Barr assigns US attorneyto look into government surveillance involving Trump campaign

Thread: Barr assigns US attorneyto look into government surveillance involving Trump campaign

Barr assigns US attorneyto look into government surveillance involving Trump campaign

Finally, the tables are turning on the Dems.

Barr assigns US attorney in Connecticut to look into government surveillance involving Trump campaign

"I Tell You The Truth, This Generation (1948-2028) Will Certainly Not Pass Away Until ALL Of These Things Have Happened"

The country is going to be better off by having AG Barr in charge of the DOJ, he will get to the bottom of all of this crap that has been falsely promulgated against President Trump by Hillary, the MSM, CNN & MSNBC over the past three years.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

John Solomon Describes What He Thinks Strzok’s ‘Insurance Policy’ Meant (Among Other Things)
    In a stunning and dense interview with Judicial Watch, John Solomon, investigative reporter for The Hill, details what he’s learned about the entire Russia collusion “dirty trick” the FBI played on the Trump campaign — and describes what he thinks Peter Strzok meant in his ominous “insurance policy” text.
    Solomon has done remarkable reporting on the collusion hoax, even while the establishment press refused to touch it. Like something out of a Hollywood noir film, he recounts how he came home one day in March 2017 to two men sitting in a blue sedan who proceeded to have a frank conversation with him in his driveway. He says they told him that his reporting up to that point on the FISA court — he was familiar with that court and found the FISA warrants related to Carter Page suspicious — was the tip of a very large iceberg that led to the entire intelligence apparatus under the Obama administration being used in an opposition research investigation into a political campaign.
    “You’re on the cusp of something much bigger,” Solomon says the men told him. “Go get em.”
    Despite never seeing those men again nor finding out who they were, Solomon began to dig into what they told him. Not knowing which candidate was the target, Solomon began his now-prolific trove of stories uncovering the falsity of the entire Russia collusion affair, recently confirmed by Mueller’s report.
    A specific revelation concerns the aforementioned “insurance policy” discussion between FBI agents Lisa Page and her erstwhile lover Peter Strzok. Page said in July 2018 (information that was unsealed in March 2019) that the conversation had to do with the fact that the FBI didn’t have the evidence they needed to prove collusion with the path they were on so they were feeling out other options.
    Among their texts was one concerning the so-called “insurance policy.” During her interview with the Judiciary Committee in July 2018, Page was questioned at length about that text — and essentially confirmed this referred to the Russia investigation while explaining that officials were proceeding with caution, concerned about the implications of the case while not wanting to go at “total breakneck speed” and risk burning sources as they presumed Trump wouldn’t be elected anyway.
    Further, she confirmed investigators only had a “paucity” of evidence at the start.
    Then-Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., kicked off that section of questioning by asking about the text sent from Strzok to Page in August 2016 which read: “I want to believe the path you threw out in Andy’s [McCabe’s] office—that there’s no way he gets elected—but I’m afraid we can’t take the risk. It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you’re 40.”
    The former FBI lawyer explained how the FBI was trying to strike a balance with the investigation into the Trump campaign—which agents called “Crossfire Hurricane.”
    Solomon essentially confirms this accounting, noting he believes the less-than-fruitful path was the one related to George Papadopoulos and the pivot was a focus on the Steele dossier. He does not mention other reporting that says Page and Strzok were concerned about “burning” a highly-placed informant.
    But that’s hardly the only extraordinary information Solomon offers in his interview.
    “We began to see the confines of a real scandal,” Solomon says at one point, early in the 30 minute video. “And the scandal wasn’t that Russia and Trump had colluded. It was that the DNC, Hillary Clinton and their researchers and British intelligence operative were colluding with intelligence agencies to try to create the appearance of such a collusion scandal on the other side. Deeply troubling.”
    Some of the other bits of information Solomon offers include:
    The Steele dossier was crucial to gaining the FISA warrant to spy on Carter Page. Solomon also says it is “remarkable that the court didn’t give more scrutiny” when confronted with handing out a warrant to spy on a person associated with a campaign using research from that campaign’s political opponent. Judicial Watch FOIA requests show there were no hearings at all related to the charge of Russia collusion.
    He discusses the role of “one of the most interesting characters in the saga,” former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. Solomon goes into detail about how Rosenstein was playing both sides of the investigation — reminding Trump he was able to fire Comey and then threatening to wear a wire in a meeting with the president, for example — and, even more fascinating, Rosenstein’s role in the 2009 court case related to Uranium One and the Russian company Rosatom, a deal that ultimately benefited The Clinton Foundation.
    Solomon also goes over a recent story he wrote about a Ukrainian-American activist, working on behalf of the DNC, to dig up Russia-related dirt on Paul Manafort and the “black-ledger files” that ultimately led to Manafort’s undoing and a scandal in Ukraine over interference in the 2016 election.
    Most interestingly, Solomon talks at length about what investigations will be happening going forward, including the IG report, Attorney General Barr’s investigation into the intelligence apparatus, and Sen. Lindsey Graham’s desire to look into the collusion narrative.
    Watch the full video below.

Read More: https://www.redstate.com/slee/2019/0...7b9aabe9ef7a10
    My Thoughts:
    This whole episode against President Trump is something that should never be allowed to happen again, and everyone involved in it needs to be indicted, sent to a grand jury and held accountable to the maximum level allowed by the federal government. –IE- sent to prison.

TOP OBAMA-ERA FBI LAWYER ‘NERVOUS’ ABOUT DOJ INSPECTOR GENERAL INVESTIGATION

"I Tell You The Truth, This Generation (1948-2028) Will Certainly Not Pass Away Until ALL Of These Things Have Happened"

When Will Trump Finally Drop the Hammer on the Deep State?

Deep State In Deep Panic:
    Circular Firing Squad Forming, Crooked Officials Already Hurling Blame At Their Peers.
    Sean Hannity opened his show on Tuesday discussing the latest blow to the criminal deep state — Bill Barr has assigned top US Attorney John Durham to investigate the origins of the Spygate scandal.
    The deep state is in a total panic and already the former DOJ, FBI and CIA officials are accusing each other of criminal acts.
    Barr assigns US attorneyto look into government surveillance involving Trump campaign-246s.jpg
    Lovebirds Peter Strzok and Lisa Page are blaming Loretta Lynch for the rigging of the Hillary investigation and her server and obstruction of justice.
    Bruce Ohr is blaming the DOJ and FBI officials for ignoring his warning about Christopher Steele and the dossier.
    Fired FBI chief James Comey is bashing Strzok, Page and Rod Rosenstein on national TV.
    Rod Rosenstein is firing back at Comey.
    Andrew McCabe is attacking “anyone pretty much with a pulse.”
    Via Hannity:
    Video:
    Read More: https://www.teaparty.org/deep-state-...-video-362178/
    My Thoughts:
    With AG Barr now in charge of the DOJ, we’re going to see a whole lot of finger pointing from the Deep State actors during the next year and when the sh!t really hits the fan with indictments, federal court proceedings and possible prison time for these people who tried to use the FBI, DOJ and intelligence community to do a soft coup on the duly elected President, it’s going to be something to see and more than anything justified.
    All of these rats are seeing bad news ahead with AG Barr at the helm.
    The bottom line is, Justice is coming.

Bill Barr vows to uncover 'exactly what happened' with Russia probe, says explanations have been 'inadequate'
    Attorney General Bill Barr, in an exclusive interview with Fox News, said the country must know “exactly what happened” with counterintelligence activities conducted during the 2016 election -- and he is determined to get to the bottom of the case.
    In his first interview since becoming attorney general, Barr spoke to “America’s Newsroom” host Bill Hemmer during a visit to El Salvador for meetings with law enforcement officials. In pointed terms, he fired back at Democrats who have castigated him over his handling of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report -- calling Speaker Nancy Pelosi's charge that he lied to Congress "laughable" and dismissing an attempt to hold him in contempt of Congress.
    "That's part of the usual ... political circus that's being played out. It doesn't surprise me," he said.
    And the nation's top law enforcement official provided new details about the recently announced probe into the origins of the Russia investigation, defending his decision to pursue it and stressing that many of the answers he's gotten so far have been "inadequate."
    US ATTORNEY JOHN DURHAM HAS BEEN REVIEWING ORIGINS OF RUSSIA PROBE 'FOR WEEKS:' SOURCE
    “The first step is to find out exactly what happened, and we're trying to get our arms around that, getting all the relevant information from the various agencies and starting to talk to some of the people that have information,” Barr told Hemmer.
    While the decision to look back at the origins of the investigation has prompted harsh criticism from Democrats who previously have accused him of acting as the president's lawyer, Barr argued there's much yet to learn.

“I think there's a misconception out there that we know a lot about what happened,” he said.
    “The fact of the matter is Bob Mueller did not look at the government's activities. He was looking at whether or not the Trump campaign had conspired with the Russians. But he was not going back and looking at the counterintelligence program. And we have a number of investigations underway that touch upon it -- the main one being the office of inspector general that's looking at the FISA warrants.”
    Barr specifically acknowledged that the period between Election Day and Inauguration Day will be key, saying “some very strange developments” took place in that time – including the early January 2017 briefing intelligence officials gave to the president at Trump Tower and “the leaking of information subsequent to that meeting.”
    At that meeting, Trump was briefed on Russian meddling and was informed by then-FBI boss James Comey about the allegations against him in a salacious and unverified dossier. Details later leaked to the press.
    “That's one of the things ... we need to look at,” Barr said of the briefing.

Barr's review could prove as politically explosive as the Russia probe itself. President Trump is watching closely, and tweeted Friday morning that those who spied on his campaign committed "treason" and could face "long jail sentences." It comes as congressional Democrats ramp up their own investigations into the Trump administration, including looking at obstruction allegations in connection with the Russia case.
    It emerged earlier this week that hard-charging U.S. Attorney John Durham was tapped to examine the origins of the Russia investigation, and has been working on his review “for weeks.” Bill Barr assigned Durham to conduct the inquiry into alleged misconduct and alleged improper government surveillance on the Trump campaign in 2016 as well as whether Democrats improperly colluded with foreign actors.
    Durham will focus on the period before Nov. 7, 2016—including the use of FBI informants, as well as alleged improper issuance of Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants. Durham was asked to help Barr to "ensure that intelligence collection activities by the U.S. Government related to the Trump 2016 Presidential Campaign were lawful and appropriate."
    A source also told Fox News that Barr is working "collaboratively" on the investigation with FBI Director Chris Wray, CIA Director Gina Haspel, and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats, and that Durham is also working directly with Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz, who is currently reviewing allegations of misconduct in issuance of FISA warrants, and the role of FBI informants during the early stages of the investigation.
    In his interview Friday, Barr said he stressed it is of the utmost importance “to find out what the government was doing during that period.”
    “I've been trying to get answers to questions and I found that a lot of the answers have been inadequate. And I've also found that some of the explanations I've gotten don't hang together,” Barr told Hemmer.
    “So in a sense, I have more questions today than I did when I first started. Some of what things don't hang together, some of the explanations of what occurred. People have to find out what the government was doing during that period. If we're worried about foreign influence, for the very same reason shouldn’t we be worried about whether government officials abused their power and put their thumb on the scale?”
    He added: “I'm not saying that happened, but I'm saying that we have to look at that.”
    Barr then turned his attention to Pelosi, D-Calif., and her recent claims that he lied under oath.
    BARR TEASES PELOSI, ASKS IF SHE BROUGHT HER HANDCUFFS ON SIDELINES OF DC EVENT
    “It's a laughable charge and I think it's largely being made to try to discredit me partly because they may be concerned about the outcome of a review of what happened during the election,” Barr countered.
    “They may be trying to undermine my credibility, but obviously you can look at the face of my testimony and see on its face that there was nothing inaccurate about it.”
    Earlier this month, Pelosi alleged that the attorney general “lied to Congress.” She was apparently referring to an April 9 hearing, where Rep. Charlie Crist had asked whether Barr knew what prompted reports that prosecutors on the special counsel team were frustrated with his initial summary of their findings. Barr said he did not. But The Washington Post reported that Mueller had contacted Barr to express concerns about that summary, though he reportedly was concerned largely about the media coverage of it.
    As Barr also battles congressional Democrats over their push for access to the full Mueller report and underlying documents -- a fight that saw a key committee call for holding him in contempt -- the attorney general seemingly teased Pelosi on the sidelines of a Capitol Hill event this week.
    According to a source close to the attorney general, Barr approached her in a holding tent after the Wednesday event and asked whether she had brought her handcuffs.
    The quip was a reference to calls from some rank-and-file Democrats for Barr himself to be arrested, amid the fight over access to Russia probe documents.
    Read more and see video: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bil...e-explanations
    My Thoughts:
    It's about time that Justice is coming

Trump: Campaign Spying 'Treason' Deserves Long Jail Terms
    President Donald Trump threatened long jail terms over what he’s called politically motivated "spying" on his 2016 campaign, despite testimony from his own FBI director that he wasn’t aware of any improper surveillance.
    “My Campaign for President was conclusively spied on. Nothing like this has ever happened in American Politics,” Trump said Friday on Twitter. “A really bad situation. TREASON means long jail sentences, and this was TREASON!”
    Trump has said he’s in favor of Attorney General William Barr’s decision to investigate the origins of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election. Trump denied that he ordered Barr to launch the investigation, though he has repeatedly encouraged it in public remarks.
    Trump has insisted that the Russia investigation was politically motivated and concocted from false allegations to spy on his campaign and ultimately undermine his presidency.
    But FBI Director Christopher Wray testified before a Senate panel last week that he wasn’t aware of any improper spying, a comment Trump said he found “ridiculous.”
    “That’s not the term I would use,” told senators when asked about whether there there was spying.
    Trump bolstered his argument by citing the results of a Fox News poll in which 58% of the respondents said they believed the FBI broke the law when it started investigating the Trump campaign.
    Read More: https://www.newsmax.com/politics/tru...=010502smvqze#
    My Thoughts:
    Now that we know the facts and the depth of which they tried to remove a duly elected President and considering all of what the FBI & CIA did, putting all of them who were involved in jail for a long time is the least of their worries.

BARR: ‘VERY UNUSUAL’ FOR FBI TO RELY ON STEELE DOSSIER GIVEN ‘CLEAR MISTAKES’
    Attorney General William Barr said in an interview that aired Friday that he is investigating what role the Steele dossier played in the Russia probe, and that the salacious document had “a number of clear mistakes.”
    “It’s a very unusual situation to have opposition research like that, especially one that on its face had a number of clear mistakes and a somewhat jejune analysis,” Barr told Fox News’ Bill Hemmer.
    “And to use that to conduct counterintelligence against an American political campaign is a strange — would be strange development.”
    In the interview, Barr spoke at length about an inquiry he launched at the Justice Department into the origins of the Russia investigation. He told The Wall Street Journal in an interview that the investigation is also focusing on what information U.S. intelligence agencies gathered on Trump campaign associates before the FBI formally opened its investigation in July 2016. (RELATED: Attorney General William Barr Wants To Know If Russia Probe Was An Abuse Of Power)
    Video:
    The FBI relied heavily on the Steele dossier, which was funded by the DNC and Clinton campaign, to obtain surveillance warrants against Carter Page, a Trump campaign adviser. But Republicans have accused the FBI of misleading the surveillance court by relying on the dossier given that its allegations were unverified.
    Christopher Steele, a former British spy, claimed in the dossier that the Trump campaign was involved in a “well-developed conspiracy of co-operation” with the Russian government to influence the 2016 election. He alleged that Page and other Trump associates, like Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen, were at the center of the scheme.
    But the special counsel’s report all but debunked the dossier’s central thesis, while dismissing one specific allegation about Cohen. The report said that prosecutors were unable to establish a conspiracy between the Trump team and Russia. It also said that Cohen did not visit Prague in August 2016, which is where the dossier claimed the former Trump lawyer went to pay off Russian hackers.
    Steele and his client, Fusion GPS, shopped the dossier around to numerous journalists. Steele also provided memos from his dossier to the FBI and State Department.
    Barr told Hemmer that the answers he has received so far about the origins of the investigations “aren’t sufficient.” He is reportedly working with the directors of the CIA, FBI and Office of National Intelligence on the inquiry.
    The Justice Department’s inspector general is also investigating the dossier’s role in the Russia investigation, as well as the FBI’s surveillance efforts against the Trump campaign.
    Read More: https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/17/b..._campaign=push
    My Thoughts:
    Think about this, the FBI was informed 10 days prior to them requesting a FISA warrant on Carter Page, they were told the Steele dossier on President Trump was a complete falsehood, but they used it anyway to ask not only for the first FISA warrant, but for the subsequent three other FISA warrants.
    Just remember, at the top of EVERY FISA request there’s a sentence that states, “All relevant info for this warrant is factual and has been verified”.
    Every one of the signers of those warrants, not only lied to the FISA Court, but they committed a federal crime when they signed them.

US Congressman Admits Coup Attempt