approved firearms list in DC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: approved firearms list in DC

approved firearms list in DC

I learned today there is apparently a list of approved handguns now in Washington, DC.

Anyone know of this?

Know what's on the list?

The heads up is that I gather if the gun you want to register there is not on the list, then forget about registering it.

I am not from the DC area, but I haven't heard of it.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

wolfhunter Guest

Angry

Who wrote this (Loosely speaking) document. Ms Pelosi?
    An unsafe handgun prohibited under DC Official
    Code 7-2505.04. This provides that beginning
    January 1, 2009, a pistol that is not on the California
    Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale, (also known
    as the California Roster of Handguns Determined
    Not to be Unsafe), may not be manufactured, sold,
    given, loaned, exposed for sale, transferred, or imported
    into the District of Columbia, unless it was

owned and registered before this date.

Semper Fi

The truth comes out.....

So, they are finally preparing to move the capital of the "Liberal States of America" to Kalifornia. How fitting.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Once again, the District spits in the face of the U.S. Supreme Court and D.C. v Heller. D.C. continues to devise any law they think even MIGHT pass constitutional muster. So, they now do not tell you that you cannot register a firearm, they just tell you, in their infinite wisdom, which firearms you may buy. I would assume they want to tell you how MANY you can buy per month, which grip colors are okay, how they will have to have user-only capability, will ban lead bullets, and then outlaw the purchase of extra magazines, bullets, powder, empty cases and primers. Of course, they will introduce mandatory microstamping of the bullets you will not find for sale locally. I am sure this really protects the 2nd amendment guarantee of residents of the District of Columbia.
    Last edited by Vir Quisque Vir; 02-22-2009 at 08:45 AM. Reason: added sentence

Now That There Is A PC Set Of Guns, Does Anybody Know of Anybody With a Non-res CCW?

Question - does anybody know if/how anyone has non-resident CCW for DC? For that matter a resident that has one.
    Orlando, FL

Well, I just scanned the list, and it covers a lot of handguns, it may not cover all, but now the test is whether the crime rate starts to fall with the proliferation of handguns in D.C. Maybe if the crime rate falls the naysayers will open their eyes, or they might just come back with some bull about the cumulative effect of the last 30 years of gun control. We'll just have to see.

Unhappy Not to shoot down your idea, but....

Quote Originally Posted by Tex4oc View Post
    Well, I just scanned the list, and it covers a lot of handguns, it may not cover all, but now the test is whether the crime rate starts to fall with the proliferation of handguns in D.C. Maybe if the crime rate falls the naysayers will open their eyes, or they might just come back with some bull about the cumulative effect of the last 30 years of gun control. We'll just have to see.
    Well, Tex, it hasn't happened yet, has it? This evidence is pretty transparent for those states that have adopted CCW laws thus far, but the gun-grabbers don't really look at evidence that doesn't agree with their agenda. You have to understand that Texan common sense is least common in places like D.C.

Stay strapped and good luck on that OC!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Approved list:

Airsoft
    Rubberbands
    Slingshot

but definitely not a Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast