Russian Scholar Says U.S. Will Collapse Next Year

Thread: Russian Scholar Says U.S. Will Collapse Next Year

Exclamation Russian Scholar Says U.S. Will Collapse Next Year

If you're inclined to believe Igor Panarin, and the Kremlin wouldn't mind if you did, then President Barack Obama will order martial law this year, the U.S. will split into six rump-states before 2011, and Russia and China will become the backbones of a new world order.

Panarin might be easy to ignore but for the fact that he is a dean at the Foreign Ministry's school for future diplomats and a regular on Russia's state-guided TV channels. And his predictions fit into the anti-American story line of the Kremlin leadership.

"There is a high probability that the collapse of the United States will occur by 2010," Panarin told dozens of students, professors and diplomats Tuesday at the Diplomatic Academy a lecture the ministry pointedly invited The Associated Press and other foreign media to attend.

The prediction from Panarin, a former spokesman for Russia's Federal Space Agency and reportedly an ex-KGB analyst, meshes with the negative view of the U.S. that has been flowing from the Kremlin in recent years, in particular from Vladimir Putin.

Putin, the former president who is now prime minister, has likened the United States to Nazi Germany's Third Reich and blames Washington for the global financial crisis that has pounded the Russian economy.

Panarin didn't give many specifics on what underlies his analysis, mostly citing newspapers, magazines and other open sources.

He also noted he had been predicting the demise of the world's wealthiest country for more than a decade now.

But he said the recent economic turmoil in the U.S. and other "social and cultural phenomena" led him to nail down a specific timeframe for "The End" when the United States will break up into six autonomous regions and Alaska will revert to Russian control.

Panarin argued that Americans are in moral decline, saying their great psychological stress is evident from school shootings, the size of the prison population and the number of gay men.

Turning to economic woes, he cited the slide in major stock indexes, the decline in U.S. gross domestic product and Washington's bailout of banking giant Citigroup as evidence that American dominance of global markets has collapsed.

"I was there recently and things are far from good," he said. "What's happened is the collapse of the American dream."

Panarin insisted he didn't wish for a U.S. collapse, but he predicted Russia and China would emerge from the economic turmoil stronger and said the two nations should work together, even to create a new currency to replace the U.S. dollar.

Asked for comment on how the Foreign Ministry views Panarin's theories, a spokesman said all questions had to be submitted in writing and no answers were likely before Wednesday.

It wasn't clear how persuasive the 20-minute lecture was. One instructor asked Panarin whether his predictions more accurately describe Russia, which is undergoing its worst economic crisis in a decade as well as a demographic collapse that has led some scholars to predict the country's demise.

Panarin dismissed that idea: "The collapse of Russia will not occur."

But Alexei Malashenko, a scholar-in-residence at the Carnegie Moscow Center who did not attend the lecture, sided with the skeptical instructor, saying Russia is the country that is on the verge of disintegration.

"I can't imagine at all how the United States could ever fall apart," Malashenko told the AP.

Source: FOXNews.com
    Last edited by lukem; 03-04-2009 at 11:18 AM.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I would hate to see the fall of our country.. but if obama and his minions keep on their path then it's not a matter of if.. but a matter of when it happens.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I would highly recommend a book called Russia and China in Prophecy. You can download it free here:
    Literature | theTrumpet.com

Anyone who knows thier scripture, sees that Igor Panarin is not far from the truth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

How many decades has, in one form or another, Russia claimed our demise was immenant?
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

With the way the current administration is going about it, 2010 might be optimistic. We may not be able to hold out that long.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

I was working w/ a temporary partner last week and he was telling me that there are several states talking about seceding from the union. He said he thought it was up to about 20. I take it as a grain of salt, but wouldn't be surprised. I also think 2010 may be a bit too far off if things keep spiraling downward like they are.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". ~George Orwell / Rudyard Kipling

Thumbs down What states and what source of info???

Quote Originally Posted by mot mayhem View Post
    I was working w/ a temporary partner last week and he was telling me that there are several states talking about seceding from the union. He said he thought it was up to about 20. I take it as a grain of salt, but wouldn't be surprised. I also think 2010 may be a bit too far off if things keep spiraling downward like they are.
    I call BS on the states secession without a source that can be verified.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

9. Quote Originally Posted by mot mayhem View Post
    I suspect that your partner may have referring to the recent spree of "State Sovereignty Resolutions" that are being brought up in state Legislatures. A good site for tracking these is State Sovereignty Resolutions Tenth Amendment Center. Every movement has to start somewhere.

might be. if i work w/ him again soon i will ask him. as i stated - i took it w/ a grain of salt. not that i don't believe it could and would happen. but until i see more, it is a rumour to me.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". ~George Orwell / Rudyard Kipling

So far 16 states are working on legislation related to the 10th amendment. I do remember that before the Supreme Court passed down the Heller ruling, some official from Montana had taken out a full page ad in one of the Washington DC newspapers. The ad was to remind folks that infringement of Montana residents 2nd amendment rights violates Montana's agreement with the U.S. It mentioned that they have the right to secede from the Union.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"