‘They’ve Awoken a Giant’: 20+ Virginia Counties Become 2A Sanctuaries Overnight - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: ‘They’ve Awoken a Giant’: 20+ Virginia Counties Become 2A Sanctuaries Overnight

Jerry Falwell, Jr. May Call for 'Civil Disobedience' if Virginia Passes New Gun Control Laws

~ If You Have Not Been Born Twice, And Never Do Get Born Twice, The Day Will Come When You Will Wish That You Had Never Been Born At All ~
    Ready or Not...WE ARE THE LAST GENERATION...Are You Ready?
    (1948-2028)

Trump criticizes Virginia gun control measures, says rights under 'attack'

U.S. President Donald Trump said on Friday that the United States’ Constitution, which gives Americans the right to keep and bear firearms, was being attacked in the state of Virginia.

“Your 2nd Amendment is under very serious attack in the Great Commonwealth of Virginia,” Trump wrote in a post on Twitter.

Trump’s comment comes as Virginia lawmakers move toward enacting tougher gun laws and gun control activists report an increase in online death threats ahead of a rally on Monday by arms enthusiasts that authorities fear could become violent.

Read More: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-rally-trump/trump-criticizes-virginia-gun-control-measures-says-rights-under-attack-idUSKBN1ZG2JU?fbclid=IwAR0Z8YZjmPNEIN39SQwl9mEmbw1 L8tsXxgfmTNKAWs18vwx5h2HEPHYNRtI

My Thoughts:
    So my question is - What is he going to do about it..?

The President’s Greatest Responsibility ie. number 1 job is to make sure the United States Constitution is protected and upheld. The president takes this oath “I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

Gun control bills passed by Virginia’s Senate Judiciary Committee

Virginia’s Senate Judiciary Committee passed several gun control bills Monday morning.

Those bills tackle everything from universal background checks (S. B. 70- Background Checks), one gun a month limit, (S.B. 69- One-Gun-a-Month Limit), red flag laws, firearms and ammunition to be controlled by localities (S.B. 35- Local Authority), as well as firearms being restricted at public events.

Each bill was brought before the committee and discussed at length with some amendments included. For five minutes opposers and supporters were able to speak on the bills.

A majority of opposers said the bills will only impact the law-abiding citizens and not the criminals. Whereas supporters said the bills will help in limiting violence and keeping Virginia safe.

In the next step of the process, the bills will head to the full chamber where more debate and discussion will take place.

For many years, Democrats cried foul when gun control bills quickly failed in Republican-controlled committees. Now, with control of both the house, senate, and the governorship, gun control have been named one of their top priorities.

The NRA released a statement following the approval of the slew of gun bills.+

“Regrettably, Virginia lawmakers approved a series of measures today that will make it harder for law-abiding Virginians to protect themselves, while doing nothing to stop criminals,” said NRA spokesperson Catherine Mortensen. “We are pleased one of the most egregious gun confiscation bills was pulled from consideration. The NRA will continue our work with lawmakers to find solutions that address the root cause of violent crime, rather than punishing honest, hardworking Virginians.”

Read More: https://wtvr.com/2020/01/13/gun-control-bills-passed-by-virginias-senate-judiciary-committee/amp/?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR1Z6fC6TahJCu SS5u4wpNEg2fBFwhqhVdf6-MvX2lV9mNjgF7tehcTgw4I

My Thoughts:

"Gun Control" legislation ONLY affects law abiding citizens, quite often turning those citizens into criminals. California passed bills outlawing hundreds of types of semi-automatic rifle & pistols, it's estimated that maybe 5% of the owners of those types of weapons turned them in or disposed of them, the other 95% are now criminals. The Gun Control Act of 1968 required that anyone who sold guns for a profit had to obtain a Federal Firearms License, a couple of years later BATF raided Collinsville flea market and arrested dozens of old men who had been trading (and selling) guns and knives all their lives. Those old country gentlemen had become criminals without even knowing it and all of them paid with felony convictions and or losing their right to legally keep and bear arms. Did GCA 1968 affect crime, yes, it increased the number of criminals, did it make the country safer - I DON'T THINK SO, just look at statistics.

VA Dems Introduce Ammo Tax, Partial Hunting Ban

Friday is the deadline for lawmakers to file legislation in Virginia, which means we have three more days for legislators to introduce even more bills attacking the right to keep and bear arms, as well as the longstanding traditions of rural Virginians.

Some of the latest bills to be introduced do exactly that. HB 960, for instance, would impose a new tax on firearms and ammunition in the state, with the proceeds going to hire school counselors and psychologists. I’m certainly not opposed to more mental health counselors in our schools, but this seems like something that the entire community should be paying for, not just gun owners.

Besides, since the goal of gun control advocates like Del. Mark Levine is to reduce the number of legal gun owners, it seems odd that he would try to raise the funds for additional counselors by tapping into what he hopes will be a declining revenue stream. My suspicion is that this has less to do with raising money for school counselors and more to do with making it more expensive to exercise a constitutional right.

Another bill that’s sure to cause controversy in rural Virginia is SB 886, which would put so many restrictions on hunting with dogs that it would be be impossible to comply. From the bill’s summary:

Prohibits a dog owner from allowing his dog to run at large on the property of another after the landowner has given notice to the dog owner to keep dogs off the property. The bill provides for a civil penalty of $100 per dog enforced by animal control, conservation police, and other law-enforcement officers and a civil penalty of $250 per occurrence for a second or subsequent occurrence. The bill contains an exception to the penalty if the dog’s owner or custodian releases the dog on property measuring 500 acres or more that is owned or leased by him or on which he has written permission to hunt.

The bill provides that the release of a hunting dog on a public road or on either side of such road within 100 feet of the centerline is a Class 4 misdemeanor. The bill also requires a hunter of game other than fox or raccoon, when going on prohibited lands to retrieve his dog, to obtain the permission of the owner or occupant of the property before entering such prohibited lands. A violation of such is a Class 4 misdemeanor.

Finally, the bill makes it a Class 4 misdemeanor to discharge a firearm or bow within 75 feet of either side of the centerline of a road. Current law prohibits such discharge in or across any road, within the right-of-way thereof, or in a street of any city or town. The bill includes technical changes.

There are lots of guys who hunt with dogs where I live, and if you’re one of them, it’s absolutely a way of life. I’m not, so it’s something I tolerate, even when their hounds come baying across my fields and get distracted by my goats or chase after my chickens. My attitude is I chose to move here, and this has been a way of life far longer than I’ve owned my farm. I have my no trespassing signs, but every now and then I do end up going out and talking to a hunter parked on my driveway or at the edge of my property.

Other rural residents are not as tolerant. They can’t stand the dogs running through their woods and pastures, and they get concerned when they drive by hunters on the side of the road who are waiting for their dogs to drive a deer out into the open shoulder where they can take a shot.

It’s a divisive issue in rural Virginia, and the fact that northern Virginia Democrat Dave Marsden introduced the bill instead of a more rural representative will only deepen the divide. Back in 2017, a similar measure offered by the Republican Speaker of the House was narrowly defeated in a 48-47 vote. If I had to hazard a guess, I’d say this year the proposal is likely to pass, despite the bill’s inability to address several issues, including what happens to the thousands of hunting dogs in the state if you can no longer hunt with dogs?

We may very well see more bills like this dropping in the next couple of days as the filing deadline approaches. In the meantime, if you’re a Virginia gun owner make sure you’re keeping up the contact with your state senator and delegate and urging them to oppose Ralph Northam’s agenda targeting the state’s legal gun owners.

Read More: https://bearingarms.com/came/2020/01/15/va-dems-ammo-tax-hunting-ban/?fbclid=IwAR1T3aUf7PwyEtsHgDQ1Vob1EscyVYwzhhc1CNJ_ sLleEBpnbmtcep3RkSM

My Thoughts:

There is no reason for any of these bills....they are all precursors as base line to be EXPANDED at a later date when they are solidly in power again. Public safety is a shame reason.

At this point in history liberals ought to tread lightly.

Facts show that the voting turnout was low. Yes, thanks to Northam and cronies the sleeping conservatives have crawled out of their caves.
    This is a prediction of dire consequences to the left... The military be it active duty or National Guard do not believe in an unarmed society.

If the left truly wanted this country to succeed they would have tossed in the towel and said all right, let’s work together. They haven't. If they push it everyone will be hurt. The Soros' and Bloomberg's are older now and will not live to see the impact of their wasted dollars. America will survive this crisis with or without them.

The left should be warned... You are pissing off combat vets and Law Enforcement... That will not do your bidding. Don't be a bit surprised if come Monday those assigned to gate duty turn their backs and allow all to enter. Will they draw down on a retired LEO they know? How about 10 of us together?

Bet they have orders to deploy tear gas... Bet the militia has gas masks... Checkmate.

Who will fire the opening round? Or will those who have come to peacefully protest be allowed to do so...and leave?
    The constitution does not guarantee me my guns... It guarantees the government can't take them by any trickery or law.

Good luck Mr. Governor... You might want to stay under your desk a while.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Antifa Group Plans To March Alongside Pro-Gun Protesters In Virginia

~ If You Have Not Been Born Twice, And Never Do Get Born Twice, The Day Will Come When You Will Wish That You Had Never Been Born At All ~
    (1948-2028)

Watch Live: Pro-2A Americans Come to Virginia to Rally for Gun Rights

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...or-gun-rights/

-2020-01-19.jpg

(1948-2028)

From what I've read and seen it was a very peaceful and orderly protest with no incidents. We'll see how the MSM portrays it on their stations.
    Why are you worried about holding up the targets for me? It' s a 9mm!

Interesting comparison

Seeing that Northam wants to restrict gun ownership in VA saying it will reduce gun crimes, let’s take a look at one of the most restrictive states in the US.

Maryland has a gun crime rate of 10.6 per 100K of gun crimes, whereas Virginia has a gun crime rate of 5.2 per 100K.

So which state is better off by leaving the gun restrictions alone, it’s not a hard question to answer is it?
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Pro-Gun Videos

No, You Really Can't Disarm America
    https://youtu.be/b7JCvx24Irk

Why Is The ATF Enforcing A Rule That Doesn't Exist?
    https://youtu.be/ifNRlysBgLs

Gun Sales Up For Third Straight Month. Is This a New Trend?
    https://youtu.be/PvchARSMDDA

When the Second Amendment Is A Privilege, Not A Right
    https://youtu.be/Pca7sh4cMqQ

Everything You Need to Know About SCOTUS's Next Gun Case
    https://youtu.be/dlz9-beubPQ

Defending the Second Amendment In Courts to Counties
    https://youtu.be/RJR1ISnwg9E

Gun Owners Prepare For The Worst After Virginia Election
    https://youtu.be/EvMMa1FHKbs

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast