Republican family values?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Republican family values?

Republican family values?

Steve King: 'Would there be any population of the world left' if not for rape and incest?

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" King told the crowd at the Westside Conservative Club. “Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that."

Maybe the inbreeding helps explain the ignorance
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Steve King: 'Would there be any population of the world left' if not for rape and incest?

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" King told the crowd at the Westside Conservative Club. “Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that."

Maybe the inbreeding helps explain the ignorance
    Or maybe not considering that birth rates become rather high in war torn countries. Not necessarily by rape of incest, called fraternization. But then, some do look at the seedier possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Or maybe not considering that birth rates become rather high in war torn countries. Not necessarily by rape of incest, called fraternization. But then, some do look at the seedier possibilities.
    Is that your explanation for the baby boom after WWII?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

Is that your explanation for the baby boom after WWII?
    Absolutely not. Thousands of our troops returning home after being at war should speak for itself. Making up for lost time being away but in no way indicates rape or incest. However, in the war ravaged countries they left many illegitimate children behind. This was/is common to most wars and, as the Congressman stated, many have been products of such things. Just your way of trying to make a slur against Republicans with the suggestion of inbreeding. There seems to be plenty of Democrats who might fall into questionable parentage so who is to say?

Absolutely not. Thousands of our troops returning home after being at war should speak for itself. Making up for lost time being away but in no way indicates rape or incest. However, in the war ravaged countries they left many illegitimate children behind. This was/is common to most wars and, as the Congressman stated, many have been products of such things. Just your way of trying to make a slur against Republicans with the suggestion of inbreeding. There seems to be plenty of Democrats who might fall into questionable parentage so who is to say?
    OK, I get that, I spent time on deployment, but do you have any supporting evidence to support your claim of high birth rates is war torn countries? Would the population have just died out without the births due to incest or rape? His statement indicates he seems to believe that there would be no humans except for rape and incest.

But hey, that how it works in your fairy tale, twice. Adam and Eve had three sons, and they populated the planet..... and a while later during the big circus boat cruise, only a single family survived to repopulate the planet.

It is not a slur against a republican, it is in fact an account of what an ignorant dolt actually said, and I provided a link that documented it. Now he is a 13 term republican, but perhaps I was in error to with the title of the thread.... would "Christian Family Values?" been a more fitting title?

Please enlighten me, I am at a loss as to why you felt the need to try and justify this idiots statement.

OK, I get that, I spent time on deployment, but do you have any supporting evidence to support your claim of high birth rates is war torn countries? Would the population have just died out without the births due to incest or rape? His statement indicates he seems to believe that there would be no humans except for rape and incest.

But hey, that how it works in your fairy tale, twice. Adam and Eve had three sons, and they populated the planet..... and a while later during the big circus boat cruise, only a single family survived to repopulate the planet.

It is not a slur against a republican, it is in fact an account of what an ignorant dolt actually said, and I provided a link that documented it. Now he is a 13 term republican, but perhaps I was in error to with the title of the thread.... would "Christian Family Values?" been a more fitting title?

Please enlighten me, I am at a loss as to why you felt the need to try and justify this idiots statement.
    It wasn't that idiots statement I was replying to. It was your slur toward Republican family values. I dare say that most have values at least equal to yours. Your slurs toward Christians has no meaning anymore and is typical of your comments.

XD, if you would simply study history you would find that many babies were fathered by GIs and left behind in war torn countries. But to find the truth would completely destroy your assertions. Carry on with your diatribe and show that you are here just for the sake of argument.

It wasn't that idiots statement I was replying to. It was your slur toward Republican family values. I dare say that most have values at least equal to yours. Your slurs toward Christians has no meaning anymore and is typical of your comments.
    I did indicate that I questioned my choice of titles, and asked if "Christian Family Values?" would have been a better choice of words, especially given all the documented incest and rape in the Goat Herders Guide to the Universe.

XD, if you would simply study history you would find that many babies were fathered by GIs and left behind in war torn countries. But to find the truth would completely destroy your assertions. Carry on with your diatribe and show that you are here just for the sake of argument.
    Yes, rape and pillage happens during war, but since you have made that claim that it dramatically increases the birth rate, I only ask you to support that supposition with a reliable source. Nor have you supported Kings supposition that without incest and rape that our species would have died out due to low birth rate.

But yes, let's look at history, shall we?
    France was occupied first by the Germans, then the allied forces after France was liberated till the end of WWII, agree?

Looking at the birth rate of France from 5 years prior to their German occupation, and 5 years after the country was liberated.

