ruled exclusively the domain of the States, any Federal regulation would violates the Second.

On the other hand, if the court rules for incorporation of the 2nd as a part of the 14th Amendment guarantees, then we are open to far more widespread and restrictive Federal regulation, with little hope of a judicial remedy.

And, the United States of America was never a democracy (thank heaven). It is a democratic republic. In a democracy, the voice of the majority rules, with no respect of regard to the rights of the minority.

As far as treason, the treason that has occured is the courts not having previously struck down the aforementioned statutes as well as any other Federal regulations on firearms. Leave it to the states. Most have a RKBA guarantee. If your state doesn't, get busy (campaigning for one or moving to a place that protects your rights.)
    Last edited by sqlbullet; 02-13-2009 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sqlbullet View Post
    I imagine I may be the lone dissenter here, but this is a good thing.

We don't WANT more federal involvement in our lives. This is a correct interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. It NEVER has been incorporated. (None of the bill of rights were until well after the Civil War and the 14th Amendment.)
    I must say that I do disagree here. The Constitution and Bill Of Rights had to be ratified and accepted by all the states in place at the time. New states had to accept it as the basic law of the land. States rights allow additions to these protections, not to over ride them. Banning firearms is a blatant disregard for the 2A. Once again all states had to either ratify this amendment or accept it as basic law.

So let me understand: all of you, save one dissenter, WANT more Federal Government input? I am confused by this thought process. So, big brother is bad when it supports something that we do not want. And it is good when it supports something that we do want. I thought the whole idea of "Big Brother" was a bad idea all the way around?
    Self-contradiction, by definition, is irrational.

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

what's keeping the states from banning legal representation for those who can't afford it so as to keep the "bad guys " in jail? it makes as much sense as what they're doing now
    when true patriots become labeled as enemies you can bury my corpse right beside lady libertys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast