Texas Working on Plan For Potential Collapse of Mexican Government
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas Working on Plan For Potential Collapse of Mexican Government

Exclamation Texas Working on Plan For Potential Collapse of Mexican Government

From The El Paso Times last week; this is apparently the article Glenn Beck intends to reference on his show Monday:

AUSTIN — Texas officials are working on a plan to respond to a potential collapse of the Mexican government and the specter of thousands fleeing north in fear for their lives after recent reports indicated the country could be on the verge of chaos.

“You hope for the best, plan for the worst,” Katherine Cesinger, spokeswoman for Gov. Rick Perry, said last week. “At this point, we’ve got a contingency plan that’s in development.”

The difference in Leadership between Louisiana (D) and Texas (R)
    Late last year the U.S. Department of Defense issued a report that listed Pakistan and Mexico as countries that could rapidly collapse. The report came after similar alarms sounded by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and former U.S. drug czar Barry McCaffrey. “I think their fears are well-grounded,” Texas Home land Security Director Steve McCraw told lawmakers recently at a border security briefing.

Lawmakers expressed concern that the state’s southern neighbor, embroiled in drug violence and facing uncertain economic conditions, could send thousands north in search of safety.

State Sen. Dan Patrick, R-Sugarland, asked McCraw at the meeting whether Texas had a plan to cope with such a situation. “We have a preliminary plan,” McCraw said. “There needs to be one in place.”

McCraw, a Perry appointee, was unavailable to comment for this story, but Cesinger said the plan was in early stages. It now deals with only law enforcement concerns, she said, and not any potential crush of humanitarian needs the state might face if thousands of refugees flood across the border. “That might be something that comes into consideration as it’s developed,” Cesinger said.

Destabilization in Mexico might be only a remote possibility, but lawmakers said preparing for any potential disaster is prudent.

State Sen. John Carona, R-Dallas, said Texas should plan to deal with not only security concerns but also basic needs refugees would have for housing, health care and food. “It seems very far-fetched that something like this could occur,” he said. “At the same time, I think it would be naive to believe it’s impossible.” El Paso Democratic state Sen. Eliot Shapleigh said El Paso is already seeing refugees from the violence in Juárez.

More than 1,600 died in the drug violence there last year, and the bloodbath continues. More than 200 people have been slain so far this year. Nearly 50 victims of the violence in Juárez were shuttled to Thomason Hospital for treatment last year. And Shapleigh said many people from Juárez who can afford to are moving north to El Paso.

Developing a contingency plan to deal with a potential Mexican downfall makes sense, he said. “Better to investigate, examine and plan now, rather than make ad hoc decisions later,” Shapleigh said.
    Last edited by lukem; 02-17-2009 at 09:37 PM.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

“You hope for the best, plan for the worst,” Katherine Cesinger, spokeswoman for Gov. Rick Perry, said last week. “At this point, we’ve got a contingency plan that’s in development.”

That is what I am doing. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

That is what I am doing. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Yeah, but when the government stocks up on weapons and food, it's for National Security.
    When we stock up, we are terrrorists.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Lightbulb Time to annex!

I believe that we should announce a plan to annex Mexico if the government fails.

That should put a spring in the step of the Mexican government and get them moving in a positive direction. If they fail to take control of the situation, and the government does collapse, then we solve several problems in one go. First, no more illegal Mexican aliens, because now they have the rights and the responsibilities of the rest of us. Second, our new, much shorter southern border with Guatemala and Belize would be considerably easier to defend. Third, there are lots of resources in Mexico that I believe the United States would be able to exploit to help all of us.

Plus, maybe we might finally have a chance in the World Cup!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

that would make it one step closer to a north american union
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Exclamation Gotta disagree, Scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    that would make it one step closer to a north american union
    A north american union would be forcing the United States and her people to bend to the will of an extra-sovereign group of laws. Instead, by annexing, we would be bringing more states into the union that met OUR standards. They're here anyway; let's make'em pay taxes for the privilege.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

9. How about set up a 25 mile wide "no man's land seperated every five miles with barbed wire prison fences and various threats they have to get by like land mines, dogs, machine gun fire, lions, tigers and bears, an alligator moat or whatever. Anyone that makes it through automatically gets ctizenship.

I say "fire the FPL" and leave it at that....

M203's and MkXIV's cover the dead space. No worries.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Quote Originally Posted by FOXBARON View Post
    lions, tigers and bears,
    Oh, my!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast