Castle Doctrine Success
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Castle Doctrine Success

  1. #1

    Castle Doctrine Success

    A well written article on the Castle Doctrine.

    http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...0337/1001/news

  2.   
  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    A well written article on the Castle Doctrine.

    http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...0337/1001/news
    Good article. Thanks.

  4. #3
    My hope would be that if my gun was used in the proper manner it would be returned to me.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gray Court, SC
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    My hope would be that if my gun was used in the proper manner it would be returned to me.
    In SC our Castle Doctrine states that the police can't take our weapons or arrest us if used for protection. Also we can't be sued in civil court. If SC allows a civil suit then SC has to pick up the tab.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

  6. #5
    Good story. Thanks for posting it. Why am I not surprised the Brady campaign is against this. Anyway, I was glad that TN passed a castle doctrine last year. They also have the point to protect against civil liability.
    David

    The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

  7. #6
    It really is sad the law makers of this land have to give us rights we allready had.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    deep in the Ozarks
    Posts
    264

    Castle Doctrine

    Missouri just enacted castle doctrine, in July 2007. I along with many others was pleased by Governor Matt Blunt's action by signing it into law. :)

  9. #8
    I find that news media (and often others) get Castle Doctrine mixed up with Extended Castle Doctrine.
    Normal Castle Doctrine says you have no duty to retreat from your home. Extended Caste Doctrine says you have no duty to retreat from any place you can legally be.

    Arkansas has normal Castle Doctrine, but we still must attempt to retreat if outside the home.
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

    -Mark Twain

  10. #9
    Thanks for posting ronwill. Texas past ours last year. It is just plain good sense. I guess that is why the Brady Bunch is against it. They have no sense. They will only be happy when only the thugs have guns.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ishi View Post
    I find that news media (and often others) get Castle Doctrine mixed up with Extended Castle Doctrine.
    Normal Castle Doctrine says you have no duty to retreat from your home. Extended Caste Doctrine says you have no duty to retreat from any place you can legally be.

    Arkansas has normal Castle Doctrine, but we still must attempt to retreat if outside the home.
    Ishi, can you verify that for me? I travel through Arkansas on a somewhat regular basis (can't carry concealed since they don't accept a Georgia CCW) and reading HD 1027 appears a lot like the one passed in Florida and here in Georgia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast