SEARS fires Alaskan for conceal and carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SEARS fires Alaskan for conceal and carry

1. Unless I missed the signs, and I usually look, I don't think Sears is posted. That would make it legal by TN law to carry in the store. Now if they specifically deny employees the right to carry due to company policy, that may be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by rrc1962 View Post
    Unless I missed the signs, and I usually look, I don't think Sears is posted. That would make it legal by TN law to carry in the store. Now if they specifically deny employees the right to carry due to company policy, that may be a different story.
    I haven't shopped at Sears in years, but now I am REALLY not shopping at Sears!
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

Quote Originally Posted by rrc1962 View Post
    Unless I missed the signs, and I usually look, I don't think Sears is posted. That would make it legal by TN law to carry in the store. Now if they specifically deny employees the right to carry due to company policy, that may be a different story.
    It's not about prohibiting customers from CC, it's about their company policy and how they treated a 5 year employee for CC on the job. If this could happen in one of the most gun friendly states in the nation, I'm wondering how things would go in a place that's not so pro 2A.

I haven't seen any Sears store posted in my travels. Now that I know that they will embarrass, humiliate and fire employees on the spot for exercising their rights, I will refrain from shopping there unless it's absolutely necessary.

I have a HUGE problem with companies that infringe upon their employees 2A rights.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

5. Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    It's not about prohibiting customers from CC, it's about their company policy and how they treated a 5 year employee for CC on the job. If this could happen in one of the most gun friendly states in the nation, I'm wondering how things would go in a place that's not so pro 2A.

I haven't seen any Sears store posted in my travels. Now that I know that they will embarrass, humiliate and fire employees on the spot for exercising their rights, I will refrain from shopping there unless it's absolutely necessary.

I have a HUGE problem with companies that infringe upon their employees 2A rights.

gf
    I agree that they should not have fired him, but I took it to mean that they had a blanket policy covering firearms in the store, including customers. It's easy to see how it happened. It's a corporate policy and corporate is located in one of the least gun-friendly states. Corporate policy should be adjusted to coexist with local laws and customs.
    Last edited by rrc1962; 02-20-2009 at 12:00 AM.

6. I will USE my sears credit card next time I go TARGET shooting
    Last edited by Alaskan; 02-20-2009 at 02:55 AM.
    IF THEY COME TO GET YOUR GUNS,
    LET THEM HAVE THE BULLETS FIRST!

Exclamation Use a rifle and post a sub moa group on it

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan View Post
    I will USE my sears credit card next time I go TARGET shooting
    Use a rifle and post a sub moa group on it
    We will gladly accept that target in the sub moa club after you edit/delete any personal data.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

there is nothing I can find myself to need at sears. that said, didn't they used to sell guns back in the day?
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

I know they used to sell shotguns and rifles.

The risk of getting fired for packing your weapon is commonplace these days. My question is this: How did they find out to begin with?
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan H View Post
    The risk of getting fired for packing your weapon is commonplace these days. My question is this: How did they find out to begin with?
    some pinko liberal probably saw his piece and said "OMG, he's a gun toting murderer, somebody help!!!"
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast