Reply From My Rep.

Thread: Reply From My Rep.

Reply From My Rep.

Congress of The United States
    House of Representatives
    Washington, DC

Dear Mr. ******

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts and concerns regarding efforts to encroach upon Second Amendment Rights. It is always good to hear from you.

It is unfortunate that a citizen's right to possess a firearm has become so controversial in this country. As you know, the overwhelming majority of gun owners are law-abiding citizens who use their firearms responsibly for sport, hobby, and protection. The tendency by some in the media and academia to demonize gun owners is an insult to our honest, law-abiding gun owners.

It is my firm belief that citizens should not be prohibited from protecting themselves, their family, or their property from harm. We must develop new solutions to old social problems rather than blame violent crime in this country on guns. We should punish criminals and leave innocent people alone. As such, I look forward to having the opportunity to support leaders and legislation that relect the values of law-abiding gun owners.

Again, thank you for sharing your views on this issue with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me again with any concerns you may have.

Sincerely,

Spencer Bachus
    Member of Congress.
    Last edited by Glockster20; 02-24-2009 at 02:14 PM. Reason: My type O's needed correcting.

He seems to talk the talk, but we will see if he can walk the walk. He may have his work cut out for him in the near future. Spelling does not seem to be his strong suit, but he is just a politician, not like he is a teacher.
    LOL
    Semper Fi

The spelling was my error I was typing while reading from the letter and sometimes my fingers don't exactly land where their supposed to
    Last edited by Glockster20; 02-23-2009 at 12:32 PM.

A voice of reason from a Rep., what a thoroughly refreshing concept, no waffling, or double-speak, we might just have a winner here folks!!!

Great letter back. Hopefully he stays true to his word.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

7. Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    We must develop new solutions to old social problems rather than blame violent crime in this country on guns.
    Why do we need a new solution. The old one of having a populace that took personal responsibility for their security and appropriately armed themselves worked very well for hundreds of years.