Biden warns Democratic rivals he's got all this information about other people’s past

Thread: Biden warns Democratic rivals he's got all this information about other people’s past

Biden warns Democratic rivals he's got all this information about other people’s past

Biden warns Democratic rivals he's got 'all this information about other people’s pasts'
    Joe Biden let slip that his campaign was collecting dirt on his rivals for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination.
    “I mean, I get all this information about other people’s pasts, and what they’ve done and not done. And you know, I’m just not going to go there. If we keep doing that — I mean, we should be debating what we do from here," Biden told CNN in a Friday interview, referring to the crowded field of two dozen White House hopefuls.
    In May, Biden, 76, promised not to attack his rivals, saying: “I will not speak ill of any of the Democratic candidates, I will not do it."
    Although Biden said he wouldn't use the opposition research, he made the comments while being grilled on the scrutiny his past approach to race issues is receiving.
    Sen. Kamala Harris of California last week ripped Biden during the opening Democratic National Committee debate in Miami for his opposition to federally mandated busing in the 1970s, a policy aimed at encouraging educational integration. She also took him to task for his remarks about working with known segregationists in the Senate at the same time.
    Should Biden use the information, the change in strategy would mark a pivot from his attempt to craft an affable "Uncle Joe" persona and an abandonment of his promise to stay positive.
    Before the attacks from Harris and New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker on Biden for his segregationist comments, the Democratic race for the White House had been relatively genteel.
    With seven months still until the Iowa caucuses, the former vice president has repeatedly said on the campaign trail that he is seeking the presidency because he wants "to restore the soul of this country" and "unite" the nation. He has also vowed to support the party's eventual standard-bearer, who will be anointed at the Democratic National Convention next July in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
    Video:
    Read More: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...qVpC1B_HahxElo
    My Thoughts:
    GOOD!... YOU GUYS GO RATT EACH OTHER OUT WITH ALL YOUR DIRTY DEEDS WHILE TRUMP CRUISES TO A 2020 LANDSLIDE!
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

'The US has no obligation': Biden fought to keep Vietnamese refugees out of the US
    Joe Biden, the 2020 Democratic presidential front-runner and advocate of large-scale immigration, once tried to block the evacuation of tens of thousands of South Vietnamese refugees who had helped the United States during the Vietnam War.
    As a senator, the future vice president, now 76, was adamant that the U.S. had "no obligation, moral or otherwise, to evacuate foreign nationals," dismissing concerns for their safety as the North Vietnamese Army and Viet Cong swept south toward Saigon in 1975.
    His position was in stark contrast to the one he took nearly 30 years later over Iraqi and Afghan interpreters who had worked with U.S. forces. "We owe these people," his then top foreign policy adviser Tony Blinken said in 2012. "We have a debt to these people. They put their lives on the line for the United States."
    Biden said in 2015 that keeping Syrian refugees out of the U.S. would be a win for ISIS and tweeted in 2017 that "we must protect, support, and welcome refugees" to maintain the promise of America.
    As South Vietnam collapsed at the end of the Vietnam War in the spring of 1975, President Gerald Ford and the U.S. government undertook to evacuate thousands of South Vietnamese families who had assisted the U.S. throughout the war. The leading voice in the Senate opposing this rescue effort was then-Sen. Joe Biden.
    Hundreds of thousands of South Vietnamese allies were in danger of recriminations from the Communists, but Biden insisted that “the United States has no obligation to evacuate one — or 100,001 — South Vietnamese.”
    In April 1975, Ford argued that, as the last American troops were removed from the country, the U.S. should evacuate the South Vietnamese who had helped the U.S. during the war, too.
    “The United States has had a long tradition of opening its doors to immigrants of all countries … And we’ve always been a humanitarian nation,” Ford said. “We felt that a number of these South Vietnamese had been very loyal to the United States and deserved an opportunity to live in freedom.”
    But Biden objected and called for a meeting between the president and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to voice his objections to Ford’s funding request for these efforts. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, who led the meeting, told the senators that “the total list of the people endangered in Vietnam is over a million” and that “the irreducible list is 174,000.”
    Biden said U.S. allies should not be rescued: “We should focus on getting them [the U.S. troops] out. Getting the Vietnamese out and military aid for the GVN [South Vietnam’s government] are totally different.”
    Kissinger said there were “Vietnamese to whom we have an obligation,” but Biden responded: “I will vote for any amount for getting the Americans out. I don’t want it mixed with getting the Vietnamese out.”
    Read More: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ibVgqVQXygTm8Q
    My Thoughts:
    Mr. Flip Flop strikes again.
    It’s too bad the media, Lame stream media that is, can’t and won’t report on things like this that the Dems do. Yes, I know they are bought and paid for, but just think how it would be if items like this came out on the Dems as they always seem to bring out on the Republicans.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL