Let's try this - Everyone Sending The Second Amendment on July 4th - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's try this - Everyone Sending The Second Amendment on July 4th

Excellent idea!

I also will be doing this. If you plan on mailing an actual letter, be aware that postal mail to Federal Offices goes through a few more security checks than typical mail so we will need to mail them a few days earlier to make sure they arrive BEFORE the 4th rather than after. Also, the 4th is on a Saturday this year so Friday will probably be a holiday. I'm thinking that we should all shoot for the same date to actually mail our letters so they all have the same postmark. How does June 22nd sound to you folks? That's a Monday so we can get our letters prepped on the weekend, drop them in the mail on that Monday and have them arrive in a timely manner.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right." ~ Mark Twain

May I also suggest that we paste in this letter the section of our state Consitutions that apply to that same right?

Connecticut Constitution Article I, Section 15
    Every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.

Amendment II of U.S. Constitution
    A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

4. Cut and Paste. The capital letters are as written.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

5. Count me in. Are we doing e-mails and snail mails too? Can someone put in a LINK so I can click on it to print the information to mail. Thanks
    Last edited by IWLAFART; 03-27-2009 at 09:25 AM. Reason: More information

6. Please attach a hyperlink to click on so I can print the information. I am not too savy on the puter.

covert1970: I as of yet am not a member of this organization, but the paperwork will be in by the first of the week ! The idea to send the Second Amendment to all U.S. Representatives and Senators is great, however do not forget the Executive branch of lies. BHO, Rahm Emanuel, Eric Holder, Mr. and Mrs Clinton, they always come as a pair no matter what, and all the other anti gun idiots who have the inabilty to read and comprehend simple but striking and effective words which have survived for centuries in meaning and purpose ! One other thing, besides all of the state politicians, we need to remind the Supreme Court of the importance of this and to how many people it is paramount that this Amendment and part of The Bill of Rights not change as any other should not. I am a Life Member of the NRA, The USCCA, and am a decorated combat veteran of Vietnam 1969-1970, plus a 100% Disabled Service Connected Combat Vet. and Life Member of The DAV. My family having been in this country 100 years prior to the Formation of The United States, with members involved in the process and family having fought in every war since the Revolution, feel I have a God given right to the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution and the Bill of Rights, unchanged and in their present form, now and forever ! No Cpongressional Body without a majority of at least two-thirds, of the registered voters, should be allowed to change any portion of our Founding Documents, even in time of war or any other occasion !

Timberlake, North Carolina, United States
    I am in

Excellent idea, count me in for both hard copies as well as emails.

Can someone who has the spare time post a mass list of email addresses. Maybe two lists per state, one for US congressmen and one for state congressmen.

A month or so ago I emailed all the UT state congressmen about their plan to do away with out-of-state CCW instructors. It took me almost an hour of clicking on each congressman to copy/paste all their email addresses in one notepad document. Maybe there is an easier way?

Appearently I deleted that list because I can't find it, otherwise I would post it.

Exclamation This link will do the trick!!!

NRA-ILA :: Action Center

It will allow you to contact your Congressman, Bothe your Senators and the office of the President, all at the same time. The original idea was for snail mail but every little bit helps!!!

Keep at it guys and gals. Le'ts let them know we have a voice and we are great in number!

We The People!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I'm in! I'll do both, snail-mail and email.

Great idea

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast