Reply From Senator
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reply From Senator

Reply From Senator

Got a reply from one of my senators about her vote for the attorney general.

Thank you . . .

. . for contacting me about the confirmation of U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder. I understand your concerns.

As you may know, Attorney General Holder was confirmed by the Senate on February 2, 2009. While I understand your opposition to his appointment, I feel he is extremely talented and the best qualified person for the task of heading up the Justice Department.

Attorney General Holder received strong support from former White House officials of several administrations, civil rights organizations, law enforcement organizations, community service support groups, and crimes victims' advocates. He has an outstanding record of service and will serve the people of the United States with integrity. I will monitor Attorney General Holder's performance, and make sure to keep your views in mind should any related legislation come before me for a vote.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

sounds like the crap response I got from mine. friggin sheep
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

In other words he like most of them does not care what we think.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Translated:

I got your letter/email/phone call/fax.

Yada Yada Yada

Please feel free to send me more valueless input, we in the nobility get such a laugh out of this stuff from the peasantry.

"Your" Senator
    John - KJ4NSE
    Member NRA | GCO | GOA | SAF | ARRL
    Why would God invent something like whiskey? To keep the Irish from ruling the world of course.

I got a very similar (standard response) letter from our other Democratic U.S. Senator, Carl Levin. Eric Holder is just the AG that D. Stabenow and C. Levin are looking for... anti 2nd Amendment.
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Canned answers

It does look like the Michigan Senators did send a "Form Letter" to all of us her in Michigan...

January 27, 2009

Mr. RicBak
    Northwest Territories, OC, Mi

Thank you . . .

. . for contacting me about the nomination of Eric Holder to be the next Attorney General of the United States. I understand your concerns.

Mr. Holder's nomination will come before the Senate Judiciary Committee when the 111th Congress convenes in the new year. I fully expect that my colleagues on this committee will vigorously question Mr. Holder about his background and qualifications. Should this nominee come before me for a vote, I will certainly keep your views in mind.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you and your family.

Sincerely,
    Debbie Stabenow
    United States Senator
    Semper Fi

Angry At least you got a response.

I wrote my rep Rosa DeLauro concerning Geitner, Holder, AND HR 45(?). I received zilch. Needless to say I will be volunteering quite a bit of time this year and next for anyone who decides to run against her. since she is already as anti 2A as is humanly possible, it will be easy to support someone else.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    I wrote my rep Rosa DeLauro concerning Geitner, Holder, AND HR 45(?). I received zilch. Needless to say I will be volunteering quite a bit of time this year and next for anyone who decides to run against her. since she is already as anti 2A as is humanly possible, it will be easy to support someone else.
    Stay on her!!! Your certainly not afaid to speak up to one of us if we step out line...LOL AS for Helping out, I too, have decided to get involved against Ms. Stab_me_now over the next year. (She is up for re-election in 2010) I am sure that alot of dems were coattail dems and will not be able to carry there seats in the next elections. It is up to us to make sure that swing does happen. Go get 'er 007!
    Semper Fi

Here is the letter that I received today from Sen. John Ensign (R,NV).

Dear

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the nomination of Eric H. Holder, Jr., for Attorney General of the United States. I appreciate the opinion of every Nevadan and am always grateful to those who take the time to inform me of their views.

As you know, President Obama has selected Eric H. Holder, Jr., to be our next Attorney General. I believe that Mr. Holder was a highly questionable choice. Although he has an extensive résumé and relevant experience, I could not support his appointment to be the chief law enforcement officer in the United States.

Sound ethical judgment and political independence are two qualities required of an Attorney General. Mr. Holder's record and many of his professional decisions gave me serious doubt that he was an appropriate choice for this important position. While Deputy Attorney General in the Clinton administration, Mr. Holder made several decisions that demonstrated a lack of good judgment and an inability to resist political pressure. As Deputy Attorney General, he recommended a pardon for Marc Rich, a fugitive wanted for tax evasion who brokered oil deals with Iran during the Iranian hostage crisis. He also supported clemency for members of a Puerto Rican terrorist group responsible for a New York City restaurant bombing and a bus attack that killed two U.S. Navy sailors and wounded nine others.

In addition, Mr. Holder's position on the Second Amendment and national security is unsettling. Mr. Holder's record indicates that he believes the right to bear arms is a collective right for law enforcement purposes and not an inherent constitutional right for all law-abiding individuals. His support of the District of Columbia's gun ban, recently ruled unconstitutional, and other national gun control laws is very worrisome. Furthermore, Mr. Holder refused to take a position on what to do with prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, an issue that is very contentious and a high priority considering the administration's call to close the prison within the year.

It is my hope that Attorney General Holder will exercise good judgment and work ethically to keep our country safe and enforce our nation's laws. I will monitor his progress to ensure that this happens. The Senate confirmed Mr. Holder on February 2, 2009, by a vote of 75-21.

Once again, thank you for contacting me on this very important issue. Should you have any other questions or would like to sign up for my monthly newsletter, please feel free to write or e-mail me via my website at John Ensign, United States Senator of Nevada: Home.

Sincerely,

JOHN ENSIGN

United States Senator

Thumbs up You got it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Stay on her!!! Your certainly not afaid to speak up to one of us if we step out line...LOL AS for Helping out, I too, have decided to get involved against Ms. Stab_me_now over the next year. (She is up for re-election in 2010) I am sure that alot of dems were coattail dems and will not be able to carry there seats in the next elections. It is up to us to make sure that swing does happen. Go get 'er 007!

Maybe I'll do it Wolverine Style!!!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast