Castle Doctrine Success - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Castle Doctrine Success

Peter Hamm of the Brady Center laments "Do we want to kill every 16-year-old kid we find stealing a car stereo?" As far as I can tell, no responsible gun owner would kill someone unless their lives were in jeopardy, which would be the case only if their home or car was broken into while they are in it. Sure I'd be pissed if someone stole my car stereo, but I have never felt my life to be in danger from someone stealing it, either (unless of course I was actually in my car when the theft happened, then all bets are off).

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Ishi, can you verify that for me? I travel through Arkansas on a somewhat regular basis (can't carry concealed since they don't accept a Georgia CCW) and reading HD 1027 appears a lot like the one passed in Florida and here in Georgia.
    I posted nearly all the relevant arkansas state codes on the Arkansas forum. The Castle Doctrine is there as well. There is some momentum for the Extended Castle Doctrine here, but it's not law yet.

I used to think that it applied to a person's Automobile as well as the home, but now I can't find the code for that. Maybe I was mistaken!
    Last edited by ishi; 11-07-2007 at 09:16 PM.
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Peter Hamm of the Brady Center laments "Do we want to kill every 16-year-old kid we find stealing a car stereo?"
    That's such emotionally manipulative garbage. I know of no law in any state that would allow such an action.

It's like "one child killed by a firearm accident is too many!". One child killed by a dog is too many! One child killed by slipping in the tub is too many! etc etc. Fact is, one would be a shockingly low number, and considering how many people die from all kinds of causes every year, it's entirely acceptable. There's an argument that will turn the PTA mothers blue.
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bubba View Post
    Missouri just enacted castle doctrine, in July 2007. I along with many others was pleased by Governor Matt Blunt's action by signing it into law. :)
    Matt Blunt is a refreshing change from "OTB" (One Term Bob!!) our previous governor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12