Disturbing, Anti-American, etc..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disturbing, Anti-American, etc.....

1. If it should be determined that the witness provided false testimony and that the prosecutor was aware of this then not only should the witness be prosecuted for perjury but the prosecutor should also be prosecuted himself and upon conviction should serve the same amount of time in jail that the defendant would have had to serve upon being found guilty.

Just like Nifong should have in the Duke Rape case.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLDoe View Post
    I believe they say he fired the weapon on several occasions.

Also, on the older M-16's (there is a 3-round burst and single shot), I don't know the age of his weapon, but it seems funny that they describe "multiple rounds firing with a single pull of the trigger" and don't quantify it.
    Sorry, on the older M-16s, the selector settings are Safe, Fire, and Auto. The Auto setting didn't limit at three rounds, good training did. Supposedly, many in the 'Nam era were told "put it on Auto and pull the trigger." The 3-round selection was on models newer than 1984.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    ~ The Auto setting didn't limit at three rounds, good training did.
    That is what we called Gun Control.

~ Supposedly, many in the 'Nam era were told "put it on Auto and pull the trigger." The 3-round selection was on models newer than 1984.
    Well, sorta, You had to learn to control that rifle, how fast will a M-16/AR15 burn through a 20 round mag? I did not know that a 3 round burst was available, that's pretty cool. I have not shot one of those thangs since "Nam".....
    Semper Fi

wolfhunter Guest
    I was active from 79 - 86 and was taught 3-5 round burst fire from M16s, M60s, and M2s. I read about the selector being changed from full auto to 3 round burst before I got out, but didn't see the new version until I noticed it on a rifle an MP had at the AF base gate.

Thumbs up Excellent point, Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXBARON View Post
    If it should be determined that the witness provided false testimony and that the prosecutor was aware of this then not only should the witness be prosecuted for perjury but the prosecutor should also be prosecuted himself and upon conviction should serve the same amount of time in jail that the defendant would have had to serve upon being found guilty.

Just like Nifong should have in the Duke Rape case.
    Hear, hear. I have long been a proponent of reciprocal sentencing in cases where willful lying occurred. I believe that the woman should have had the equal sentence that these men would have gotten had they been unlawfully convicted. I also think that Nifong should have been dis-barred.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Thanks

Thanks Wolfhunter, my exp with M-16's dates back to early 90's models.

Can you mod the new AR-15's to fully auto?
    "No matter how one approaches the figures, one is forced to the rather startling conclusion that the use of firearms in crime was very much less when there were no controls of any sort and when anyone, convicted criminal or lunatic, could buy any type of firearm without restriction. Half a century of strict controls on pistols has ended, perversely, with a far greater use of this weapon in crime than ever before."

-- Colin Greenwood

That man needs to have the conviction overturned and reinstated in the Army Reserve with his previous rank and backpay. It's an outrage, immoral, and total abuse of power. Anybody with a semiauto firearm faces this potential threat.

Has the ATF shown exactly what it is that they say he did to modify the receiver on the rifle? That should be the starting point for a case if they're seeking to prove that this was not a malfunction.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLDoe View Post
    Thanks Wolfhunter, my exp with M-16's dates back to early 90's models.

Can you mod the new AR-15's to fully auto?
    The full auto M-16s have one more hole in the receiver than the civilian AR-15s. It's for the sear pin. I'm not sure how the 3-shot version functions compared to the old full autos, but they have a sear pin also, so there are two different lower receiver styles; one with a hole for a sear pin(full auto/3round) and one without (semi-auto only).

The gun in question was an AR-15 not an M-16. When the Govt. tested it, they could not make it repeat the double up. The ATF sent it back to the lab and told them to retest it using ammo with soft, more sensitive primers. After extensive firing they finally got it to malfunction. this was presented to a Totally ignorant carefully selected jury and they convicted him. The judge denied defense evidence and testimony. I believe he was sentenced and is now in prison awaiting appeal and this was done on Bush's watch same as Compion and Ramos.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast