Journalist blames guns for crime in NY
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Journalist blames guns for crime in NY

Journalist blames guns for crime in NY

Read this article and tell me what your views are on this journalists remarks on guns and crime...

BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | Cop for a day

The writer needs to do some research as to where the criminals actually get their guns! As they point out, NY already has some of the toughest gun laws and that has not stopped the gun violence. If you ban guns in the US, criminals will smuggle them from Mexico or elsewhere on the boats that come to our shores, while an honest citizen will be unarmed! We can't stop the illegal aliens from coming into our country, so I'm sure guns are much easier to hide than a human! Just really sad that people choose not to use their brains to really think about the issue of how a gun comes to killing someone, instead they just say guns are the root of all evil!
    "You must prove you feared for your life. Pee in your pants."
    -Someone on this site!

The author's research is definately flawed. Most strikingly is the the statistic about 140 officers being shot and killed in the line of duty last year! The actual grand total of officers shot and killed in the line of duty for the year 2008 is 36. The total number of officers killed in the line of duty for 2008 is 132. 39 of those deaths were traffic accidents. Source;

The Officer Down Memorial Page, Inc.

Obviously this is one person's opinion who is definately anti RKBA.

Is the research flawed or is he just out right telling a lie. Some people never let the truth get in the way of their agenda.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Is the research flawed or is he just out right telling a lie. Some people never let the truth get in the way of their agenda.
    Brother, we are seeing that more and more every day.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    That's exactly right. Many journalists never let the truth get in the way of a good story that fits their agenda. It's one of the main reasons I despise the media. BTW it's the bbc, so no surprise there for me!
    Last edited by .45_4me; 02-16-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Someone blaming guns for crime is is as flawed a concept as blaming Journalist for illiterate people.... Maybe someone should submit a editorial comment and post just that.
    Last edited by Sheldon; 02-17-2009 at 10:06 AM.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Someone blaming guns for crime is is as flawed a concept as blaming Journalist for illiterate people.... Maybe someone should submit a editorial comment and post just that.
    Journalists don't cause illiteracy, they just make me wish I was illiterate.

You know if guns cause crime then I guess cars cause drunk drivers.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

The National Rifle Association "buys" a majority of congressmen as easily as killers buy bullets.
    That makes me ashamed of my Life Membership. It does. Really. Honest.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast