Gun Shows and GFZ's

Thread: Gun Shows and GFZ's

1. Gun Shows and GFZ's

We went to the gun show. Everyone who has been top gun show knows that they don't allow loaded guns or loaded magazines. So this guy comes in and questions the guy at the front desk, who was also a cop, saying he had a HCP. The cop said that his HCP was invalid in POSTED areas, which is true. The problem is that the gun show was not posted properly and thus not a valid GFZ. They can ask you to leave, but carrying a loaded gun inside is not breaking the law as the cop suggested.

Question I never got that, either.

I have never understood the whole GFZ at a gun show rule, especially as concerns a CCW.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

At a gun show in Fort worth a few weeks back one of the dealers had a gun on his table that he was welling for a friend. some guy walks up, picks it up and pulls the trigger. BANG. A 45 though the table into the floor. The show was packed with people. If he had pointed anywhere else someone would be dead or wounded. Not good.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

5. Considering the types of people, mostly uneducated in the gun department, I agree with the rules 100%. I just found it interesting that the "law" as the cop was reciting it was not correct. The gun show was not legally a GFZ. Threatening to take a guy to jail who has an HCP for carrying a loaded gun inside is a violation of his rights. The correct response would have been....

"Our rules state that no loaded guns, magazines or ammo are allowed. The rules benefit the safety of everyone and if you do not wish to comply, we respectfully request that you leave."

I understand the no loaded guns and mags rule, but you're not even supposed to have ammo in your pocket...when not 10 feet from the check-in table there is an ammo dealer selling anything you could ever want.

Now ya all knows those types that be a vistin them thar gun shows. Heck, if we loud them there to have bulits in thar britches, theyd a be stickin em in every darn f'arm they cid git thar hands on and a shootin up the place somthin crazy. It's jist fo yo own pretecshun, K?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    Now ya all knows those types that be a vistin them thar gun shows. Heck, if we loud them there to have bulits in thar britches, theyd a be stickin em in every darn f'arm they cid git thar hands on and a shootin up the place somthin crazy. It's jist fo yo own pretecshun, K?

Alrighty then, 2bear! I wuz jest reckinin that them's with see-see-dubya's in a holster wuz safe enuf and edumacated enuf ta be trusted with a shootin eye-ron on thar hip. I feargot 'bout how we git when we git 'round them boomsticks!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson