‘They’ve Awoken a Giant’: 20+ Virginia Counties Become 2A Sanctuaries Overnight - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘They’ve Awoken a Giant’: 20+ Virginia Counties Become 2A Sanctuaries Overnight

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    To the rational mind, it should be apparent that the thinking ability of nearly half of the people in this nation of adult age has been turned inside-out and upside-down. Because much of American citizenry has moved increasingly farther away from acceptance of godly government, the country has reached the point described by the Apostle Paul in Romans.

“And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which should not be done". (Rom. 1: 28)

If it were the "majority" of Americans, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Be assured that this isn't the same America as anytime past, quite to the contrary, the "majority" will surrender when the time comes, and it will come.

~ If You Have Not Been Born Twice, And Never Do Get Born Twice, The Day Will Come When You Will Wish That You Had Never Been Born At All ~
    I agree with you.

But there will soon be a day reckoning,
    either at the hands of the Right,
    or at the Hand of God.

If it is at the Hand of God,
    they will wish that it were at the hands of the Right.

Virginia Democrats reportedly beginning effort to confiscate lawfully owned firearms

A sweeping ban on many popular guns has been proposed in Virginia, which in November handed total control of the state's legislature to Democrats.

Senate Bill 16, which was introduced by Sen. Richard Saslaw, seeks to expand the state's definition of so-called "assault weapons." Violation of the law's provisions would be a Class 6 felony, which in Virginia is punishable by up to five years in prison.

In its analysis of the legislation, the National Rifle Association's Institute for Legislative Action waved a red flag.

"The restrictions included in the proposed legislation does not grandfather current owners. The legislation is clearly designed to be firearms confiscation, as current owners would be forced to dispossess themselves of their property or face a felony conviction," the NRA-ILA wrote.

Much of the legislation is devoted to a discussion of the characteristics of what would be called, in Virginia, an assault weapon. In reducing that to plain-speak, the NRA-ILA said that "SB 16 would outlaw America’s most popular rifle, the AR-15, along with countless other rifles, pistols, and shotguns that Virginians use for hunting, target shooting, and self-defense."

"A knowledgeable firearms owner will take a look at the ridiculous definition and realize that such ham-handed legislation must be born out of petty vindictiveness or a complete ignorance of firearm technology, as there is no logical public safety rationale," the NRA-ILA said, noting specific weapons that would be banned.

Handgun users could also become instant lawbreakers, the NRA-ILA warned, citing the bill's provision that bans magazines holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

"Many handguns commonly-owned by law-abiding citizens for concealed carry come standard with magazines that would be banned. Otherwise law-abiding gun owners who violate the magazine provision could be found guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. A Class 1 misdemeanor is punishable by up to a year in jail," the NRA-ILA wrote.

As the state pushes to grab guns, many citizens are pushing back to keep them.

Virginia Citizens Defense League President Philip Van Cleave recently told the Washington Free Beacon that 20 Virginia counties have declared themselves Second Amendment sanctuary counties.

"I've never seen anything like this, and I've been doing this for over 20 years," he said. "It's a sleeping giant that had been pretty much not paying attention to politics, and now they're awake, and now they're flooding these sanctuary county hearings. Flooding them."

"It's sending a huge message to the General Assembly that a lot of the state does not want more gun control, certainly none of the crap that they're pushing that does nothing but affect law abiding citizens," he said. "It doesn't do anything for criminals."

The legislative attack against gun rights was among the items cited by Democratic Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam in November when Democrats swept into total control of Virginia's legislature, according to The Washington Post.

At the time, he said the state would push for gun control laws calling for universal background checks, banning the sale of so-called "assault weapons" and high-capacity magazines, restoring the law that limits purchases to one gun a month, and imposing a red flag law to remove guns from those a court deems at risk.

“We will at least start with those,” he said.

Asked if he would take so-called "assault weapons" from their owners, Northam said, “That’s something I’m working [on] with our secretary of public safety. I’ll work with the gun violence activists, and we’ll work [on] that. I don’t have a definitive plan today.”

Read More: https://www.wnd.com/2019/12/virginia-democrats-reportedly-beginning-effort-confiscate-lawfully-owned-firearms/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=wnd&utm_campaign=w jstudio&utm_content=2019-12-04&fbclid=IwAR1bw2i1zCsx1AgkP1LhE4LjiGz_MRu-CiUbFQ-3AHCz__0OClMQ3aMlayg

My Thoughts:

With the number of 2A Sanctuary cities and counties rising up all over Virginia, they might take the teeth away from those anti gun people in Richmond.

Virginia sheriff promises to “deputize thousands” if necessary to protect their “right to own firearms”

The sheriff of Culpeper County, Virginia deserves the praise of every American who holds the Second Amendment near and dear to their hearts. In the wake of numerous gun control proposals from incoming Democrat lawmakers, Sheriff Scott Jenkins has hit back, promising to deputize thousands of his constituents should any bill threaten their constitutional right to own firearms and thereby impact their ability to defend themselves and their loved ones.

Recently, a seven member board of county legislators voted unanimously to declare Culpeper County a Second Amendment Constitutional County (otherwise known as a Second Amendment sanctuary county).

Second Amendment Constitutional Counties pledge, through resolutions passed in their various legislative bodies, to not expend undue resources on the enforcement of laws they feel violate the Second Amendment.

Speaking in front of a packed house at the Culpeper Board of Supervisors Tuesday morning meeting, the sheriff had this to say:

“The right to bear arms—some believe that the Second Amendment gives us that right, when in fact it’s a God-given right. If you don’t believe in God, it’s a law of nature that every creature can defend their lives from threats,” Jenkins said.

“If the legislature decides to restrict certain weapons [in a way] I feel harms our community, I will swear in thousands of auxiliary deputies in Culpeper,” Jenkins said. “There’s no limit to the number of people I can swear in.” The sheriff added, “Personally, I don’t think some of the bills that are proposed will pass, I don’t think we’re that far left in Virginia.”

Jenkins is serving his third term in the elected office. According to the Culpeper Star-Exponent, he would not refuse to enforce laws he disagreed with but instead would work around them through a process of deputization.

Virginia has been making the news ever since their legislature, the Virginia General Assembly, fell into the hands of Democrats. It didn’t take long for these new legislators to flex their muscles by prefiling a number of gun control bills for review during the upcoming 2020 legislative session.

Here’s a brief rundown on some their most pernicious proposals:

Senate Bill 16 would make possession of semi-automatic rifles with a fixed capacity of more than 10 rounds illegal and would additionally prohibit possession of any rifle with a pistol grip or second hand grip. Threadedreaded barrel barrels on both pistols and rifles would also be banned. Pistols with detachable magazines would be subject to a weight limit of 50 ounces. This proposal effectively outlaws the private ownership of AR-15s. They would be seized by law enforcement officers.

0Senate Bill 18 would make it illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to buy any firearm. Children under the age of 18 would be banned from using a firearm without adult supervision. Some critics of the bill argue that it would make self defense technically illegal for minors.

Senate Bill 64 is perhaps the most troubling of the proposals. This proposal would potentially make firearm instructors liable for the way students use weapons in the future. Should a student end up misusing a firearm for some criminal act, his former instructor could be found guilty of felonious paramilitary activity. Critics argue it could have a chilling effect on gun safety courses.

These bills are currently prefiled in the Virginia General Assembly, and that’s partly what led to Jenkins’ decision to speak out. He further elaborated on his views in a Facebook post yesterday afternoon.

Here’s what Sheriff Scott Jenkins had to say:

“Every Sheriff and Commonwealth Attorney in Virginia will see the consequences if our General Assembly passes further unnecessary gun restrictions. “Red Flag” laws without due process will create enormous conflict as well.

America has more guns than citizens and murder has long been illegal. At best, the proposed gun restrictions will disarm or handicap our law-abiding in their defense and possibly cause a criminal to choose another tool for evil.

I’d like to thank our Board of Supervisors for their resolution of support of our citizen’s natural right to self defense as protected by our Constitutions. My office will always encourage and support our citizens in firearms training, concealed carry permits, and the ability to defend themselves and their families.

I remain very optimistic that our General Assembly will not pass the proposed bills. Obviously, if passed, there are many of us willing to challenge these laws through the courts. In addition, if necessary, I plan to properly screen and deputize thousands of our law-abiding citizens to protect their constitutional right to own firearms.”

-Sheriff Scott Jenkins

“A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves…and include all men capable of bearing arms.” (1788)

-Richard Henry Lee

Read More: https://nationalistreview.net/2019/12/05/virginia-sheriff-promises-to-deputize-thousands-if-necessary-to-protect-their-right-to-own-firearms/?fbclid=IwAR2yf9TInnbm5qtIFKuCRFOa60ZwXBO4WmL-Lln9vuB88GlnridEp2eVx0Q

My Thoughts:

Hopefully VA will have more people like this man to stand up to the anti-gun Democrats in Richmond.

Mathews County VA Second Amendment Sanctuary County petition info

To everyone in Mathews County VA there are petitions around the County to make Mathews a Second Amendment Sanctuary County to fight against the Democrats in Richmond who are going to pass a bill to require that everyone who owns an AR-15 and other firearms that will be in it to let them be confiscated.

Gloucester County already passed their Second Amendment Sanctuary County bill.

Please pass this on to everyone you know in Mathews County, even if you don't live in Mathews County.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

We need 50,000+ gun owners to show up in Richmond on January 20th to support the 2nd Amendment and rally with the VCDL Page - Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. on the steps of the Capitol Building. RICHMOND IS COMING FOR YOUR GUNS! Please Stand up and stop this NOW! Visit VCDL.org for more information about the Lobby Day Event. 8am to Lobby at the General Assembly and the Rally at 11am on the steps of the Capitol! Smash the share button.

What’s really screwed up is, if the morons in Richmond give the sanctuary cities a pass when it concerns illegals, then what’s their problem with a 2A sanctuary city where it comes to our 2A rights.

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    What’s really screwed up is, if the morons in Richmond give the sanctuary cities a pass when it concerns illegals, then what’s their problem with a 2A sanctuary city where it comes to our 2A rights.
    Three guesses.

~ If You Have Not Been Born Twice, And Never Do Get Born Twice, The Day Will Come When You Will Wish That You Had Never Been Born At All ~
    Comfort One Another With These Words Also...There Will Not Be Another Generation

Virginia turns Anti-Gun overnight with Bloomberg – Waste no time with gun confiscation SB16,18,64

A must-watch. Seriously, a must-watch.

Video: https://youtu.be/LiuqkEag57Y

When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is liberty.

Virginia Sheriff Vows to ‘Deputize Thousands’ to Defend Gun Rights

Comfort One Another With These Words Also...There Will Not Be Another Generation

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast