Disturbing, Anti-American, etc.....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disturbing, Anti-American, etc.....

Disturbing, Anti-American, etc.....

"No matter how one approaches the figures, one is forced to the rather startling conclusion that the use of firearms in crime was very much less when there were no controls of any sort and when anyone, convicted criminal or lunatic, could buy any type of firearm without restriction. Half a century of strict controls on pistols has ended, perversely, with a far greater use of this weapon in crime than ever before."

-- Colin Greenwood

This is the first I have heard of this! Now I'm really P'Oed! This is an absolute outrage!!! The DA and police are sweeping it under the rug!! Already a convicted felon and now awaiting sentencing??? Holy crap!! If we don't start standing up for our rights, we are going to lose everything! I find it hard to believe that a jury found him guilty of transferring a machine gun because of a malfunction! How can this happen?? How can we let it happen??? This man does not deserve prison and the conviction needs to be overturned! The government ought to be kissing his ***** and thanking him for his service!

4. Anyone who says that illegal search and seizure of guns won't happen needs to see this. That is exactly what happened to this guy. They broke into his home, FOUND NO ILLEGAL WEAPONS yet still arrested and prosecuted him. If they ban guns, we will all be subject to this sort of thing.

What sort if idiot jury would find a guy guilty when the gun in question was not manufactured to fire full auto, has not been modified to fire full auto and furthermore, no illegal weapons were found in his possession? The only explanation is that they chose ignorant jurors that would buy the governments fabricated case. It's idiotic and further evidence of what is in store for us down the road.

Before we jump all over the ATF look at the following testimony:

"Kiernicki testified that Olofson had told Kiernicki that the third position of the rifle's firing selector was for automatic firing, but it jammed, court records indicate. He also testified Olofson told him he had fired the weapon on the automatic setting at that same range without a problem. According to Len Savage, a weaponry expert who runs Historic Arms LLC, BATFE paid Kiernicki an undisclosed amount of money for his testimony."

Let's see what happens on appeal and hope the NRA and SAF get involved. If Olofson did in fact own a modified AR-15 (or M-16 without a license) then he did brake the law. If it's found that the testimony was false then Kiernicki needs to be prosecuted.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Let's see what happens on appeal and hope the NRA and SAF get involved. If Olofson did in fact own a modified AR-15 (or M-16 without a license) then he did brake the law. If it's found that the testimony was false then Kiernicki needs to be prosecuted.
    I agree, but by their own admission, no illegal weapons were found. That tells me that the AR15 in question was not modified. Furthermore, the ATF paying someone to testify in their favor does not strengthen their case.

Could be that with all this talk of gun control lately they just picked someone to make an example of and railroaded him through the system. Wouldn't be the first time that happened.
    Last edited by rrc1962; 02-24-2009 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrc1962 View Post
    I agree, but by their own admission, no illegal weapons were found. That tells me that the AR15 in question was not modified. Furthermore, the ATF paying someone to testify in their favor does not strengthen their case.

Could be that with all this talk of gun control lately they just picked someone to make an example of and railroaded him through the system. Wouldn't be the first time that happened.
    This is all a possibility and may come to light. Something about the "more than 800 rounds fired" before the malfunction bothers me. While many, myself included, may spend an entire day at the range and fire a considerable amount I think this was done in a relatively short time. It doesn't say how the ATF found out about the incident. Did someone at the range report it or did Kiernicki turn him in? Payment for testimony isn't the proper way either. Is it possible the payment was a plea deal to keep Kiernicki out of jail? Right now there are far to many variables that need to be cleared up. Here's some more info on the case:

http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/olofson-vs-us.htm
    Last edited by ronwill; 02-24-2009 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Added additional info

I believe they say he fired the weapon on several occasions.

Also, on the older M-16's (there is a 3-round burst and single shot), I don't know the age of his weapon, but it seems funny that they describe "multiple rounds firing with a single pull of the trigger" and don't quantify it.
    "No matter how one approaches the figures, one is forced to the rather startling conclusion that the use of firearms in crime was very much less when there were no controls of any sort and when anyone, convicted criminal or lunatic, could buy any type of firearm without restriction. Half a century of strict controls on pistols has ended, perversely, with a far greater use of this weapon in crime than ever before."

-- Colin Greenwood

I believe they say he fired the weapon on several occasions.

Also, on the older M-16's (there is a 3-round burst and single shot), I don't know the age of his weapon, but it seems funny that they describe "multiple rounds firing with a single pull of the trigger" and don't quantify it.

-- Colin Greenwood

Smile Easy, guys, easy......

Calm down....... easy........ just wait......... don't do anything rash...... in fact, don't do anything at all.......... don't stockpile ammo......... nothing to worry about........ is that a flute melody I hear?........... he is not you......... you are still safe............ second amendment supporter of duck hunting.......... it is okay........ just go back to sleep.......

We are going to wake up in a very bad place, methinks.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

US vs Olofson

I have been "watching" this for the last year. If you "Google" this, you can find 20k+ hits. It is disturbing to say the least.. (Watch your Blood Pressure there. '007 ) It just does not make any sense. It is common knowledge that the "chopper" of choise for gangs are ARs & AKs, yet the BTAFE wants to make this an example? I think somebody was way over zealous and does not want to admit they made a mistake.
    Semper Fi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast