Pelosi: Dem President Could Declare ‘National Emergency’ to Pass Gun Control

Thread: Pelosi: Dem President Could Declare ‘National Emergency’ to Pass Gun Control

Nancy Pelosi just gave us another reason never to elect a Democratic president (as if we needed one).

As President Trump prepares to declare a national emergency to stymie the illegal immigration crisis at the Mexican border, Pelosi is warning Republicans that the next Democratic president would likely do the same thing to pass gun control.

The House Speaker said earlier today:

"A Democratic president can declare emergencies, as well. So the precedent that the president is setting here is something that should be met with great unease and dismay by the Republicans.

"Let's talk about today: The one-year anniversary of another manifestation of the epidemic of gun violence in America. That's a national emergency. Why don't you declare that emergency, Mr. President? I wish you would.

“But a Democratic president can do that."

The Hill noted that Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.) echoed Pelosi’s sentiment, tweeting, “Gun violence is a national emergency.”

“Doug Heye, a Republican strategist and former aide to former House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), sounded a similar warning on Thursday, moments after the White House announcement,” The Hill reported. "‘Make no mistake: the next Democratic President will declare national emergencies on guns and climate change and cite the Trump precedent when doing so,’ Heye tweeted."

Read More: https://www.gunpowdermagazine.com/pe...74OzMx__ntbXZc

My Thoughts:

Trying to figure out what would be the basis for the Democratic President to declare a national emergency concerning guns by using an executive action.

Keep on talking and pushing out these idiotic ideas should only help Trump regain the Presidency in 2020.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

3. Pelosi is brain dead. Who is she going to get to take them. This is why the Demtards are just sinking themselves lower and lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by elongobardi View Post
    Pelosi is brain dead. Who is she going to get to take them. This is why the Demtards are just sinking themselves lower and lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let the Democrats debating and Pelosi keep talking, will only help Trump get reelected.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Pelosi Reveals Dems Plan To Take Away Constitutional Right On Sept 4

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi just announced that Democrats will try to take away a Constitutional right from Americans on Sept. 4. When Congress comes back from recess, Pelosi is promising to hold votes on several anti-gun laws".

"These laws, all of which aim to erode as much of the Second Amendment as possible, will likely pass given Democrats control the House.

As noted by The Daily Caller, here are a few of the measures Democrats will be voting on next week:

The “Keep Americans Safe Act,” which would ban any ammunition magazines over 10 rounds.

The “Extreme Risk Protection Orders Act of 2019,” which would remove access to firearms from people who are deemed to be a danger to themselves or others.

The “Disarm Hate Act,” which would prevent someone convicted of a misdemeanor hate crime from obtaining a firearm.

The committee is also slated to take up a hearing on “military style assault weapons” later in the month.

While most Americans want to keep people safe, it’s important to note that these far-left laws would severely trample on the Second Amendment and the right to bear arms.

And, perhaps most importantly, there’s no evidence to suggest that any of these three pieces of legislation would actually reduce gun violence".
    Comfort One Another With These Words Also...THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER GENERATION
    (1948-2028)