Figures below are the number of birth per 1000.
    • 1935 15.5
    • 1936 15.3
    • 1937 15.0
    • 1938 14.8
    • 1939 14.8
    • 1940 13.8 * German occupation of France starts June 1940
    • 1941 13.7 - war
    • 1942 14.7 - torn
    • 1943 15.8 - period
    • 1944 16.2 * France liberated in the second half of 1944
    • 1945 16.3
    • 1946 20.9
    • 1947 21.4
    • 1948 21.2
    • 1949 21.0
    • 1950 20.6

I pretty good at math, and I do not see anything to validate your statement that birth rates become rather high in war torn countries. Am I missing something, or are you just pulling stuff out of your butt to support your position?

I did indicate that I questioned my choice of titles, and asked if "Christian Family Values?" would have been a better choice of words, especially given all the documented incest and rape in the Goat Herders Guide to the Universe. Nor have you supported Kings supposition that without incest and rape that our species would have died out due to low birth rate.

But yes, let's look at history, shall we?
    France was occupied first by the Germans, then the allied forces after France was liberated till the end of WWII, agree?

Looking at the birth rate of France from 5 years prior to their German occupation, and 5 years after the country was liberated.

Figures below are the number of birth per 1000.
    • 1935 15.5
    • 1936 15.3
    • 1937 15.0
    • 1938 14.8
    • 1939 14.8
    • 1940 13.8 * German occupation of France starts June 1940
    • 1941 13.7 - war
    • 1942 14.7 - torn
    • 1943 15.8 - period
    • 1944 16.2 * France liberated in the second half of 1944
    • 1945 16.3
    • 1946 20.9
    • 1947 21.4
    • 1948 21.2
    • 1949 21.0
    • 1950 20.6

I pretty good at math, and I do not see anything to validate your statement that birth rates become rather high in war torn countries. Am I missing something, or are you just pulling stuff out of your butt to support your position?

"Yes, rape and pillage happens during war, but since you have made that claim that it dramatically increases the birth rate, I only ask you to support that supposition with a reliable source."

OK, here is a reputable source, "https://www.spiegel.de/international/spiegel/wwii-g-i-babies-children-of-the-enemy-a-456835.html." This article tells of children fathered by GIs and Russians in Europe. Over 100,000 children sired by Allied troops after the war. While you are looking, check into the same birth statistics for the Korean and Vietnam wars. Lots of Amer-Asian babies also. I would consider those births to be significant but I can't say how any would have been from rape or incest. My objection to your comment was trying to put a political and religious tone to it. You do seem to have a penchant for that.

As for King's statement, most sane people would simply look at his statement as pure BS and, for most, nothing to warrant a hissy-fit. But again, there are others who like to jump on such statements as a subject to argue over.

OK, here is a reputable source, "https://www.spiegel.de/international/spiegel/wwii-g-i-babies-children-of-the-enemy-a-456835.html." This article tells of children fathered by GIs and Russians in Europe. Over 100,000 children sired by Allied troops after the war. While you are looking, check into the same birth statistics for the Korean and Vietnam wars. Lots of Amer-Asian babies also. I would consider those births to be significant but I can't say how any would have been from rape or incest. My objection to your comment was trying to put a political and religious tone to it. You do seem to have a penchant for that.

As for King's statement, most sane people would simply look at his statement as pure BS and, for most, nothing to warrant a hissy-fit. But again, there are others who like to jump on such statements as a subject to argue over.
    I never specified the genetics, but the birth rate, which during the occupation in WWII was lower. King's statement was about head count, not heredity. The earth's population doubles about every 64 years, so we don't need rape and incest when we have horny teenagers.

If King was some fool on a forum, I agree, just another stupid man spewing the ignorance and hate in his soul, likely learned on Sundays. However this fool is a lawmaker that writes and votes on laws that effect everyone, and there in lies the rub, so I am going to flag his stupidity. Not a hissy-fit, but as a public service to show how stupid and hate-filled people believing in imaginary deities can be.

Since you said "most sane people would simply look at his statement as pure BS" it causes one to pause and wonder why you chose to come to his defense?

I never specified the genetics, but the birth rate, which during the occupation in WWII was lower. King's statement was about head count, not heredity. The earth's population doubles about every 64 years, so we don't need rape and incest when we have horny teenagers.

If King was some fool on a forum, I agree, just another stupid man spewing the ignorance and hate in his soul, likely learned on Sundays. However this fool is a lawmaker that writes and votes on laws that effect everyone, and there in lies the rub, so I am going to flag his stupidity. Not a hissy-fit, but as a public service to show how stupid and hate-filled people believing in imaginary deities can be.

Since you said "most sane people would simply look at his statement as pure BS" it causes one to pause and wonder why you chose to come to his defense?
    Not coming to his defense, just remarking about how you choose to denigrate ALL Republicans concerning his statement and, as a follow-on, your animosity toward religion. But, this is always to be expected from you so no surprises there. As the old idiom goes, "A leopard can't change its spots" and will remain true to its nature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast