Sample Letter- Edit and Mail Out ASAP!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sample Letter- Edit and Mail Out ASAP!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan View Post
    Just Found This:

Crime up Down Under
    Since Australia's gun ban, armed robberies increase 45%

{SNIP**

Jon E. Dougherty is a Missouri-based writer and the author of "Illegals: The Imminent Threat Posed by Our Unsecured U.S.-Mexico Border."
    A word of caution. Yes the numbers are the same, that does not make them correct. He could easily be using the same bad source, and I suspect he is. I don't have a reference at hand but I'm reasonably sure that somewhere in the past few months I've seen these same numbers and they were debunked. As Mark Twain said, 'There are lies, damned lies and statistics.' If i'm wrong I will apologize, the only cost is a little more research to get the right number.

My only concern is that before people fire off letters to the legislature we get the numbers right. Our opponents like nothing more than finding bogus statistics and using them to invalidate our argument no matter how logically correct it is.
    Last edited by johnsteele; 02-19-2009 at 09:36 AM.
    John - KJ4NSE
    Member NRA | GCO | GOA | SAF | ARRL
    Why would God invent something like whiskey? To keep the Irish from ruling the world of course.

3. You are welcome. My letters to all my state senators and representatives went out this morning. I suggest you al do likewise. I'll bet some of the democrat reps my state has have dart boards on their office walls with my name in the bulls-eye.

4. Quote Originally Posted by johnsteele View Post
    A word of caution. Yes the numbers are the same, that does not make them correct. He could easily be using the same bad source, and I suspect he is. I don't have a reference at hand but I'm reasonably sure that somewhere in the past few months I've seen these same numbers and they were debunked. As Mark Twain said, 'There are lies, damned lies and statistics.' If i'm wrong I will apologize, the only cost is a little more research to get the right number.

My only concern is that before people fire off letters to the legislature we get the numbers right. Our opponents like nothing more than finding bogus statistics and using them to invalidate our argument no matter how logically correct it is.
    let us know please if you find more correct info. thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12