Pelosi: Congress Needs to 'Keep the Door Open' to Another Stimulus Package
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pelosi: Congress Needs to 'Keep the Door Open' to Another Stimulus Package

How much more of this crap Will the citizens of the U.S take?

Politics Home
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says Congress needs to "keep the door open" to a another stimulus package.

FOXNews.com

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Tuesday that Congress needs to "keep the door open" to a another stimulus package -- raising the question of how much the government could eventually spend on top of the $787 billion already allocated to rescue the country from dire economic straits.

"The word of the day is confidence. Confidence in our markets, confidence in lending, confidence in our financial institutions," Pelosi said before suggesting the need for another rescue package during a press conference Tuesday following a meeting with top economists.

Mark Zandi, chief economist and founder of Moody's Economy, took a more definitive stance than Pelosi, telling reporters a second stimulus bill is necessary.

"We are going to need more taxpayer money ... I think another stimulus package is a reasonable assumption because of the way things are going," Zandi said.

The Obama administration has not ruled out supporting a second stimulus package -- should the current bill prove insufficient -- but it has not indicated a second bill is currently in the making either. President Bush and Congress also agreed to a smaller stimulus package last year.

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs told reporters on Feb. 17 that Obama "is going to do what's necessary to grow this economy." While "there are no particular plans at this point for a second stimulus package," he added, "I wouldn't foreclose it."

But Allen Sinai, the chief global economist at Decision Economics Inc. who was also present at Tuesday's meeting, disagreed over the need for another rescue bill, telling reporters that more patience is necessary.

"Nobody should expect miracles ... quick results," Sinai said. "Patience doesn't always look good ... you have to wait."

FOX News' Mosheh Oinounou contributed to this report.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Her word of the day may be "confidence". Mine's "irresponsible"! Pelosi's a Twit!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Her word of the day may be "confidence". Mine's "irresponsible"! Pelosi's a Twit!
    +1 and then some.

Pelosi is a power monger with some real bad ideas --and she needs to be replaced before she does any more damage with her stupid ideas and remarks

If they want to stimulate the economy, they should start by stimulating the American Taxpayer. Put the money where it will do the most good. Give every American Taxpayer $200,000 to $300,000 and watch the economy improve within a week or two after those checks get cashed. Far better than alll the Billions they have given the banks and car makers.

Earl

Quote Originally Posted by ntrdmfn View Post
    If they want to stimulate the economy, they should start by stimulating the American Taxpayer. Put the money where it will do the most good. Give every American Taxpayer $200,000 to $300,000 and watch the economy improve within a week or two after those checks get cashed. Far better than alll the Billions they have given the banks and car makers.

Earl
    that idea would do nothing but send us into a huge inflation. Think about it, Economy cars that cost 100,000, big screen tv's that are 45000. That's not the Idea that will fix our economy
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

Americans, keep your door open...back door that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Pelosi's a Twit!
    To paraphrase Jack Nicholson, "Hehe. Wrong vowel."

so in other words... while we're at it.. let's just piss the rest of what we have left of our economy away too.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

The door she needs to keep open is the exit. She can permanently leave without a whimper from me.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!
    EDC Primary: M&P45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon light in SmartCarry holster
    >>> http://MP-Pistol.com/
    EDC BUF: LCP, Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly holster
    >>> http://LCPforum.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast