Mexico blames U.S for cartels weapons.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mexico blames U.S for cartels weapons.

Mexico blames U.S for cartels weapons.

The poor corrupt Mexican government is upset that our laws aren't as strict as Mexico's.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/26/us/26borders.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1
    REVOLUTION: Idea's spread they cannot stop them an idea who's time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government!- Ron Paul

3. I saw a CNN story on this. It was very interesting as the only US made guns I saw were in the hands of the police. The criminals were mostly using A.K.s....

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    I saw a CNN story on this. It was very interesting as the only US made guns I saw were in the hands of the police. The criminals were mostly using A.K.s....
    Yes, Sir, I saw the same thing... Give me a break....
    Semper Fi

Mexico was happy to say illegal immigration into our country from Mexico was our problem to fix, I'd say a drug war in their country is their problem to fix.

2,000 guns going crossing mexico border every day = 730,000 guns per year

7,700 were traced back to US sellers last year? sure doesn't sound like 75% to me...sounds a little bit more like 1.05% ...which doesn't sound all that bad

i bet out of all drugs crossing the US border, has a lot higher percent of being traced back to mexican sellers
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

7. Angry

We are forgetting something here, the cartels are hiring the Mexican military to do their dirty work, so I guess they are using American guns......

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    We are forgetting something here, the cartels are hiring the Mexican military to do their dirty work, so I guess they are using American guns......
    Well, then,, Who trained them?? WE DID!
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Well, then,, Who trained them?? WE DID!
    The problem isn't that we trained them, the problem is they took drug money. Now they're stuck between taking drug money or losing their heads from the gov't.

10. The Mexicans think that a few thousand guns a year flowing over the border into their country is the biggest threat to their security? What about all us Americans who think that the MILLIONS of Mexicans who have flowed into this country and the THOUSANDS of TONS of illegal drugs coming over the Mexican border are a large threat to OUR security? You know, instead of going after guns, if the US gov't would just secure the darn border like the CONSTITUTION requires (provide for the common defense, anyone?) then maybe there wouldn't be a problem anyway!
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

Angry Look at the Mexican armed forces

Look at the Mexican Armed Forces...Until they received U.S. aid they were nearly useless. Now they are just this side of useless. Considering that the arms the Mexican Army uses are mostly US Made...and the fact that the Mexican Army has a rich history of corruption in some of it's units (it's a lot of work to protect drug convoys and fire on U.S. border patrol agents)...The U.S. is in fact responsible for the arms used by the cartels. We supplied the Mexican Govt., It supplied it's army, they supplied the cartels with weapons, and manpower. These are not however ILLEGAL GUNS, they are legally transferred between govt's. and that should not be our problem. Perhaps we should cease all military aid to Mexico and see how up to date they are in a year or two. We should also offer to keep any arms that they leave on our side of the border when we light them up for illegally crossing and in some cases actually committing an act of war. Mexico's El Presidente needs to get his stuff all in one sock and deal with the problems his citizens are causing. If he doesn't I'm sure we can it together for him but he ain't gonna like it!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast