CCW Holders that broke the law
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCW Holders that broke the law

CCW Holders that broke the law

http://www.bradycenter.org/xshare/pdf/facts/2009-ccw-crimes-misdeeds.pdf

The above link is to the brady group's study of "Law abiding permit holders". They list about 148 permit holders who have broken the law with a firearm ie: murder, impersonating an officer, etc.

They claim this was only a "fraction" of the incidents they uncovered. Although having 148 incidents listed as opposed to 150-200 or a nice even number leads me to beleive this was all they found.

Assuming that they found every CCW holder who broke the law and this was 148 cases...in Florida alone in 2007 had 60,000 FEMALE permit holders (undisclosed # of males).

This "article" by the brady campaign uses statistics from all over the country, so for fun we'll say there are only 60,000 people licensed to carry in the entire country(there are many many many more).

If 148 of 60,000 broke the law that means that 0.246% of permit holders broke the law...
    REVOLUTION: Idea's spread they cannot stop them an idea who's time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government!- Ron Paul

wolfhunter Guest
    547,530 hold CWLs in Florida as of Feb. 28, 2009.

Number of Licensees by Type - Division of Licensing, DOACS

148 offenders nationwide, 547,530 licensees/permitees just in Florida. That percentage is getting awfully low.

Add another 180.2k for Michigan through Jan. 2009
    Semper Fi

seems most are from florida they must give those permit away to just about anyone ,

6. It seems like some of the people on this list didn't even break laws. the one in particular that I found interesting was

"Seattle, WA • October 23, 2007. A 23-year-old college student who police declined to identify
    was apprehended at Seattle Central Community College after a fellow student reported him to
    campus security. The man had one loaded weapon in his waistband and two more in his
    backpack, along with ammunition. The man appeared “extremely nervous” and began to cry and
    shake uncontrollably when questioned by police. Although the college had a policy prohibiting
    possession of firearms on campus, the policy could not be enforced because the young man had a
    valid CCW license.72"

according to this he was nervous, didn't know that was against the law. now since you cant determine his intentions you cant clearly say he was going to shoot anyone.

I think they want anything that looks even close to a law being broke so they can say that guns are not safe for civilians to own

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Add another 180.2k for Michigan through Jan. 2009
    is that all? gotta spread the word more... I bet more crime would be stopped if that number was doubled.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

180.2K CCW's in Michigan....That should be just the tri-county area of Wanye, Oakland, and Macomb. With Michigan's 2008 population at 10,003,422 leaves 9,823,222 unarmed victims...How sad and no wounder Michigan has high crime.

Add 222,822 for Tennessee

Source: Tennessee department of safety as of 3/31/2009
    Last edited by BigSlick; 04-12-2009 at 06:04 AM. Reason: left out source

It is funny how quite a few of the cases did not involve someone with a CCW or really had not much to do with the fact that the person was a CCW holder other then they had one. One guy was a former cop, another guy was pulled over by police for something? Had a CCW and was driving on a suspended License now what that has to do with a fire arms violation I don't know. It seems in most of the exapmles you are not getting the hole story only the part they what you to hear to make all of use CCW holder look like crazed gun nuts. Lets face it the systems are not perfect some people that should not have a CCW are going to get one. Just like their are alot of people out their that should not have a drivers License but do. We all know that more people are killed every day by someone driving while drunk or just diving like an idiot.

The Brady bunch will do what ever they can to push their agenda, the truth be damned.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast