Soldier doubts eligibility, defies president's orders - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Soldier doubts eligibility, defies president's orders

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    If he was born in Hawaii, then I could care less if he, as a child, renounced his citizenship because his mother or step-father made him. If it had happened after the age of 18, that might be different. Coming from a dysfunctional family should not be a crime. Continuing that dysfunction, however, can be a crime. His trouncing of our Constitution is, in my opinion, criminal. Just as bad as when Bush did it.

Being from a dysfunctional family isn't a crime. Being an Indonesian citizen in the US without going through Immigration is. Someone might also question the non-US passport he used to make his mid-college world tour.

Talking Again, no hating on the kids.....

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Being from a dysfunctional family isn't a crime. Being an Indonesian citizen in the US without going through Immigration is. Someone might also question the non-US passport he used to make his mid-college world tour.
    Again, if he was born in Hawaii, and he did not renounce his citizenship after age 18, then I couldn't care less. I really don't think that it would be nearly the big issue for those with dual Irish citizenship.

I hate him for his ideas. That is the American way!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

4. Quote Originally Posted by ugarolla View Post
    Oh really? That's funny if you actually look at the document it says county of birth Honolulu, island of birth Oahu. I didn't realize those were Kenya. And you seem to be missing the point sir. I understand this is a certification of birth not a certificate of birth. However, to get one you need the other unless someone forged it. The document has all the official seals/signatures so for it to have been forged would require cooperation from several Hawaiian officials thus making it a conspiracy. Now, either you believe that those individuals conspired to create a fake document or he was born in Honolulu there really isn't any other conclusion a rational person could draw.
    I think you are missing the "real point".

Perhaps the BC he provided is valid, but it has become questionable because it is unlike other birth certificates and doesn't carry the same type of info others do. This normally would probably be no big deal except that he has vigorously fought the release of a "vault copy" of his BC, otherwise known as the "original". He will not allow it to be displayed nor allow a viewing of this document. One has to ask why? This has become an ongoing controversy for no damn reason. Obama can clear this whole thing up in two seconds, if he wants to. Does he continue to fight this just to screw with us or is he actually hiding something? And who is paying for all these lawyers who are representing him and why does he need representation in the first place if he is being honest with us? I believe he doth protest too much.

There is a reason this continues to go on. I for one want the truth. I know he won and he won fair and sqaure as far as I know, I just want to know he is qualified under the tenets of our Constitution. I want to be assurred of that and NO, I will not take his word for it nor the state of Hawaii's either. AS a matter of fact the only answer I will accept at this point is a valid forensic examination of the original document to assure us, that's WE THE PEOPLE" that it has not be altered or created out of whole cloth.

Evereything about this controversy stinks and it stinks because of his refusal to put it to rest. That is what makes us all think we are being lied to and that he may well be occupying the Presidency illegally.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXBARON View Post
    I think you are missing the "real point".

Perhaps the BC he provided is valid, but it has become questionable because it is unlike other birth certificates and doesn't carry the same type of info others do. This normally would probably be no big deal except that he has vigorously fought the release of a "vault copy" of his BC, otherwise known as the "original". He will not allow it to be displayed nor allow a viewing of this document.
    As much as I despise President Obama, what his election means for those of us who live here, and what his political cronies have in store for us, I feel the need to step in on this one. Although a "vault copy" does not seem to have been provided, the certified copy provided DOES match other certificates issued during the time period and the copy provided HAS been authenticated by the Hawaii Department of Health as a valid BC. And this was actually done in June 2008, at least according to the research I was able to do.

You are free of course to research to your personal satisfaction but my personal opinion of this one is that it's a non starter.

PolitiFact | Obama's birth certificate: Final chapter

snopes.com: Barack Obama Birth Certificate

Again, I'm merely expressing my own sentiments on this one matter based on what seems to be pretty fair reporting on other issues by the folks @ politifact.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right." ~ Mark Twain

With all these unanswered questions, and in my mind they are not yet resolved... this is all most as involved as the "Who really killed JFK" group...

Way too many sources are getting quotes from people that swear BO was born in Kenya, and that his mother renounced his citizenship... So just what would it hurt to take these sources as being possibly credible and send in in a non partisan team to check it out???

No president can afford to have doubts about the legitimacy of his administration, I mean even they even audited the Florida ballots and found Bush had won, and publicized the results of that report, why should this be any different...

And I have said it before Snopes is not 100% creditable.
    Last edited by Sheldon; 03-05-2009 at 11:47 AM.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

The problem is that a certified copy of a BC is useless. Every time I've needed a BC they require an original copy and won't accept a certified copy. If I couldn't go on a cruse or get a passport with out an original it seems that a person holding the highest office in the land could produce one. As far as Snopes goes they are great at some things but tend to be bias on some political issues. Bottom line is he hasn't produced a valid original copy and won't address this issue! They have had enough time to manufacture one by now.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    The problem is that a certified copy of a BC is useless. Every time I've needed a BC they require an original copy and won't accept a certified copy. If I couldn't go on a cruse or get a passport with out an original it seems that a person holding the highest office in the land could produce one. As far as Snopes goes they are great at some things but tend to be bias on some political issues. Bottom line is he hasn't produced a valid original copy and won't address this issue! They have had enough time to manufacture one by now.
    "Original Copy" vs "certified copy"? Maybe I used unclear terms. The people at Politifacts, according to their reporting, looked at a birth certificate, with the embossed seal and certification of authenticity from the state of Hawaii, compared it to a known "valid" birth certificate of another individual, questioned the responsible department in Hawaii regarding it's validity and were told it is a valid Hawaii BC, capable of being used to establish place of birth.

Again, just my 2 cents here but, cynical untrusting bastard that I am, the place of birth issue has been credibly answered to my personal satisfaction. I also don't totally trust snopes. That's one of the reasons I posted 2 separate links from 2 different sources, one of which has had people examine the "actual" document.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right." ~ Mark Twain

I agree we need to put this one to bed. Americans need to stop falling victim to all the talking heads and there knee-jerk, red meat, amateur hour politics. I'm tired of hearing people say Obama is a Muslim, Obama this Obama that. I'm sorry, but those of you who do this you sound ignorant to say the least. A political debate in an advanced educated society should be about policy. During these latest elections the style of politics and discourse going on in the general public has been sad. You would think we were living in a third world country with all the lies and bs they were feeding people, and people were taking the bait. Hate Obama all day every day if you'd like, but be informed and criticize the man based on policy not hearsay.
    "Never argue with a fool, they will lower you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

wolfhunter Guest
    Based on policy, 0bama hasn't done a single thing good for his constituents since he decided to run for a public office.

11. Quote Originally Posted by ugarolla View Post
    I agree we need to put this one to bed. Americans need to stop falling victim to all the talking heads and there knee-jerk, red meat, amateur hour politics. I'm tired of hearing people say Obama is a Muslim, Obama this Obama that. I'm sorry, but those of you who do this you sound ignorant to say the least. A political debate in an advanced educated society should be about policy. During these latest elections the style of politics and discourse going on in the general public has been sad. You would think we were living in a third world country with all the lies and bs they were feeding people, and people were taking the bait. Hate Obama all day every day if you'd like, but be informed and criticize the man based on policy not hearsay.
    Sorry, but I at least want to know, WHY he has fought this so hard and so long when he could have easily put it to rest some time ago.

This should have never become a question in the first place, but it did.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast