This is Interesting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is Interesting

This is Interesting

I found this as a post on theobamaforum.com , I would buy a truckload for the price this idiot quoted.
    .50 caliber rifle Sale to Civilian
    Although primarily used by militaries around the world, the .50 caliber sniper rifle and its various types of ammunition are readily available to the public. Forbes Magazine has noted that the number of manufacturers of these sniper rifles for sale to civilians has increased from one in 1987 to possibly as many as 24 today.20 The boom in interest in the weapon propels this increased number of manufacturers. Drastic reduction in price of the .50 caliber rifle has stimulated increased sale and access to the weapons.21 A government study found that a used .50 caliber BMG sniper rifle can be purchased online for just $29.95

While there is no evidence that the .50 caliber sniper rifle was designed for recreational use, its manufacturers have often labeled it as a sporting rifle to legitimize their sale of this deadly weapon to the public. Curt Bartlett, former Chief of the Firearms Technical Branch at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, illustrated just how inappropriate the .50 caliber sniper rifle is for sport when he said, “anything bigger would be getting into the range of cannons.”23 Ronnie Barrett, creator and CEO of a major manufacturer of .50 caliber sniper rifles, even dared to call the weapon a “toy.”24 Unfortunately, along with everyday citizens, potential terrorists and other violent individuals have easy access to these sniper “toys” at gun stores, over the internet, at gun shows and through person-to-person sales.

wolfhunter Guest
    [QUOTE=CCW357;63505]I found this as a post on theobamaforum.com , I would buy a truckload for the price this idiot quoted.
    .50 caliber rifle Sale to Civilian
    Although primarily used by militaries around the world, the .50 caliber sniper rifle and its various types of ammunition are readily available to the public. Forbes Magazine has noted that the number of manufacturers of these sniper rifles for sale to civilians has increased from one in 1987 to possibly as many as 24 today.20 The boom in interest in the weapon propels this increased number of manufacturers. Drastic reduction in price of the .50 caliber rifle has stimulated increased sale and access to the weapons.21 A government study found that a used .50 caliber BMG sniper rifle can be purchased online for just $29.95<edited>QUOTE]

This must be from the same government study that shows throwing money at our economic problem will fix it. After all, it didn't work in the 1930's, so it should work this time.
    Last edited by wolfhunter; 02-18-2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: grammar

I would like to know where I can find such a rifle at that price. I'm thinking that they found one of those "made in China" airsoft replica guns.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I would like to know where I can find such a rifle at that price. I'm thinking that they found one of those "made in China" airsoft replica guns.

gf
    Even an Airsoft replica Barrett would be fun.

I don't think you can even get an Airsoft gun for that price.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Possibly looking at a Gunbroker auction but failed to see the reserve wasn't met. I've had to point this out to a couple of people. Just another scare tactic used by those who can't find actual facts.

8. The gov that pays $1500 for toilet seats and hammers says I can get a .50 for $29.95. Now thats got to be a good deal

At that price I'll take one for every room and both of my trucks, that way when the black choppers come......

I'll take 10....

But the cheapest .50 BMG I have seen to date is real close to 2 grand and this is for a single shot.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

he did say it was a sniper toy for 29.95 it probably is one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast