Chuck Norris for President of Texas - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chuck Norris for President of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    The "spine" of our Republic was States' Rights. The "musculature" is the people who put the Constitution and our rights above federal power. The "spine was broken by Abe Lincoln, and then the events of the Carpetbagger era in the South. The muscles have been trying to keep this Union functioning ever since, but everytime we grow weary or distracted those who are only interested in forming a more powerful federal government make a new incursion.
    Well perhaps this, from South Carolina, represents an opening salvo of trying to regain that which was lost. One can only hope...

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess118_...bills/3509.htm

Excerpted… [Emphasis added]

Be it resolved by the House of Representatives, the Senate concurring:

That the General Assembly of South Carolina, based on the above principles and provisions, hereby declares by this resolution, that any act by the Congress of the United States, Executive Order of the President of the United States, or Judicial Order by the federal courts which assumes a power not delegated to the government of the United States of America by the Constitution and which serves to diminish the liberty of any of the several states or their citizens shall abridge the Constitution. The General Assembly further declares that acts which would cause such an abridgment include, but are not limited to:

(1) establishing martial law or a state of emergency within one of the states comprising the United States of America without the consent of the legislature of that state;

(2) requiring involuntary servitude, or governmental service other than a draft during a declared war, or pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law;

(3) requiring involuntary servitude or governmental service of persons under the age of eighteen other than pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law;

(4) surrendering any power delegated or not delegated to any corporation or foreign government;
    [Read: United Nations and NATO! Ed.]

(5) any act regarding religion, further limitations on freedom of political speech, or further limitations on freedom of the press; and

(6) further infringements on the right to keep and bear arms including prohibitions of type or quantity of arms or ammunition.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

There are a handfull of states with similar resolutions, some with stronger language than others. It is nice to see that some of the states are finally starting to get ticked. It will be interesting to see the results of these resolutions in the coming months.

Could be the opening salvoes in the 2nd American Civil War if the Leftists persist in the attitude of "We won. They lost. We write the laws."

Cool Chuck Norris for President of Texas?

Would anyone question that more resistance in state legislatures will be not be just necessary, but essential, to overcome the arrogance of a relatively small group of whom too many are proven criminals found guilty of crimes that would shame better people out of public office? Consider, many of these people shamelessly focus on personal gain and personal power, and pursue very questionable goals that clearly over-reach their competence,their intelligence, and their attention span.

To paraphrase M. Twain, "I speak in these vague general terms of the Congress"

Further overwhelmingly burdened by being lawyers, most are away from mothers or other responsible adults who can hold them properly accountable. Being often without useful skills, they seem best able only to craft incomprehensible gibberish, the better to conceal their true purpose ... packing someone's pork barrel.! Drafting, debating, rewriting and finally passing a never ending stream of "laws" amongst themselves, trading favors and junketing on your money, they operate without true accountability (beyond losing the next election, if we had a populace able to stomach the job of monitoring these 'scoundrels'.

(Scoundrels? Now, there is a fine term! Harkens back to when life embraced 'political correctness be damned', and when plain speech still had some vaule among people. Looks like the pseudo-"news media" succeeded in dumping all that, esp. after the courts got swamped in frivolous lawsuits, the better to keep the afore-mentioned lawyers employed ... until they can get elected!!)

OK, how do we get more accountability? What if every state, on their ballots, had an additional line below the name of each incumbent politician: "If [I]NOT[I] re-elected, should this individual receive the current retirement benefits available to members of the Congress (or legislature, etc.)? Yes / No".

Might this have some minor influence on those who disdain the will of their constituents, and reduce the desire of others to become 'professional' politicians? Couple it to a real life-cumulative useful term limit in Congress, and 'vested interests' might find it harder to cultivate "protectors" with life status! (A double-edged sword, that!)

The nation 's woes may drive some to Texas. Maybe even me? I dunno though, it will be a sorry day if the likes of the "People's Republic of Massachusetts" cannot be 'grabbed by the legislative .... horns.....', and turned. Symptomatic of the nation, it needs offer more balanced representation, seasoned with a dash of sanity. For MA. that means effective representation of the parts of the state outside Hyannisport and parts of Boston. I just don't feel 'going to Texas' is a state by state, or a national solution. Why should we all have to "retreat" from a bunch of toadie-boys and effete Elitists? I for one have put in too many hard, high-risk years in other countries run by corrupt, dis-enfranchisng governments, to turn my back on any low-lifes who would foster one here!!
    Last edited by llama; 03-14-2009 at 05:49 AM. Reason: (because I could)

Quote Originally Posted by llama View Post
    Would anyone question that more resistance in state legislatures will be not be just necessary, but essential, to overcome the arrogance of a relatively small group of whom too many are proven criminals found guilty of crimes that would shame better people out of public office? Consider, many of these people shamelessly focus on personal gain and personal power, and pursue very questionable goals that clearly over-reach their competence,their intelligence, and their attention span.

To paraphrase M. Twain, "I speak in these vague general terms of the Congress"

Further overwhelmingly burdened by being lawyers, most are away from mothers or other responsible adults who can hold them properly accountable. Being often without useful skills, they seem best able only to craft incomprehensible gibberish, the better to conceal their true purpose ... packing someone's pork barrel.! Drafting, debating, rewriting and finally passing a never ending stream of "laws" amongst themselves, trading favors and junketing on your money, they operate without true accountability (beyond losing the next election, if we had a populace able to stomach the job of monitoring these 'scoundrels'.

(Scoundrels? Now, there is a fine term! Harkens back to when life embraced 'political correctness be damned', and when plain speech still had some vaule among people. Looks like the pseudo-"news media" succeeded in dumping all that, esp. after the courts got swamped in frivolous lawsuits, the better to keep the afore-mentioned lawyers employed ... until they can get elected!!)

There is know doubt about. Mark Twain was right on.

OK, how do we get more accountability? What if every state, on their ballots, had an additional line below the name of each incumbent politician: "If [I]NOT[I] re-elected, should this individual receive the current retirement benefits available to members of the Congress (or legislature, etc.)? Yes / No".

Might this have some minor influence on those who disdain the will of their constituents, and reduce the desire of others to become 'professional' politicians? Couple it to a real life-cumulative useful term limit in Congress, and 'vested interests' might find it harder to cultivate "protectors" with life status! (A double-edged sword, that!)

The nation 's woes may drive some to Texas. Maybe even me? I dunno though, it will be a sorry day if the likes of the "People's Republic of Massachusetts" cannot be 'grabbed by the legislative .... horns.....', and turned. Symptomatic of the nation, it needs offer more balanced representation, seasoned with a dash of sanity. For MA. that means effective representation of the parts of the state outside Hyannisport and parts of Boston. I just don't feel 'going to Texas' is a state by state, or a national solution. Why should we all have to "retreat" from a bunch of toadie-boys and effete Elitists? I for one have put in too many hard, high-risk years in other countries run by corrupt, dis-enfranchisng governments, to turn my back on any low-lifes who would foster one here!!

+1. There is know doubt about it. Mark twain was right on in his statement.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12