Senator Gregg Statement on Withdrawal for Consideration of U.S. Commerce Secretary

Thread: Senator Gregg Statement on Withdrawal for Consideration of U.S. Commerce Secretary

1. Senator Gregg Statement on Withdrawal for Consideration of U.S. Commerce Secretary

Sen. Gregg stated, “I want to thank the President for nominating me to serve in his Cabinet as Secretary of Commerce. This was a great honor, and I had felt that I could bring some views and ideas that would assist him in governing during this difficult time. I especially admire his willingness to reach across the aisle.

“However, it has become apparent during this process that this will not work for me as I have found that on issues such as the stimulus package and the Census there are irresolvable conflicts for me. Prior to accepting this post, we had discussed these and other potential differences, but unfortunately we did not adequately focus on these concerns. We are functioning from a different set of views on many critical items of policy.

Very good news my friends. Senator Gregg, a REPUBLICAN from NH, has withdrawn his bid for Commerce Secretary. This was a crafty, underhanded move on Obama's part, trying to take out a Republican from the Senate, so that if that freak Al Franken successfully steals the Minnesota Senate seat, the Democrats would have a better chance of securing a filibuster-proof, 60-seat Senate majority. Thankfully, Gregg has seen the light and will remain in the Senate, so no 60-seat majority for now. (Whew!) jonathan
    Last edited by lukem; 02-13-2009 at 11:44 AM.

wolfhunter Guest
    He shows integrity in his withdrawal speech also. "Irresolvable conflicts", indeed.