Sounds like concentration camps... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sounds like concentration camps...

I think it makes sense and see nothing terribly ominous in it's proposal.

Perhaps, like many politicians the sponsor is thinking too small though in granting this project ONLY to Homeland Security.

In fact, I can think of some folks and programs who could use facilities like this. Job Corps super-centers, some variants on a CCC, Universities looking for new campuses/field facilities, a National Firefighting training and base facility for the huge drought-driven wildfire seasons we have had lately, all of these could be interesting alternatives for the base closure program. Obama says they are going to increase the size of the military and prioritize renewable energy programs so maybe we even need a few of them and all of these could be useful to our future as well as programs/functions needing a home.

All of these seem much more practical rather than simply turning them over to developers and over-ambitious city planners wanting to add to their empires.
    Last edited by ecocks; 02-25-2009 at 09:32 PM.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ecocks View Post
    I think it makes sense and see nothing terribly ominous in it's proposal.

Perhaps, like many politicians the sponsor is thinking too small though in granting this project ONLY to Homeland Security.

In fact, I can think of some folks and programs who could use facilities like this. Job Corps super-centers, some variants on a CCC, Universities looking for new campuses/field facilities, a National Firefighting training and base facility for the huge drought-driven wildfire seasons we have had lately, all of these could be interesting alternatives for the base closure program. Obama says they are going to increase the size of the military and prioritize renewable energy programs, all of these could be useful to our future as wel as programs/functions needing a home.

All of these seem much more practical rather than simply turning them over to developers and over-ambitious city planners wanting to add to their empires.
    A National Firefighting center would fall under Homeland Security's jurisdiction. Colleges and Universities can buy property or have it donated by alumni (More economic stimulus than just giving away Federal land).

0bama's going to increase the size of the military? At the same time that he's going to decrease defense spending AND modernize the equipment?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12